Senior Day | The Boneyard

Senior Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Senior day is on Thursday and I am not ready for it. The last remaining player to play under Jim Calhoun, Ryan Boatright, a top 10 scorer in UConn history, a national champ, a legend, a warrior, is graduating. This is significant and I think is the official beginning of the new era of UConn basketball that is upon us. Remember Thursday night. We're seeing one of the greats leave.

Reaction Score
Can't wait! Don't Think KO will be telling us he'll see us in April like last year. I'm still amazed he did that, dude must be a time traveler! I think the offical new beginning started when KO took over.

Reaction Score
Driving 1400 miles from SW Florida to be there to see my favorite Husky of all time in his last on campus game. In SC now, about 760 miles to go...
That's awesome.

Reaction Score
We still have Calhoun's final contributions to the program: Omar Calhoun and Phillip Nolan.
And we lost out on Boatright to WVA who then prcededed to recruit over him with Hines and he back out of his commitment. If Huggie didn't screw up its OC, PN.
Of course who knew Omar was going to require surgery ,which hurt his career.
Nolan was always just a throw in .
If it wasn't for desertions and suspensions he wouldn't have seen the floor for two years.

Reaction Score
And we lost out on Boatright to WVA who then prcededed to recruit over him with Hines and he back out of his commitment. If Huggie didn't screw up its OC, PN.
Of course who knew Omar was going to require surgery ,which hurt his career.
Nolan was always just a throw in .
If it wasn't for desertions and suspensions he wouldn't have seen the floor for two years.
We don't win it all last year without Phil, more than a throw in,

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ryan Boatright is one of the best to ever lace them up for the Huskies and his name should be up on the Huskies of Honor when it's all said and done.

Where in SC did you stop?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think Boat's greatness gets a little bit over shadowed because he's the next in line after Kemba and Shabazz.

When you think about it though, he very well may be our 3rd best player overall in the past 10 years up until Gordon/Okafor in 2004.

Final thought regarding his number going up as a Husky of Honor. I think Butler and Gordon were better and aren't up, yet Rudy is due to 1st team AA.

I say put all 3 up.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Remember though that Ollie was already a big part of the recruiting machine even before he was promoted to head coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom