Chris Clarke (Committed to Virginia Tech) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Chris Clarke (Committed to Virginia Tech)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know enough about anyone UConn is recruiting other than video and the fact KO and the staff like them enough to offer. I do know enough from people in the state "in the know" that JWF is a nice athlete who will be a good player for someone in lower level than the Huskies. Is that THE word? Not necessarily but they've been pretty solid on other names from the state thrown around here over the years...

In KO we always trust brodie...:) Just getting tired of the Clarke recruitment a bit. Look at our competition. I respect WSU & VCU as programs. Both Final4 caliber programs/coaches.

caw

Reaction Score
Clarke though is cutting teams with talented personnel. VCU has a big class this year and next year is going to be good with Williams. He is concerned with PT with teams like UConn and VCU (behind Johnson & Burgess) which is a fair and reasonable approach. The Tennessee roster is weak. That team will be lucky to make the NIT the next few years with Clarke. IMO

The kid is hedging on a UCONN offer. I find that concerning.

OK, perhaps I misread your previous post. Were you not comparing who is recruiting Clarke versus who has offered JWF? That's what it appeared you were doing. As such I was only making the point that Smart had Clarke as his primary target at SF until Clarke cut VCU.

Yes, Clarke has cut some schools that are deep at certain positions. I still think UConn has a shot. The fact he hasn't popped at VT or Creighton gives me hope. Tennessee is a bit confusing bc everything I had heard had them solidly in fourth. It could be he just wants to do his due diligence, and if so that bodes well for UConn. I have no inside info from UConns POV though and I don't completely trust my source on the Clarke side.

Reaction Score
OK, perhaps I misread your previous post. Were you not comparing who is recruiting Clarke versus who has offered JWF? That's what it appeared you were doing. As such I was only making the point that Smart had Clarke as his primary target at SF until Clarke cut VCU.

Yes, Clarke has cut some schools that are deep at certain positions. I still think UConn has a shot. The fact he hasn't popped at VT or Creighton gives me hope. Tennessee is a bit confusing bc everything I had heard had them solidly in fourth. It could be he just wants to do his due diligence, and if so that bodes well for UConn. I have no inside info from UConns POV though and I don't completely trust my source on the Clarke side.

I think Clarke would be a good pick up for UConn. A 4 year guy who could develop his skill set into a post college pay check. Frame fits the same mold. I am not as high on Clarke as you are and many others here. Hopefully I am wrong. :)

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
JWF is a headcase. Always has, always will be.

Reaction Score
JWF is a headcase. Always has, always will be.

I think there was some truth to that statement. The "always will be" part is unfair though. When Bazz was a Frosh the father of one of the UConn players called him a "snot faced kid". We all know how that turned out. :) Kids at a young age mature.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think there was some truth to that statement. The "always will be" part is unfair though. When Bazz was a Frosh the father of one of the UConn players called him a "snot faced kid". We all know how that turned out. :) Kids at a young age mature.
Shabazz never screamed at his coach, pushed his players over in the huddle, or swore so loud at teammates and coaches that everyone in the gym could hear him.

Reaction Score
Shabazz never screamed at his coach, pushed his players over in the huddle, or swore so loud at teammates and coaches that everyone in the gym could hear him.

So your saying assuming arguendo... that IF the above occurred to the FULL extent you mentioned that he is void of the ability to change and better himself in a different environment more conducive to his growth?

Reaction Score

That's how the coach at Windsor behaves, so that's not surprising.

But kids can change and mature with a change of environment. It happens all the time.

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
In KO we always trust brodie...:) Just getting tired of the Clarke recruitment a bit. Look at our competition. I respect WSU & VCU as programs. Both Final4 caliber programs/coaches.

I don't understand your frustration with Clarke. If I had to make that big of a career decision and had five official visits, I would take them all, make sure I'm making the right choice, and then commit - fully. It's how I select contractors for construction projects or professionals to assist on design related projects when developing real estate. I'd rather have a kid conduct himself like Clarke and do his due diligence before committing then commit early and then realize he rushed into a decision and de-commit like Turtle, Prince, and so many other kids who regret premature commitments.

I get your impatience, but give the kid a break and let him date a little before he decides to tie the knot. I would prefer a well though out commitment to a premature one any day.

Reaction Score
I don't understand your frustration with Clarke. If I had to make that big of a career decision and had five official visits, I would take them all, make sure I'm making the right choice, and then commit - fully. It's how I select contractors for construction projects or professionals to assist on design related projects when developing real estate. I'd rather have a kid conduct himself like Clarke and do his due diligence before committing then commit early and then realize he rushed into a decision and de-commit like Turtle, Prince, and so many other kids who regret premature commitments.

I get your impatience, but give the kid a break and let him date a little before he decides to tie the knot. I would prefer a well though out commitment to a premature one any day.

That's all fine and well. Your points are well taken BUT if you got asked to the prom by a Jessica Alba in her prime (UConn) comparatively speaking to (Va Tech, Tenn & Creighton) relating to career development/prom date... which would you choose if you were confident, good looking/player and smart? My point is he may not possess any of the 3. Why settle for Roseanne Barr on a good night (exaggerating slightly) while Jared Wilson Frame is possibly scoring with Beyoncé (VCU & WSU)? lol

Last edited:

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
That's all fine and well. Your points are well taken BUT if you got asked to the prom by a Jessica Alba in her prime (UConn) comparatively speaking to (Va Tech, Tenn & Creighton) as related to career development/prom date which would you choose if you were confident, good looking and smart? My point is he may not possess any of the 3 so why settle for Roseann Barr on a good night (exaggerating slightly) while Jared Wilson Frame is possibly scoring with Beyoncé (VCU & WSU)? lol
Heavy on the analogy

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That's all fine and well. Your points are well taken BUT if you got asked to the prom by a Jessica Alba in her prime (UConn) comparatively speaking to (Va Tech, Tenn & Creighton) relating to career development/prom date... which would you choose if you were confident, good looking/player and smart? My point is he may not possess any of the 3. Why settle for Roseanne Barr on a good night (exaggerating slightly) while Jared Wilson Frame is possibly scoring with Beyoncé (VCU & WSU)? lol

VCU/WSU are not Beyonce in your comparison. Arianna Grande maybe.

(I'm not a Beyonce fan, I'll grant you, but I get that people love her)

pj

Reaction Score
These things have a way of working themselves out. Yes, if he's afraid he can't make the cut for playing time at UConn, then he probably can't - players know themselves better than anyone -- but if that's the case he'll go elsewhere. I have to suspect Ollie acquired some kind of concern about Clarke's willingness to commit during the visit, thus the Mack offer immediately afterward. I think if Clarke comes here, if he wants to be here most and Ollie still wants him, he'll be a good player for us.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

Because if you take the date with Jessica Alba (is she really past her prime?) and you aren't her main date but just a back-up, that might effect how much you enjoy the prom.

Let him finish his process.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

I bang em all (take all 5 visits) and then marry the hottest one (UCONN) when I need to make the decision.

Reaction Score
Because if you take the date with Jessica Alba (is she really past her prime?) and you aren't her main date but just a back-up, that might effect how much you enjoy the prom.

Let him finish his process.

:) I understand both sides. Thanks brodie.

Reaction Score
I bang em all (take all 5 visits) and then marry the hottest one (UCONN) when I need to make the decision.

What happens though if your banging the 4th or 5th one who is avg looking and on your way out the door the hottest 1 (The Hungry Husky) who is the best of the group finds a better STUD to ride into the sunset with? :)

Reaction Score
Just goes to show why following recruiting can make your head hurt. You never heard a word about Tennessee all summer, he's visited every school on his list except Tennessee in recent weeks, yet now all the 247 guys are switching their picks to Tennessee. Clear as mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom