Setting emotions aside ... | The Boneyard

Setting emotions aside ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At this point I'd say fire everyone.
Keep brown, foley, and some others. Deleone has to go. And if he doesn't, p has to go too.
In season, it's extremely unlikely an entire coaching staff is jettisoned. Some coaches are required, but what's the likelihood of any change beyond the potential for DeLeone quietly shifting to a lesser role for 4 remaining games? As much as some may like to see Pasqualoni depart ... now, I suspect he minimally finishes this season.

On the other hand, a bye week offers a little time for a possible interim transition. Ex-Ouachita Baptist University QB Mike Digman may be a good guy and scUM alum non-athlete, Jordan Orlovsky, may have an interesting surname, but they won't run the D and O in a few weeks against Pitt. :rolleyes: Albeit at the 1-AA level, Brown and Foley have been head coaches and Hughes played the loyal role just 1.5 seasons ago. If there's an interim change, a penny's worth of perspective suggests these 3 respected coaches remain on-board this season.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Hell, if during the bye week a few reassignments puts Foley in charge of the OL and lets Day call plays I will consider this the our biggest win since USF two years ago.

Reaction Score
You make the change to fire up the players again. Their heads are down.

Reaction Score
Hell, if during the bye week a few reassignments puts Foley in charge of the OL and lets Day call plays I will consider this the our biggest win since USF two years ago.
Could be, but "what's the likelihood of any change beyond the potential for DeLeone quietly shifting to a lesser role for 4 remaining games?" If people were putting money on it, what's the likelihood of Manuel imposing DeLeone being thrown off as ballast now?

Setting aside reasonable emotions and desires, I'm not convinced that's happening in Storrs, CT without some big swinging whales (IMG/Nike?) or Burton big boys weighing in aggressively with Herbst and Manuel. Right or wrong, KO's 1-year initial contracts suggests neither Herbst nor Manuel will be pressured into anything merely by the average season ticket holders' or occasional ticket buyers' views.

Yes, DeLeone, minimally, must depart now! Time may tell whether Pasqualoni is jettisoned now as well.

Reaction Score
You make the change to fire up the players again. Their heads are down.
Really down. Shame on the PP for not using the players' skills the best he could. If he wanted to implement a different scheme, he should have done that slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom