SF/PF Wenyen Gabriel (Kentucky Commit) | Page 19 | The Boneyard

SF/PF Wenyen Gabriel (Kentucky Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
With absolutely no inside information and only these comments as evidence, I think he picks Duke.

Ollie better have something up his sleeve for when he visits.

Reaction Score
With absolutely no inside information and only these comments as evidence, I think he picks Duke.

Ollie better have something up his sleeve for when he visits.
Proximity is on our side. We're a short drive for his parents to watch and play. He also has a very good relationship with KO. I just hope those two things, along with any other factors are enough to trump K and dook. It won't be easy, but I hope the fact that Ollie has been recruiting him for quite a while now could turn out to be a big factor.

Reaction Score
We have a lot of positive factors, he's not a top priority for dook or kentucky no matter what they tell him. kentucky's not what you would consider an academic institution. He can play early and get a lot of minutes and he's close to home. I think we have a very good shot here.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Duke has a better basketball resume, better college, better conference, better climate. Kentucky is even hotter than Duke. I just wish we were treated as close to them by recruits. Hopefully,that will change as Ollie's reputation grows.

I disagree on Kentucky having the bigger name as I think Duke is on top right now as much as I hate to say that. Coach K will be stepping down sooner than later and then we will see.

I trust KO and his coaching and recruiting ability.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I disagree on Kentucky having the bigger name as I think Duke is on top right now as much as I hate to say that. Coach K will be stepping down sooner than later and then we will see.
Duke is clearly on top. Which is why they'll most likely get Giles instead of Gabriel, which opens the door for us.

I trust KO and his coaching and recruiting ability.
Yup. It won't be a tragedy if we "only" get Jackson for this spot instead.

Reaction Score
We have NEVER had as much talent as Duke. It is nothing new for them to go 6 deep with 5 star players and K has picked up his game to match the squid. Both teams now go 9 or 10 deep with 5 star players. We have rarely had more than 2 at the same time.

No one is saying we don't have any talent. It just is 't anywhere as close to Duke and Kentucky, as some would like to believe.

Reaction Score
We have NEVER had as much talent as Duke. It is nothing new for them to go 6 deep with 5 star players and K has picked up his game to match the squid. Both teams now go 9 or 10 deep with 5 star players. We have rarely had more than 2 at the same time.

No one is saying we don't have any talent. It just is 't anywhere as close to Duke and Kentucky, as some would like to believe.
Define talent. Cliff Alexander supposedly had talent then he stepped foot on campus and showed nothing. Rankings are arbitrary and mean very little. Its about development and UConn ranks right up there with the best of them for developing talent.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Define talent. Cliff Alexander supposedly had talent then he stepped foot on campus and showed nothing. Rankings are arbitrary and mean very little. Its about development and UConn ranks right up there with the best of them for developing talent.
Cherry picking one player who didn't live up to expectations doesn't mean higher ranked players arent more game ready than lower ranked prospects.

Reaction Score

these posts never suggested that uconn landed more talent than dook or kentucky, their programs are higher rated, but that doesn't mean that we can't compete with them. uconn doesn't need 5 all americans to win a championship, but it would sure make things easier.

Reaction Score
Wait... what did I miss? Why are we Nexting?

Zionn has his sources. With all do respect to him, I sincerely hope he is wrong in this case because Gabriel is a hellva player, local kid, and I really wanna see Ollie win a recruiting battle over Cal and K.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Zionn has his sources. With all do respect to him, I sincerely hope he is wrong in this case because Gabriel is a hellva player, local kid, and I really wanna see Ollie win a recruiting battle over Cal and K.
No, I got that. I'm aware of Zionn, TCF and 3s sources; I'm wondering what he's hearing. Are we completely out, is he not planning on taking all of his visits, which one of the schools he's listed have blown him so out of the water that we're out of the picture?

Reaction Score
Hoping zion is saying next because he is hearing what Oz is about vance Jackson.

I think there room for both players

Reaction Score
Because it sounds like Gabriel's top 5 is actually a top 3 that we aren't in, plus us and Providence as courtesy adds.

Yeah looks like the kid likes the lights and glitter of the name programs rather than the one's who knew he was something well before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom