Semi OT - Stupid story about Coach K | The Boneyard

Semi OT - Stupid story about Coach K

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Stupid story on Yahoo about coach K and an unfair recruiting advantage he gains from being the USA National Team coach - taking the exact opposite side of a string of posts on this board about how big a hit Uconn recruiting is taking with Geno serving in the same capacity for the women. (Rightfully the comments are pretty universally trashing the author):
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-ne...s-showcasing-only-duke-s-coach-044717393.html

I also found the Fortune top leaders selection of three coaches (grouped together) to be interestingly lacking in on name - I understand why - it is termed 'PC', but to ignore the active coach with the highest winning percentage, the most championships, etc is a pretty glaring omission (#20):
http://fortune.com/2014/03/20/fortune-ranks-the-worlds-50-greatest-leaders/

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Well, the moment they started with Pope Frances as #1 I knew the list was clue free....

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
really interesting article on Geno as leader and Muffet as manager. I was inclined at first to think there was a gender bias (as often women are more practical and often don't have as many resources to delegate to, so are assumed to be more of manager than leader) but I thought the case here was well stated.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
The Yahoo / Coach K story is one of the dumbest pieces I've read in a long time. Guy has to be either a UNC or UK grad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom