SF Chuba Ohams (Fordham Commit) | The Boneyard

SF Chuba Ohams (Fordham Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Teammate of Mamadou Diarra and Hamidou Diallo.

http://nypost.com/2015/08/07/the-genetics-defying-spurt-that-has-bronx-hs-star-hot-commodity/

Chuba Ohams’ body didn’t feel any different, but he began noticing changes beginning his junior year at Wadleigh High School in Harlem.

It was apparent on the basketball court. The players who used to tower over him were now at eye-level.

“I was thinking I should measure myself,” he said.

So he began making a mark against the wall in his room, and he kept on having to make a new one. In one calendar year, the undersized guard from The Bronx became a natural wing, a 6-foot-7 small forward. He shot up 7 inches without losing any of his guard skills.

“I’m definitely lucky,” he said. “Not many people are able to grow like that. I was one of those kids, and I just sprouted up.

Reaction Score
Could be an interesting recruit to follow. UConn should be able to keep a close eye on him being at same prep school as Diallo and Diarra.

Nice to see a mix tape where the player is taking/hitting jump shots. Has kind of a Jeremy Lamb feel to his game. Does things at a measured pace rather than frenetic.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
ALL OF THE HAMS.
KO is lookin pale here
image.jpg

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Kid has great form on his jumpshot.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Kid has great form on his jumpshot.
I'd rather have someone like this commit than Deandre Hunter, for example, personally.

Reaction Score
Yes! I'd actually heard we might be interested a few weeks ago. I like Ohams a lot.

Reaction Score
His "advisor" is Nate Blue - the guy who also advised Mo Harkless to look elsewhere because he was unimpressed with our roster...the one with the incoming class of Napier, Lamb, Giffey, Roscoe, etc.

Reaction Score
His "advisor" is Nate Blue - the guy who also advised Mo Harkless to look elsewhere because he was unimpressed with our roster...the one with the incoming class of Napier, Lamb, Giffey, Roscoe, etc.

I thought it was because he felt UConn had too many wings and he thought Harkless would have to play at the 4...which he ultimately played at St Johns, and even some time at the 5 because their roster was so paper thin. I remember the comments being something of UConn turning into Villanova because of smaller lineups. FWIW he also advised Charlie Villanueva.

Reaction Score
I cant really speak on how much blues relationship with KO is different than JC, but ohams looks like a real prospect. 7 inches in a year( sophomore year to last year?) is kinda crazy. ollie is straight up raiding the nepsac

Reaction Score
Looks super smooth. He has a high dribble, probably because he grew so fast, but these types of prospects that grow from guards to forwards tend to have huge upside.

Reaction Score
I thought it was because he felt UConn had too many wings and he thought Harkless would have to play at the 4...which he ultimately played at St Johns, and even some time at the 5 because their roster was so paper thin. I remember the comments being something of UConn turning into Villanova because of smaller lineups. FWIW he also advised Charlie Villanueva.

Yeah it was both - he made the Villanova comment but also had generally negative things to say about the roster.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Starting to get why Ollie casts a wide net, he needs to wait and see which guard is going to hit a growth spurt and becomes his stretch wings.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Playing time and position had nothing to do with it.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I'm afraid Nate blue himself.

Reaction Score
Announcing tomorrow. Any ideas on leans?

Chuba Ohams‏@_COhams
Decided that I know what school I'm gonna go to instead of committing in April so tomorrow I will be announcing my commitment at 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom