Scott Rueck on UConn's dominance | The Boneyard

Scott Rueck on UConn's dominance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
http://www.gazettetimes.com/sports/...cle_59f86e4f-8345-5878-9bae-b7954ec267a3.html

There was a lot of debate during the Sweet 16 about whether UConn’s dominance is bad for women’s college basketball.

Rueck doesn’t believe that is the case.

“I think excellence is inspiring,” he said. “I got to coach Breanna Stewart and Moriah Jefferson this summer as an assistant on the Pan-Am team, and I got to be around them for three weeks and watch them work, and the way they carried themselves, the way they were teammates, the way they were coachable and what they brought to each game and each practice and the standards by which they do it.

“It’s elite. It’s elite. The standard is elite. For that, I don’t know how that could be bad. I think the bar is just really high.”

In fact, what the Huskies are doing should “inspire” other coaches to emulate what coach Geno Auriemma has accomplished and built.

“Do we want them to drop down and not be as good so others can have a better chance?” Rueck said. “I think we’re thinking incorrectly there. I think we all need to raise our level, continue to anyway. I think that’s the challenge to basketball across the country, the AAU level, the high school level to continue to turn out more and more Breanna Stewarts. That’s what we need. We need more and more.

“So I don’t think you can argue with anything they’re doing certainly, and I love to be inspired, personally.”​

Reaction Score
I think that should UConn look outside the family for the eventual Geno replacement (so difficult to even type the mere thought) then Coach Rueck's name should be on the very short list of candidates.....he simply gets the "It" that is UConn............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom