Semi-OT: Cuse Violations Hearing Coming Up | The Boneyard

Semi-OT: Cuse Violations Hearing Coming Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Article from 2012, that I believe pertains to this investigation:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basket...asketball_investigation_drug_violation_030512

Over the course of a three-month investigation, four sources with intimate knowledge of the Syracuse men’s basketball program told Yahoo! Sports at least 10 players since 2001 have tested positive for a banned recreational substance or substances. The sources said all 10 of those players were allowed to practice and play at times when they should have been suspended by the athletic department, including instances when some players may not have known of their own ineligibility. The four sources said Syracuse violated its drug policy in at least two areas: failing to properly count positive tests; and playing ineligible players after they should have been subject to suspension.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
talk about a program on the decline. They also have probably the least talented team they've had in a quite some time this year.

Reaction Score
Article from 2012, that I believe pertains to this investigation:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basket...asketball_investigation_drug_violation_030512

Over the course of a three-month investigation, four sources with intimate knowledge of the Syracuse men’s basketball program told Yahoo! Sports at least 10 players since 2001 have tested positive for a banned recreational substance or substances. The sources said all 10 of those players were allowed to practice and play at times when they should have been suspended by the athletic department, including instances when some players may not have known of their own ineligibility. The four sources said Syracuse violated its drug policy in at least two areas: failing to properly count positive tests; and playing ineligible players after they should have been subject to suspension.

I think it includes more than this. They mishandled some academic stuff, by playing players who weren't eligible.

Over at the Cuse board, they are slow on this, they'd rather go on about the Coaches Poll and how UConn doesn't deserve to be ranked.

caw

Reaction Score
talk about a program on the decline. They also have probably the least talented team they've had in a quite some time this year.

Their zone will win them a lot of games. Guard depth is an issue though.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
If this whole "throw a dart" thing turns out to be nothing more than marijuana violations or something it'd be a serious letdown.

Reaction Score
I bet a slap on the wrist is all they get… The NCAA clowns are running scared of the P5 conference members… They won't do anything to make them angry.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
You never know. We were left for dead and look at what happened.
Their zone will win them a lot of games. Guard depth is an issue though.
Stop trying to ruin my fun. I love going on their board now that we have the title, media attention and a talented roster and they have a bunch of question marks and a pending investigation. I enjoy their misery.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Let Boeheim play zone, it will never win him one of those things Carmelo got him that one time.

Reaction Score
I bet a slap on the wrist is all they get… The NCAA clowns are running scared of the P5 conference members… They won't do anything to make them angry.
Bingo. Barring the most obscene thing possible the NCAA works for the P5 and will treat them with kid gloves regarding any future punishments.

the G5, now that's a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69