Semi OT: Tech Question To Preserve NCs | The Boneyard

Semi OT: Tech Question To Preserve NCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, it started like this: I called DirecTV to activate Sports Pack so I can see SNY Husky Games - no I did not have Platinum or whatever it's called these days because I rebelled against the endlessly repetitive drivel they have been feeding people on HBO et al for years. And this pleasant young lady says "actually Sports Pack would cost you more that doing our Premier Package, which includes Sports Pack. So I say sign me up! Then she says: Why I see you are due for an equipment upgrade. I says: Well, the equipment is getting rickety. So she signs us up for our free equipment upgrade - Genie and MiniGenies with a free install this week. This was 5 days ago. Today it hit me. They are taking away the DVR that has the last two NC games on it!! I love those games. QUESTION oh techies among us: Any way to dump them into the new machine? Or am I left doing a playback marathon til the DTV truck arrives or my wife has me committed?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Just copy the games onto a DVD. I'm no techie and have never done it, but I assume if you play the game and have a regular recorder (to watch movies or whatever), I don't see why you couldn't "tape" them. I have a recorder that can play both VCR tapes and DVD's and have used it twice in 3 1/2 years. But I do have a bunch of DVD's and a few treasured old tapes . . .

I have and love DirecTV - but it annoys me no end that they do not carry the Pac-12 network. What they do have is the multiple Fox stations for WBB and NFL Sunday Ticket.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Once that box is gone its over... You can record onto a DVD via a DVD recorder but you will not get the HD appearance but good enough to watch. They need a "cloud" set up for our saved shows

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Once that box is gone its over... You can record onto a DVD via a DVD recorder but you will not get the HD appearance but good enough to watch. They need a "cloud" set up for our saved shows

Thanks to both of you for suggestions. Daddy I had the same thought re the Cloud...but then the Russians or Chinese would hack us and find out the secrets of UConn basketball!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyClifton

Top Bottom