Chris Clarke (Committed to Virginia Tech) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Chris Clarke (Committed to Virginia Tech)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.vantagehoops.com/news_article/show/407504?referrer_id=1103687

“No one school is sticking out yet, but some schools are coming harder than others. Tennessee, Iowa State, Creighton, Florida, UConn are the hardest right now.”

With Florida being the most recent, Clarke said there are many positives in the warm-weather school that really appeal to him.

“Florida has a great location, they’re a winning program, and they can put players in the NBA. I like their legacy.”

He also spoke highly of the defending national champs, the Connecticut Huskies.

“They can win and produce NBA players. Those are pluses for me. Coach Ollie and me talk periodically. He told me if I do decide to go to UConn, that I’d be utilized right away, and that he loves my game and my energy.”

Whichever school does land the versatile wing, it’s likely that program will have four qualities that Clarke is looking for in his ultimate choice.

“Good location, good teammates, good coaching, and great support,” he said.

(h/t to @3uconn for finding the article)

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Clarke was impressive again today for USA East squad at the NIKE Global Challenge. Starting again Clarke went for 19 points on 9-10 shooting and was a menace on defense as usual.
This kids going to be in high demand soon, we better lock him up fast

Reaction Score
I couldn't agree with you more. What little I have seen on the Clarke mixtapes is that he brings to the table the same type of toughness and fight which has become a hallmark of UConn basketball. Whether it's Jeff Adrien, Jerome Dyson, Johnnie Selvie or even a less stat-stuffing but equally lunchpail Ed Nelson.. no one was ever going to outwork those guys. I could be wrong and only time will tell, but I love that Chris doesn't try to be fancy, or do anything which would really lend itself to a mixtape highlight. It's him beating opposition down floor and getting layups non-stop, which I would imagine must have been on display again in a 9-10 FG shooting night.

Reaction Score
It's him beating opposition down floor and getting layups non-stop, which I would imagine must have been on display again in a 9-10 FG shooting night.

All of them were easy buckets, he excels at finding easy shots. And really, what's more important than getting easy shots. And it's not just him beating his man down the floor, he does it in the half court too. He runs around like a madman, never stops moving, and he has a nose for the ball which gets him alot of put back/cleanup baskets. He's a very hard player not to like when you watch him play; I predict he is an instant fan favorite if he ends up in Storrs.

Reaction Score
Outside shooting could be a weakness going forward. Jones or Clark? Would be happy with either player but prefer the one with the better outside shot whoever that is.

Reaction Score
Considering Kansas, Kentucky and Florida are already after him, I would say he already is in "high demand". He and his father seem very impressed by KO and our style though, so I'm optimistic on this one.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I couldn't agree with you more. What little I have seen on the Clarke mixtapes is that he brings to the table the same type of toughness and fight which has become a hallmark of UConn basketball. Whether it's Jeff Adrien, Jerome Dyson, Johnnie Selvie or even a less stat-stuffing but equally lunchpail Ed Nelson.. no one was ever going to outwork those guys. I could be wrong and only time will tell, but I love that Chris doesn't try to be fancy, or do anything which would really lend itself to a mixtape highlight. It's him beating opposition down floor and getting layups non-stop, which I would imagine must have been on display again in a 9-10 FG shooting night.
This

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Considering Kansas, Kentucky and Florida are already after him, I would say he already is in "high demand". He and his father seem very impressed by KO and our style though, so I'm optimistic on this one.
Yea but the difference is he's not a priority though, or so we think.... But yea I also agree he definitely fits our style. We need a new "role player"

Reaction Score
I think you're getting Jones and Clarke mixed up, Florida is the only one of those 3 involved with Clarke.

Reaction Score
Yea but the difference is he's not a priority though, or so we think.... But yea I also agree he definitely fits our style. We need a new "role player"
how is he not a priority? they watched him quite a bit at the last two AAU events he was involved in. there was an interview he gave about a week or so ago where he said UConn was one of the main schools he's now talking to.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
how is he not a priority? they watched him quite a bit at the last two AAU events he was involved in. there was an interview he gave about a week or so ago where he said UConn was one of the main schools he's now talking to.
Just making sure were on the same page, I do believe he is a priority for us. But I'm not sure if he's near the top of other schools lists YET. However I could easily be wrong

Reaction Score
Officially visiting September 5th-7th. Same weekend as Djery Baptiste.
Have to think some decisions are going to be made in the next couple of weeks with Enoch, Clarke, Jones and Baptiste.......what's your feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom