Sean McQuillan has transformed into a leader for UConn football team (Fuller) | The Boneyard

Sean McQuillan has transformed into a leader for UConn football team (Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fuller on a roll...

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20...ll-team?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

>>McQuillan, who has caught 41 passes over the last two seasons, comes into his final season feeling like he is much more prepared to make an impact as a blocker than at any other time in his collegiate career.

“The big goal for our team is (getting) bigger, faster, stronger,” McQuillan said. “For me in particular, I just want to become the most versatile player I can. I want to be just as effective in the run game as I am in the pass game and just as effective in the pass game as I am in the run game. I don’t want to be one of those guys who goes out and it is like ‘oh, it’s a pass play.’ That was a big focus for me, the blocking physicality, establishing a point of attack and being able to run the ball.

“We want to be balanced. We want to be able to catch teams off guard and have them thinking what are we going to do here, what are we going to do there so blocking is a big part of our game. You can’t play if you can’t block and that was made clear so I want to be able to do everything. I want to be able to go out and make sure everything they ask me to do I can do.”<<

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
If McQuillan can become a solid blocking TE, our offense will really get a boost. We could really use the extra body on the OLine to help with blocking. Hope the kid comes through and develops into a strong blocking TE. Would love to see him become a pass catching TE as well but I'll be happy if the kid can be a solid blocking TE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom