Chris Clarke (Committed to Virginia Tech) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Chris Clarke (Committed to Virginia Tech)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice article, Ace. Some very nice things said about UConn. It looks more and more like what it will all come down to for Clarke is playing at the highest level and competing for time here at UConn, or choosing one of his other finalists where he may be able to go and be more of an impact player right away.

Reaction Score
This sounds pretty good to me, unless Bruce Pearl pulls a Mike Gottfried.

Yea, I don't know one way or the other but it doesn't seem like UConn is out of it like some speculated. Just seems like they've decided to go through with all of his visits and decide from there. Obviously it would've been nice to see a commit on the visit, but hey we've also seen many kids decommit after deciding to commit after only visiting one school, so...

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Yea, I don't know one way or the other but it doesn't seem like UConn is out of it like some speculated. Just seems like they've decided to go through with all of his visits and decide from there. Obviously it would've been nice to see a commit on the visit, but hey we've also seen many kids decommit after deciding to commit after only visiting one school, so...
Yea I didn't quite understand why some posters were speculating that the Clarke visit didn't go well. I would much rather prefer a recruit taking his time and weighing his options prior to committing instead of rushing the decision and then flip flopping

That article really shows that Clarke and his camp hold UConn in high regard and we should still consider ourselves the team to beat for his services.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Tennessee fans think they got him locked up once he comes to their football game. Ala Austin Nichols lol

Reaction Score
Tennessee fans think they got him locked up once he comes to their football game. Ala Austin Nichols lol

Wilson Frame is better than Clarke right now IMO. Assuming Frame has his academics in order (which I think he will) JWF will probably play for Greg Marshall. Tough kid and tough good program/Shockers. VCU has also offered.

Reaction Score
Wilson Frame is better than Clarke right now IMO. Assuming Frame has his academics in order (which I think he will) JWF will probably play for Greg Marshall. Tough kid and tough good program/Shockers. VCU has also offered.
Who is JWF and Wilson Frame? Sorry I am not up to par with some of your recruits.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Who is JWF and Wilson Frame? Sorry I am not up to par with some of your recruits.

Local kid prepping down in the Carolinas - Jared Wilson Frame.

Mid-major kid with a decent upside.

Reaction Score

Sorry BDH but close friends/coaches from the area tell me not. You could very well be right but my understanding is a nice player who may fit in with the Fairfields, UMass's etc etc ...........I hope he proves everyone wrong but as a soph he looked to rise above but kind of leveled off it would seem......I wish him well but if her were as good or better than Clarke, Mack or Jones he would have been a Husky by now.

Reaction Score
Sorry BDH but close friends/coaches from the area tell me not. You could very well be right but my understanding is a nice player who may fit in with the Fairfields, UMass's etc etc ......I hope he proves everyone wrong but as a soph he looked to rise above but kind of leveled off it would seem.I wish him well but if her were as good or better than Clarke, Mack or Jones he would have been a Husky by now.

In my opinion it doesn't matter what coaches from the area think. Marshall and Smart are on him. Compare that to Creighton, Va tech and Tennessee. Academics were an issue for Frame along with his maturity. Getting out of Windsor helped. Frame is a better shooter than Clarke. He also is a tough physical kid. I can't definitively say Frame will be better than Clarke over the next 4 years but I am not sold on Clarke and how his recruitment is going. Just my opinion brodie.

caw

Reaction Score
In my opinion it doesn't matter what coaches from the area think. Marshall and Smart are on him. Compare that to Creighton, Va tech and Tennessee. Academics were an issue for Frame along with his maturity. Getting out of Windsor helped. Frame is a better shooter than Clarke. He also is a tough physical kid. I can't definitively say Frame will be better than Clarke over the next 4 years but I am not sold on Clarke and how his recruitment is going. Just my opinion brodie.

If one of the coaches from the area is Ollie, I'll take his evaluation over Shaka and Marshall.

BTW, I see you are talking about the schools recruiting Clarke, VCU and Smart wanted him but he cut them months ago. He was also higher on their radar than Mack (which is why I find it funny that they diss Ollie for getting in late on Mack). Mack was a backup plan for VCU until he grew/blewup.

Reaction Score
If one of the coaches from the area is Ollie, I'll take his evaluation over Shaka and Marshall.

BTW, I see you are talking about the schools recruiting Clarke, VCU and Smart wanted him but he cut them months ago. He was also higher on their radar than Mack (which is why I find it funny that they diss Ollie for getting in late on Mack). Mack was a backup plan for VCU until he grew/blewup.

Clarke though is cutting teams with talented personnel. VCU has a big class this year and next year is going to be good with Williams. He is concerned with PT with teams like UConn and VCU (behind Johnson & Burgess) which is a fair and reasonable approach. The Tennessee roster is weak. That team will be lucky to make the NIT the next few years with Clarke. IMO

The kid is hedging on a UCONN offer. I find that concerning.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know enough about anyone UConn is recruiting other than video and the fact KO and the staff like them enough to offer. I do know enough from people in the state "in the know" that JWF is a nice athlete who will be a good player for someone in lower level than the Huskies. Is that THE word? Not necessarily but they've been pretty solid on other names from the state thrown around here over the years........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom