Seeing ex-players at the game | The Boneyard

Seeing ex-players at the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saw Jimmy Bennett in the area of mid-field on the home side and talked to him for a couple minutes. A really nice guy, unfortunately he said his knees are physically keeping him from playing in the NFL. So I got my first picture w/an ex player - either he's really tall or I'm really short ... or both :)

Also, a family member of Nick Williams (I think it's his Mom) was in the stands during the fist half. I remember her the past two years, sitting just about 15 feet away from me, she could never watch Nick return kicks for fear of his head getting taken off lol. But boy did she love to cheer for him otherwise like on passing plays and such. She was the loudest fan in the section at times haha. Didn't expect to see her this year, so maybe I'm wrong on it being his Mom, but if it is, its cool she's still hanging around even with Nick getting his feet wet in the NFL.

Recognized some other ex-players in the stands but couldn't put names to them. Fun seeing them and having them come back and support the team.

So who'd you see!?!?

(okay that was my attempt at looking at a positive side of this past week's game)

Attachments

• WP_20140829_017.jpg
    WP_20140829_017.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 60
Reaction Score
Although Ruth Williams (Nick's Mom) wasn't at The Rent Friday night, you're right about remembering her being so vocal and supportive--- and hiding her eyes during kick returns---lol.

Reaction Score
Always great to see former players at the game. Hopefully it becomes more and more common as we build tradition.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
there is a guy I see often - saw him Friday.
Wears a suit with dreads - big like a lineman.
Anyone know if former player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul