Season Ticket Prices | The Boneyard

Season Ticket Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have to say, I am very disappointed to see that the season ticket prices are the same as last year.

Although I know I will be at every home game, and so far, at least 4 away games, I am not happy with the fact that I could be paying $30-$40 more per game then somebody who waits it out and buys one of the special packages they will have during the season.

I know I have a choice on what I want to do, but it still kind of pisses me off.

They are trying to help the season ticket holders with the bonus stuff they added.
What they really should have done was get rid of the required seat donation for 1 season to see if that would make any difference.

Ok, bit__ session over. Go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
There aren't any bad seats - just buy seats without the donation?

If they sold out all of the non-donation seats and the donation seats were sitting unsold, there would be pressure for them to drop the donations. You saw that when they tiered the chairbacks after some of them went unsold. But if they don't sell out the donation seats, and don't sell out the non-donation seats, everyone has a choice as to what they want to do. So there is no economic pressure to do anythign.

It wouldn't make sense to me to go from donation seats to not buying a ticket. It makes a lot of sense to just move over a section or two if you want to spend a lot less.

Reaction Score
There aren't any bad seats - just buy seats without the donation?

If they sold out all of the non-donation seats and the donation seats were sitting unsold, there would be pressure for them to drop the donations. You saw that when they tiered the chairbacks after some of them went unsold. But if they don't sell out the donation seats, and don't sell out the non-donation seats, everyone has a choice as to what they want to do. So there is no economic pressure to do anythign.

It wouldn't make sense to me to go from donation seats to not buying a ticket. It makes a lot of sense to just move over a section or two if you want to spend a lot less.

It's not that I want to spend less. I know that sounds funny.

I like my seats on the 50 yard line and am willing to pay for them, but what I don't like is when someone can come sit next to me that got the seats at a bargain price because not enough people payed the same high price as me.

I'm just thinking that if they made the prices more reasonable while we were in this crap conference, maybe they could sell more tickets.

Reaction Score
Most colleges charge a donation. They need to keep the programs funded. I get it.

I buy my season tickets and pay the donation because I can afford to. I know that is not everyone's situation. It doesn't bother me if someone gets a better deal. That's the way of the world. I don't think any two people on an airplane pay the same price. It's all about when you buy the tickets and where you sit. I would also love to see a fuller stadium. But that's all about wins. Win and the world will beat a path to the Rent.

Reaction Score
The prices are only part of the issue for me seeing as the games are very difficult to get to consistently with the kids sports schedules. I would like them to open up the books so to speak to make all empty seats available so you can select your seats. I know they have tried to do that in the past at spring games but they didn't list a fraction of what was actually available at the time. Giving the customer what they want can help justify the cost which is something Imstruggle with. I still have my 4 lower bowl tix and 2 blue lot passes sealed in envelopes on the visor of my car for the last two games because I couldn't go and could not GIVE them away. Kind of tough to keep throwing $$$ out the window like that.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
WE are going to fill the house with all these Preferred Walkons from CT - many had claimed that recruiting local kids is the way to fill the Rent...Those $1 tickets are a thing of the past now.

:D

Reaction Score
There's a tipping point for everybody. And the tipping point varies for everybody.

I won't be renewing, but price has very little to do with it. My reasons for not renewing, not that anyone cares, are as follows:

1. Going through something that is going to cost me a significant amount of money. If tickets were cheaper, I don't think that would put me over the edge where I'd say screw it and renew. Because there's more.

2. The product, let's face it, is in rough shape. As the season went on I had to try and hype myself up to get excited to go. It didn't always work (thank you Mother Nature). The trajectory of the program (and the entire athletic dept for that matter) is on a downward trend thanks to Conference Realignment. Which leads me to my last and maybe most important reason.

3. I'm having a hard time holding onto my love of college sports as a whole. I absolutely detest what the P5 schools have done to college athletics and I started asking myself why I'm donating my money to chase the P5 dream any more. Not only do I think it's not going to happen, I care less and less whether it does even happen.

So, a financial hardship where I'm forced to make tough economic decisions coupled with my overall disgust with what's transpiring in college football, and I'm just gonna go to the games but buy tix from someone in the lot or walk up to the window. My crew of 6 has vanished to me and my son. I'll still go to the games with him but it pains me when I think back to 10 years ago when we had a dreadful team and the place was still packed. That Thursday night game against Pitt in 2004 is still my favorite game as far as atmosphere and outcome is concerned. Not sure we'll ever get that back. I'm not spending my money chasing that dream any longer.

Reaction Score
It's not that I want to spend less. I know that sounds funny.

I like my seats on the 50 yard line and am willing to pay for them, but what I don't like is when someone can come sit next to me that got the seats at a bargain price because not enough people payed the same high price as me.

I'm just thinking that if they made the prices more reasonable while we were in this crap conference, maybe they could sell more tickets.

I've never seen the special in-season packages offer tickets at the 50 yard line. Are you sure those people didn't buy them from scalpers at bargain prices? Or simply buy seats in another section and then move?

Tickets are typically available outside for less than face value.

Reaction Score
anyone having luck calling to renew? I've been trying 877-288-2666 all day and its busy. I want to request another section with my existing seats as backup

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
anyone having luck calling to renew? I've been trying 877-288-2666 all day and its busy. I want to request another section with my existing seats as backup
Breaking News: Phones ringing non stop as UConn sells record number of season tickets.

Reaction Score
Just got thru. The lady said this is just a 1 year extension to last year, not a new 3 year plan. This has probably been mentioned and I missed it, but I was under the impression it was a new 3 year agreement. Oh well, I'll be back in section 117 again :)

Reaction Score
There's a tipping point for everybody. And the tipping point varies for everybody.

I won't be renewing, but price has very little to do with it. My reasons for not renewing, not that anyone cares, are as follows:

1. Going through something that is going to cost me a significant amount of money. If tickets were cheaper, I don't think that would put me over the edge where I'd say screw it and renew. Because there's more.

2. The product, let's face it, is in rough shape. As the season went on I had to try and hype myself up to get excited to go. It didn't always work (thank you Mother Nature). The trajectory of the program (and the entire athletic dept for that matter) is on a downward trend thanks to Conference Realignment. Which leads me to my last and maybe most important reason.

3. I'm having a hard time holding onto my love of college sports as a whole. I absolutely detest what the P5 schools have done to college athletics and I started asking myself why I'm donating my money to chase the P5 dream any more. Not only do I think it's not going to happen, I care less and less whether it does even happen.

So, a financial hardship where I'm forced to make tough economic decisions coupled with my overall disgust with what's transpiring in college football, and I'm just gonna go to the games but buy tix from someone in the lot or walk up to the window. My crew of 6 has vanished to me and my son. I'll still go to the games with him but it pains me when I think back to 10 years ago when we had a dreadful team and the place was still packed. That Thursday night game against Pitt in 2004 is still my favorite game as far as atmosphere and outcome is concerned. Not sure we'll ever get that back. I'm not spending my money chasing that dream any longer.

I am not renewing my 4 seats either. Between the last two seasons there were 5 or 6 games we didn't go to. It seemed there was something better to do than spend a few hours watching a sporting event where you knew pretty much what the outcome would be. When my wife and I did go, it was tough to find anybody to fill in the other two seats. We decided we will just pick a few games to go to and buy the individual tickets this year.

Reaction Score
Just got thru. The lady said this is just a 1 year extension to last year, not a new 3 year plan. This has probably been mentioned and I missed it, but I was under the impression it was a new 3 year agreement. Oh well, I'll be back in section 117 again :)

That's really smart. That way they do a new 3 year deal when we (hopefully) have some momentum.

Reaction Score
I'll be buying 2 young alumni and no parking pass this year. I bought the parking pass for the past 2 years, and it became just too expensive if you didn't make it to the game ($32 for the tickets and another $15 for parking down the drain). Good luck trying to find any takers if you can't make a game either.

Oh and young alumni don't get the same perks as the regular season ticket holders, which means no hat, no extended tailgating, no discount on concessions. It's BS if you ask me.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Most colleges charge a donation. They need to keep the programs funded. I get it.

I buy my season tickets and pay the donation because I can afford to. I know that is not everyone's situation. It doesn't bother me if someone gets a better deal. That's the way of the world. I don't think any two people on an airplane pay the same price. It's all about when you buy the tickets and where you sit. I would also love to see a fuller stadium. But that's all about wins. Win and the world will beat a path to the Rent.

I know I risk a Cesspool thread relegation, but it's so worth it. I can't let this go by the wayside...

I know how to turn Palatine into a bleeding heart liberal Democrat Obama supporter. Henceforth, just call taxes (of any kind) season ticket seat donation. After all, he pays the donation because he can afford it. What does the Athletic Department do with his $100? They burn it behind the field house for heat for all he knows, but he still blindly pays it.

;););););)

Reaction Score
Husky25 said:
I know I risk a Cesspool thread relegation, but it's so worth it. I can't let this go by the wayside... I know how to turn Palatine into a bleeding heart liberal Democrat Obama supporter. Henceforth, just call taxes (of any kind) season ticket seat donation. After all, he pays the donation because he can afford it. What does the Athletic Department do with his $100? They burn it behind the field house for heat for all he knows, but he still blindly pays it. ;););););)

There are lots of reasons to hassle Palantine.

This smacks of trying too hard. :)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
There are lots of reasons to hassle Palantine.

This smacks of trying too hard. :)
On the contrary. The fruit was hanging low, it was practically touching the ground.:cool:

Reaction Score

I hate to see anyone NOT renew, especially boneyarders who are the core of the fanbase. I won't begrudge anyone if they elect to spend 6 saturdays (or 4, and a thurs and a fri night) doing something else. I do have 1 question for those sharing your sentiments - If we get invited to a p5 conference do you return? In other words, do you detest P5 or do you detest them for conspiring to leave us out? Just curious. Here's to hoping we see the pendulum start swinging back in 15

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I hate to see anyone NOT renew, especially boneyarders who are the core of the fanbase. I won't begrudge anyone if they elect to spend 6 saturdays (or 4, and a thurs and a fri night) doing something else. I do have 1 question for those sharing your sentiments - If we get invited to a p5 conference do you return? In other words, do you detest P5 or do you detest them for conspiring to leave us out? Just curious. Here's to hoping we see the pendulum start swinging back in 15

Speaking for myself, I'd be beyond pumped up to get into a P5 league and wouldn't question getting tickets again.

That being said, it will never be the same or as enjoyable as the Big East - even the league sans Miami, VT, and BC which is basically all we knew for football anyways.

There's just certain things that mean something and The Big East was that for me. Sure the B1G would be fantastic, but I'd rather play Cuse, Pitt or West Virginia.

So, this upcoming season I'm probably out mainly due to being out of state, but the league, schedule and state of the program doesn't help either.

Give me the 16 team Big East, hell even take away the BCS bid, I don't care.

Competing with local rivals on the football field and basketball court, culminating at MSG was it for me.

B1G, ACC, whatever. It ain't the Big East and never will be.

Reaction Score
Speaking for myself, I'd be beyond pumped up to get into a P5 league and wouldn't question getting tickets again.

That being said, it will never be the same or as enjoyable as the Big East - even the league sans Miami, VT, and BC which is basically all we knew for football anyways.

There's just certain things that mean something and The Big East was that for me. Sure the B1G would be fantastic, but I'd rather play Cuse, Pitt or West Virginia.

So, this upcoming season I'm probably out mainly due to being out of state, but the league, schedule and state of the program doesn't help either.

Give me the 16 team Big East, hell even take away the BCS bid, I don't care.

Competing with local rivals on the football field and basketball court, culminating at MSG was it for me.

B1G, ACC, whatever. It ain't the Big East and never will be.

gotta agree with you across the board on this one. I know as a fan I should be jacked to see my school play anyone, but this conference leaves me cold. I'm now in year 3 of trying to talk myself into how good the conference is/can be (in football and bball), and I feel like I'm bullsh yting myself. I could care less about any of these other schools or this conference.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score

Well said

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hopefully people renew when the time comes. Just more obstacles to overcome with less revenue and empty stands.

I respect anyone's choice but if you care about the program they need you more than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom