SEC Network | The Boneyard

SEC Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Have all their deals done now but DirecTV.

Getting $1.40 a month in footprint and .25 a month out.

Adds up to eleventy bajillion a year.

The SEC network alone for ESPN is going to generate more revenue that FS1.

Reaction Score
Imagine what acc network will do for ESPN. They have bigger feet.

pj

Reaction Score
Have all their deals done now but DirecTV.

Getting $1.40 a month in footprint and .25 a month out.

Adds up to eleventy bajillion a year.

The SEC network alone for ESPN is going to generate more revenue that FS1.

Adds up to about $330 mn in footprint, $240 mn out of footprint per year. If half goes to ESPN and the rest is split 14 ways, that's $20 mn per school.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Adds up to about $330 mn in footprint, $240 mn out of footprint per year. If half goes to ESPN and the rest is split 14 ways, that's $20 mn per school.

ESPN owns the network whole. I saw somewhere today all in they project $34-35 million a team all in.

I don't see anything that gets into the math of what the SEC directly gets from ESPN for the network.

Sports Business Journal estimates 30 million households in their footprint which is ~500 million in just those 11 states.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There is one point of contention here in the different message boards where they are trying to figure out if the rates quoted are what the SEC Network actually got or not. Its possible that the articles are going off the assumption that they got the rates that thwy demanded as is....which may or not be true.

Either way, a big win for the network.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There is one point of contention here in the different message boards where they are trying to figure out if the rates quoted are what the SEC Network actually got or not. Its possible that the articles are going off the assumption that they got the rates that thwy demanded as is....which may or not be true.

I can't find the source again but what I read this morning pointed to Comcast and Time Warner paying that 1.40/.25.

No matter what they get exactly it's an incredible amount.

Reaction Score
I would have to imagine the AAC would get at least that amount if they had their own network. Who would you rather see, Aub-Bama or Temple-Tulane. No brainer!!!

Reaction Score

Everything I've read has said that those were the target rates but, like the BTN with the adds in NJ/NY nothing has been officially released. As you said, whatever it is ESPN will make a boatload of cash.

The bigger question is, what is the arrangement with the SEC? The B1G gets 49% due to the ownership stake in the BTN. How much is ESPN paying the SEC?

Reaction Score
I can't find the source again but what I read this morning pointed to Comcast and Time Warner paying that 1.40/.25.

No matter what they get exactly it's an incredible amount.

If they got $1.40 through the entire state of Texas it may be that adding A&M was more valuable (from an added revenue to the conference perspective) than virtually all other realignment moves combined.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The SEC and ESPN will split the profits evenly.

It's more or less like every SEC team discovering oil under the gold mine they found under the student union last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom