Semi-OT: New Hope for ACL Tears | The Boneyard

Semi-OT: New Hope for ACL Tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some new research. Sounds hopeful, which is great news (especially for WBB). Those with more scientific and medical knowledge than I (which is all of you, and probably your dogs as well), may know more about the potential of this than I. I cannot quite tell if they mean to repair/restore more quickly or better-- or even if there'd be a way to protect against the injury.

Still, I like that it seems rather doable.

From The New York Times: LINK

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Some new research. Sounds hopeful, which is great news (especially for WBB). Those with more scientific and medical knowledge than I (which is all of you, and probably your dogs as well), may know more about the potential of this than I. I cannot quite tell if they mean to repair/restore more quickly or better-- or even if there'd be a way to protect against the injury.

Still, I like that it seems rather doable.

From The New York Times: LINK
Well it looks like the idea is to be able to restore "better". Maybe quicker too.

This part had me confused to start with:

So far, the procedure has been successful in animal studies with Yucatán miniature pigs.

I was like really? I didn't realize they played basketball. But then they added:

a group of these animals had their A.C.L.’s surgically cut

Ok, well that makes more sense now. :cool:

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Well it looks like the idea is to be able to restore "better". Maybe quicker too.

This part had me confused to start with:

So far, the procedure has been successful in animal studies with Yucatán miniature pigs.

I was like really? I didn't realize they played basketball. But then they added:

a group of these animals had their A.C.L.’s surgically cut

Ok, well that makes more sense now. :cool:
They lowered the basket a bit in the Yucatan Ballhogs league, so now some of them can dunk above the 3'6" rim. Most are also experts at the pork-and-roll play and shakin'-and-bacon moves.

But whichever thread you get this info on, it sounds like promising news for at least the less shredded ACL injuries sometime in the future.

13593832-illustration-of-pig-playing-basketball.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They lowered the basket a bit in the Yucatan Ballhogs league, so now some of them can dunk above the 3'6" rim. Most are also experts at the pork-and-roll play and shakin'-and-bacon moves.

But whichever thread you get this info on, it sounds like promising news for at least the less shredded ACL injuries sometime in the future.

13593832-illustration-of-pig-playing-basketball.jpg
Well crap, if they're dunking, most the people on this board won't watch them. :cool: Even if it involves bacon.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Well crap, if they're dunking, most the people on this board won't watch them. :cool: Even if it involves bacon.
Shame on you for doubting the power of bacon, which has been known to steal the heart of even wise and healthy people. As mentioned elsewhere, make them think the dunking has to do with doughnuts and waft in some lightly grilled bacon smell and even the most traditional ball movement loving BY fan will be buying up tickets to the Yucatan games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom