Chris Clarke (Committed to Virginia Tech) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Chris Clarke (Committed to Virginia Tech)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like many have said kids change their minds. If he was so sure of anything he would have announced.

Nice 1/4 zip sweater, like his style!;)

Reaction Score
That's been covered elsewhere in the thread. You can choose to believe it or not.

Has it really though? Seemed to me that people jumped to conclusions after the "crystal ball" BS switched and a few people with "sources" said "next." It then became, somehow, a forgone conclusion that he wasn't coming here because he didn't immediately commit on his visit. Him wearing UConn merch could be a good sign or it could simply mean that that was what was clean. The whole point is that none of us really know what a 17/18 year old kid is thinking.

Reaction Score
My opinion; I wouldn't read too much into the UConn gear. Recruits often leave their visit with a bag of swag. I would be more surprised if he got a nice zip up and didn't wear it.

Reaction Score
Has it really though? Seemed to me that people jumped to conclusions after the "crystal ball" BS switched and a few people with "sources" said "next." It then became, somehow, a forgone conclusion that he wasn't coming here because he didn't immediately commit on his visit. Him wearing UConn merch could be a good sign or it could simply mean that that was what was clean. The whole point is that none of us really know what a 17/18 year old kid is thinking.

As I said, either you're convinced by what you've read here or you aren't. I don't know what else there is to say about it.

Reaction Score
My opinion; I wouldn't read too much into the UConn gear. Recruits often leave their visit with a bag of swag. I would be more surprised if he got a nice zip up and didn't wear it.
Yup, we all remember this photo:
BiYgAnCCMAAUfQ3.jpg

Reaction Score
I've seen Hamilton in a Oregon State shirt on campus before, it was a nice shirt.

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
Well....... No disrespect to the recruiting pundits on the BY, but Jerry Meyer tweeted that Mack and Clarke's decisions are somewhat tethered, which I interpret to mean that if one commits here the other one won't. See Mack Thread as posted by OkaForPrez.

Not saying that Clarke is committing here, but I think the cries for "Next" in both the Mack thread and this one were premature. I have no ' clue what these kids are thinking. I live at 9000 ft. next to ski area, not a lot of hoops action in my neck of the woods. My knowledge extends to this site and what the internet tells me, but as 99 would say recruiting is fluid. Clarke, I believe, may still be in play and I'd take him if he wants to come.

Any one else have any thoughts as to how Clarke and Mack are tethered? I'd love to hear more.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
To be honest I don't put much value in these "recruiting analysts'" predictions. They all flip flop and rarely have great "intel" as they all claim. Their real value is scouting players to determine what players are more talented than others (or at least this used to be the case with Telep, etc.). The prediction phenomenon has gotten way too big the last couple of years. Just wait and see who we end up with.

Reaction Score
@Chris_Clarkee: I'm announcing what college I will attend on Thursday at 250 in the gym EVERYBODY COME ❗️

Reaction Score
Are we out on this one?
I have no intel but I would venture a guess that we are out. Both Moore and Ollie are visiting Mack in successive days this week. Sounds like a full court press.

Dmike

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure yes

Why do we think we're out? Not that I'm saying we're in. Just want to know the basis for your opinion.

Recently, some recruiting pundits said that recruitment of Clark and Mac are "tethered" leaving many of is to wonder what this means. So, curious to know whether Clark's recruitment has "untethered"

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Wish this kid best of luck. Love his motor.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Why do we think we're out? Not that I'm saying we're in. Just want to know the basis for your opinion.

Recently, some recruiting pundits said that recruitment of Clark and Mac are "tethered" leaving many of is to wonder what this means. So, curious to know whether Clark's recruitment has "untethered"

I think this is BS. I said it before, but fwiw, I don't even know what this means. If Clarke doesn't commit to UCONN, then Mack is free to commit to UCONN?; He could do this first anyway. Or if Clarke does, then Mack is free to commit somewhere else; again, he could do this first anyway? They're obviously not going to play together, and Ollie is likely on a first come first serve.

The tethered thing makes no sense.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I think some people on here think we're out on Clarke. We most certainly are not out. Could definitely snag him on Thursday. If not, then I think it might help our chances with Mack. But I would be ecstatic with a Clarke commitment.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I think this is BS. I said it before, but fwiw, I don't even know what this means. If Clarke doesn't commit to UCONN, then Mack is free to commit to UCONN?; He could do this first anyway. Or if Clarke does, then Mack is free to commit somewhere else; again, he could do this first anyway? They're obviously not going to play together, and Ollie is likely on a first come first serve.

The tethered thing makes no sense.
I think you misunderstood. By "tethered", he means that one will not commit to UConn ff the other does.

Dmike

Reaction Score
So if they are tethered. Then we are not out according to Jerry Meyer and other recruiting analysts.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think you misunderstood. By "tethered", he means that one will not commit to UConn ff the other does.

Yeah but that's obvious, and generally when you use the word "tethered". That's pretty much every big time recruit who plays the same position. By this logic Derek Jones, Mack, Clarke and any other big time wing is 'tethered'.

Reaction Score
doesn't "tethered" simply imply that once one commits, the other will follow? in this case, it seems Mack is waiting for Clarke to commit. If you listen to the VCU fools, they think that KO essentially told Mack to hold off until Clarke decided. The fact that we're double teaming Mack this week would seem to indicate that we are out on Clarke and going all out on Mack; hence the "tether." Or, my rationale, like every other expert out there, means absolutely nothing as none of us truly know what is going on.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
doesn't "tethered" simply imply that once one commits, the other will follow? in this case, it seems Mack is waiting for Clarke to commit. If you listen to the VCU fools, they think that KO essentially told Mack to hold off until Clarke decided. The fact that we're double teaming Mack this week would seem to indicate that we are out on Clarke and going all out on Mack; hence the "tether." Or, my rationale, like every other expert out there, means absolutely nothing as none of us truly know what is going on.

I have to think a kid as confident and talented as Mack isn't going to sit on a situation like that. I'd doubt he wants to go to VCU so badly that he waits out some other kid's recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom