Season Ticket Sales | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Season Ticket Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Oh God. Please be at least 20K. We will have a hard time recovering if true.
Not realistic at all until the team starts giving people reasons to want to go. There are 13000 willing to go on blind faith, so I guess there is that.

Reaction Score
If that's the number,why did I have a difficult time moving my seat down to the lower bowl ?:rolleyes:
You probably did the secret handshake wrong.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Just my opinion, and people are free to do as they please, but I've dropped the notion that we'll get a P5 invite anytime soon. It's not happening. May not ever happen. I hate to use definitive statements because who knows what the landscape will look like 10-20 years from now, but I'm just going to enjoy the games this year without worrying about attendance, TV ratings, exposure, and all of the other nonsense this year. Realignment has royally screwed us. My opinion only, but our fate has been sealed. Drink, eat, and watch a game with my kid. Embrace the apathy I guess.
Idk, appreciate your opinon, and you're right honestly (I mean not like there is anything us fans can do but show up, have fun, put butts in seats at The Rent, cheer loud, and support this program), but I refuse to believe that UConn will continue to play in this BS conference for another 5-10 years. Who knows... but the AAC is killing us.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I don't know if I can ever embrace the AAC. I'll never be as excited for a matchup with Houston or Tulsa the same way I was against Cuse, Pitt, WVU, Rutgers, etc. To say that the AAC hasn't sucked a lot of joy from following the program would be a huge lie.
Just watching these P5 conferences media days is pissing me off... lol. Knowing we could have been there.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I don't know if I can ever embrace the AAC. I'll never be as excited for a matchup with Houston or Tulsa the same way I was against Cuse, Pitt, WVU, Rutgers, etc. To say that the AAC hasn't sucked a lot of joy from following the program would be a huge lie.

I understand. It's more fun to play schools that your friends and relatives attended. Every UConn fan knows someone who went to Syracuse or Rutgers. Very few know someone who went to SMU or Houston.

On the bright side, the quality of football is not a big drop (if any) from the Big East. Houston, UCF, and Memphis are decent teams. In the last couple years, they've beaten BYU, Pitt, and Baylor in bowl games.

Bottom line: UConn fans want to say it sucks losing local rivals, they're 1,000% correct. But if they want to say these AAC schools are no different than the MAC or Sunbelt, they're delusional.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Just my opinion, and people are free to do as they please, but I've dropped the notion that we'll get a P5 invite anytime soon. It's not happening. May not ever happen. I hate to use definitive statements because who knows what the landscape will look like 10-20 years from now, but I'm just going to enjoy the games this year without worrying about attendance, TV ratings, exposure, and all of the other nonsense this year. Realignment has royally screwed us. My opinion only, but our fate has been sealed. Drink, eat, and watch a game with my kid. Embrace the apathy I guess.
Apathy is the death knell for UConn sports. But I don't blame you, it's a reflection of where we are at.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I know this won't accomplish anything, but part of me wishes that the student section and other fans would start chants shaming the AAC. This may be a terrible attitude to have, but maybe if we voice our displeasure loud enough we'll get our wish. At this point I'd rather be an independent.

Reaction Score
We need to rally behind all UConn sports (not just Basketball like a lot of so called UConn "fans") and let the chips fall where they may. We do that and I truly believe this is our future:

sbn_b1g.png

Reaction Score
On a related point:
If 13K is a reality, UConn should offer tix at a group rate to area high schools. The first couple of years at the RENT, I distinctly remember the Southington High football team, then coach Jude Kelly & his assistants occupying a few rows in Section 105 for a game. Husky Nan & CTO even remarked about them. Couldn't hurt with local recruiting.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
We need to rally behind all UConn sports (not just Basketball like a lot of so called UConn "fans") and let the chips fall where they may. We do that and I truly believe this is our future:

sbn_b1g.png
You think Missouri will leave the SEC?!?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
On a related point:
If 13K is a reality, UConn should offer tix at a group rate to area high schools. The first couple of years at the RENT, I distinctly remember the Southington High football team, then coach Jude Kelly & his assistants occupying a few rows in Section 105 for a game. Husky Nan & CTO even remarked about them. Couldn't hurt with local recruiting.
We would probably get investigated for an NCAA violation but I like where your head is at.

Reaction Score
I understand. It's more fun to play schools that your friends and relatives attended. Every UConn fan knows someone who went to Syracuse or Rutgers. Very few know someone who went to SMU or Houston.

On the bright side, the quality of football is not a big drop (if any) from the Big East. Houston, UCF, and Memphis are decent teams. In the last couple years, they've beaten BYU, Pitt, and Baylor in bowl games.

Bottom line: UConn fans want to say it sucks losing local rivals, they're 1,000% correct. But if they want to say these AAC schools are no different than the MAC or Sunbelt, they're delusional.
I think that we could live with a schedule against teams nobody cares about if we won games. We would even be ok losing in a league with teams everyone knows, the B10 or ACC in particular. It wouldn't be great but it would be tolerable. But right now we have the worst of both worlds. A league with Tulsa ( is that a real place) and Memphis (a school that makes Louisville look like Oxford) and a bad team. It is a ticket to disaster.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
On a related point:

Definitely a good idea. Why not offer student discounts for CCSU and Eastern students as well? Most of them are UConn fans and drunken college students know how to bring the noise

Reaction Score
We would probably get investigated for an NCAA violation but I like where your head is at.
I am not aware of group sales being an NCAA violation. I didn't suggest comp. tix which could be a violation.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I think that we could live with a schedule against teams nobody cares about if we won games. We would even be ok losing in a league with teams everyone knows, the B10 or ACC in particular. It wouldn't be great but it would be tolerable. But right now we have the worst of both worlds. A league with Tulsa ( is that a real place) and Memphis (a school that makes Louisville look like Oxford) and a bad team. It is a ticket to disaster.
Free... to your point however, we could also look at it as a plus. Almost become the "Bosie State of 2006-2013" of the East?

Reaction Score
the product is pure crap all around. fan loyalty is important but that team last year was completely unwatchable. at the level of watching paint dry.

if there's 18,000 season tickets sold by the first game i'll be surprised.

Reaction Score
The number I'm hearing from someone I trust is 13,000 so far. No word on if that includes students or not.

Also heard about 2,000 for hockey which is considered pretty good.

If it is not substantially higher than 13k it will be a long hard Fall season for me. One of my better friends here in Birmingham is a BC alum (northern transplants working in the same business) and if 18-200000 start showing up for games at the Rent I may have to kill him just to shut him up.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score

sbn_b1g.png

Luv the map.

I'll take Kansas instead of Missouri if necessary. With UConn & Kansas, Big 10 basketball would be almost as good as the Big East before realignment.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
On a related point:
It could back fire. Just sayin'

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If it is not substantially higher than 13k it will be a long hard Fall season for me. One of my better friends here in Birmingham is a BC alum (northern transplants working in the same business) and if 18-200000 start showing up for games at the Rent I may have to kill him just to shut him up.

Start? There was less than that a couple of times last year and even back to Towson they barely had more than that.

In the building for Villanova... 20k is probably a bit optimistic.

Reaction Score
Start? There was less than that a couple of times last year and even back to Towson they barely had more than that.

In the building for Villanova... 20k is probably a bit optimistic.

Last year I was able to fight him off somewhat by it being BD's first year and the fact that his team was only a year away from a terrible season. I'm afraid that will not work this season so violence may be the only option. On second thought maybe the best thing to do is put a contract out on Addazio and hope they hire Spaz again or even better, PP, just to keep the Italian connection.

C

Chief00

I really hope that all of us loyal season ticket holders are rewarded and grandfathered into our seat locations once we're invited to the B1G. :)

Quite frankly, that should be more of a consideration - give more points for season tickets . UConn needs to learn to incent loyal customers not fight them.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Last year I was able to fight him off somewhat by it being BD's first year and the fact that his team was only a year away from a terrible season. I'm afraid that will not work this season so violence may be the only option. On second thought maybe the best thing to do is put a contract out on Addazio and hope they hire Spaz again or even better, PP, just to keep the Italian connection.

I guess I'd just hammer on the angle that UConn is terrible and BC is still afraid of them.

Reaction Score
Attendance will still likely reach 20k+ for the opener IMO. I think most people just smartened up and know they can wait for Uconn to discount them or the lots where you can get a ticket for way below face. How the rest of the season goes depends on the product on the field. If we beat Nova handily I think we'd get 30k+ for Army.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom