SEC now considers BYU & Army | The Boneyard

SEC now considers BYU & Army

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Huh? You realize that they have to schedule at least one OOC game against a P5 school and ND, BYU, and Army count for that according to the article. That leaves 2-3 other openings for teams like us to fill seeing how we're not P5.

Reaction Score
I see Army, Navy and Air Force being added to avoid Washington political involvement. We need all 3 in the AAC if that's they way the game is going to be played.

I have no knowledge or information, but I suspect this is in response to seveveral private phone calls.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Navy (once football begins again) and Airforce are members of conferences. Army's inclusion above may have some political implications (avoiding congressional involvement) but that is more due to their being the only one (of three) independents not included than anything else.

Reaction Score
I see Army, Navy and Air Force being added to avoid Washington political involvement. We need all 3 in the AAC if that's they way the game is going to be played.

I have no knowledge or information, but I suspect this is in response to seveveral private phone calls.
Very insightful thought. I think you're right on.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is there a single thread on the Boneyard that doesn't devolve into conspiracy theories?

Sure now someone can schedule Army to meet the conferences requirement.

Army doesn't want to play them and nobody who cares about SOS wants to play Army. Army quit CUSA.

Notre Dame is tied up for the next 20 years.

So pretty much they want to count BYU as a P5 game.

But the AAC should add Air Force from thousands of miles away - even though ironically the last thing on the planet they want to do is fly to Greenville, Philadelphia and Hartford for lesser games than their current schedule.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Army's 2015 football schedule is:
Fordham
UConn
Wake
Eastern Michigan
Penn State
Duke
Bucknell
Rice
Air Force
Tulane
Rutgers
Navy

Yeah if Auburn and Florida don't play them Congress is stepping in.

Maybe it's a gift to Vandy so they can schedule Army and try to sneak to 6 wins. I don't think a subcommittee in Congress is ordering hookers and blow over this one.

Reaction Score
Army's 2015 football schedule is:
Fordham
UConn
Wake
Eastern Michigan
Penn State
Duke
Bucknell
Rice
Air Force
Tulane
Rutgers
Navy

Yeah if Auburn and Florida don't play them Congress is stepping in.

Maybe it's a gift to Vandy so they can schedule Army and try to sneak to 6 wins. I don't think a subcommittee in Congress is ordering hookers and blow over this one.
That's 4 P5 teams. That isn't bad for a team on one wants to play. Especially when you consider Air Force and Navy then complete half their schedule. If you wanted to make an argument for UConn independence in FB, is hey if Army can put together a schedule, like why can't we. The knock of course is the two FCS schools but we've seen RU and Syracuse do that recently as well I believe.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That's 4 P5 teams. That isn't bad for a team on one wants to play. Especially when you consider Air Force and Navy then complete half their schedule. If you wanted to make an argument for UConn independence in FB, is hey if Army can put together a schedule, like why can't we. The knock of course is the two FCS schools but we've seen RU and Syracuse do that recently as well I believe.

I said no one who cares about their SOS. Rutgers, Wake and Duke makes you think Auburn, Florida or Arkansas makes sense?

So sure if you are willing to be so bad that it's a guaranteed win for garbage programs you can probably schedule some games.

Reaction Score
We're talking SEC here. Weekend warriors and sunshine Patriots. Army is a no brainer. You say we're not counting Army and you might as well say you're in favor of sharia law and vegitarianism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom