Second Live Period Report | The Boneyard

Second Live Period Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just think a while ago, KO was only given a 6 mos temporary contract. How far have we gone since then. I am just incredulous at the ride and happy for KO and his family. But most of all I am happy for UConn and our fans. NC and the new BB Champions Center and all the new recruits, new era for UConn.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I love our coach. Everything about him. I know that it's hokey, but I wouldn't trade Ollie for any other basketball coach in the world right now.
He could eat crackers in my bed anytime.

:oops:

Reaction Score
Outside of my family and friends Ollie is my favorite person. It sounds hokey as hell considering I don't know him personally and he's the coach of my favorite team but I feel like I know him and I love who he is and what he stands for. The guy is incredibly inspirational and it's clear every player would run through a brick wall for him and I think most fans would as well, UConn is so incredibly fortunate to have this man guiding the ship.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Outside of my family and friends Ollie is my favorite person. It sounds hokey as hell considering I don't know him personally and he's the coach of my favorite team but I feel like I know him and I love who he is and what he stands for. The guy is incredibly inspirational and it's clear every player would run through a brick wall for him and I think most fans would as well, UConn is so incredibly fortunate to have this man guiding the ship.
Except prince Ali :rolleyes:

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Prince Ali is going to UCLA, where he will learn that he bailed on the next John Wooden.

Reaction Score
I hate to hammer on a kid especially not knowing the reasoning behind the decision to make the change. But UConn to UCLA? From champions to hardly PAC12 champions ever? Very strange………..UCLA hasn't been the same since JW left there minus the one year they ha Toby Bailey go crazy. Hope the kid does well but a very strange change of plans for the young man who seemed to have his head on his shoulders.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I hate to hammer on a kid especially not knowing the reasoning behind the decision to make the change. But UConn to UCLA? From champions to hardly PAC12 champions ever? Very strange………..UCLA hasn't been the same since JW left there minus the one year they ha Toby Bailey go crazy. Hope the kid does well but a very strange change of plans for the young man who seemed to have his head on his shoulders.
Three straight final fours a few years ago was pretty impressive.

Reaction Score
Three straight final fours a few years ago was pretty impressive.

Somehow the fact that is forgettable unless you live in CA is telling……..they weren't a threat and aren't a threat to programs like UK, KU, Duke, UNC and UConn quite honestly……..good in their own right but not of champions caliber anymore…….just one's view from New England though with little meaning or impact LOL

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Somehow the fact that is forgettable unless you live in CA is telling……..they weren't a threat and aren't a threat to programs like UK, KU, Duke, UNC and UConn quite honestly……..good in their own right but not of champions caliber anymore…….just one's view from New England though with little meaning or impact LOL
I don't live in California. I live further from Los Angeles than Richmond, Va is from Hartford. I would venture a guess that nearly every hoop fan remembers their 3 straight final fours. Believe me, I hate UCLA and the 52 straight wins they had over my home town CAL Bears when I was a kid but they have been better than decent recently. Surprisingly, they have more players in the NBA currently than UCONN. 15/14. I hate UCLA so this is my last post supporting them.

pj

Reaction Score

National perception of the west schools suffers from everyone east of the Rockies being asleep when they play their games; and travel time generally keeping them from playing a lot of intersectional games. That said, plenty of people have noticed when Arizona, UCLA, Stanford, and Washington have had Final Four caliber teams.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

They were pretty good under Harrick. Leaving aside the fact he was cheating his @ss off.

Also, I'll never fault someone for going to UCLA. Or Arizona. Or USC. Or ASU. etc. Chicks man. Chicks.

Reaction Score
National perception of the west schools suffers from everyone east of the Rockies being asleep when they play their games; and travel time generally keeping them from playing a lot of intersectional games. That said, plenty of people have noticed when Arizona, UCLA, Stanford, and Washington have had Final Four caliber teams.

Yeah I agree to a point. But while Arizona and UCLA have won a couple over the past 20 plus years they also aren't known to be there constantly. It would seem that Miller will keep UA there but I doubt Alford will do the same at UCLA . They will get very good talent but can they win the big one's? I have watched UCLA plenty of times, last years team was ultra talented but they were hardly a thought to win any championship despite that. Again it's east coast perception as you say but not inaccurate.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Prince Ali is going to UCLA, where he will learn that he bailed on the next John Wooden.

Where did you see this? I looked for it, but could find nothing. Then again, I know f-ckall about recruiting.

Reaction Score
Is this official regarding Ali to UCLA, or is this just a best guess? If true, he didn't wait too long after he claimed he committed too soon. And UCLA is a lot further from his parents in FLA. or friends in NYC than UConn is.
Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Reaction Score
Is this official regarding Ali to UCLA, or is this just a best guess? If true, he didn't wait too long after he claimed he committed too soon. And UCLA is a lot further from his parents in FLA. or friends in NYC than UConn is.
Doesn't make a lot of sense.
I'm guessing best guess- hasn't been any announcement yet.

Reaction Score

UCLA won the Pac12 tournament and just had 3 guys drafted in the 1st round. Who knows what the reason is for UConn and Ali parting ways, but I don't quite understand acting like UCLA is some downtrodden program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom