Scott Gray Says... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Scott Gray Says...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Scott Gray’s commentaries are eerily similar to Les Nessman’s in terms of being rooted in any rational thought.

Give Les a break, most of the time he had two giant orbs in his line of sight. Rational thought looking at those orbs is impossible.

Reaction Score
We need Dr. Emmett Lathrop Brown and his DeLorean to go back and resolve the Hathaway situation. Less innocents get hurt that way.

th
And then take a trip back even further to get us on the big boy football train earlier...and get some $$ flowing into the endowment fund.

Reaction Score
We need Dr. Emmett Lathrop Brown and his DeLorean to go back and resolve the Hathaway situation. Less innocents get hurt that way.

th

Much like Back to the Future, we need to fix the situation all the way back in 1955.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
The sad thing is that back in the 90s I liked Scott Grey's commentaries. I thought he was insightful and spoke at a higher level than a lot of sports commentators.

Reaction Score
Send me back to the 50's
I already know my way around.
If it's 52 ,I want a 1950 Merc like James Dean in Rebel without a cause.
After 1955 I want my old Chevy
I would be self-sustaining betting on sports events I already know the result.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
BlueWhiteOrange said:
Scott Gray on the Stan Simpson show on FOX on may 24th talking about his UCONN /Big 10 comment. No inside info to back up his claim but he sounds pretty adamant about it. May 24: UConn To The Big 10? | WTIC FOX CT
Scott Gray may not have all his facts correct or have any insider info, but I'll take anybody talking a positive spin about UConn to the B1G over all the media folks elsewhere spinning the opposite.

More Scott Gray please.

Reaction Score
Between the old man's "6 week" prediction and using the Big Ten logo from 2010...boy I dunno.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Scott Gray on the Stan Simpson show on FOX on may 24th talking about his UCONN /Big 10 comment. No inside info to back up his claim but he sounds pretty adamant about it.

May 24: UConn To The Big 10? | WTIC FOX CT

Well, I'll give him this: he's not backing down from what he said on the radio a few days ago. His arguments for UCONN to the B1G seem to follow what we have all been preaching over the last few years: Rutgers is an eternal PR mess, UCONN has a nice SNY TV deal, UCONN is the king of basketball, Diaco is the man, UCONN adds another eastern presence after the B1G conference opened an office in NYC and moved its basketball tournament to Washington, Herbst is positioning the school for AAU, and our coaches could have possibly written in a P5 conference clause to their deals (highly speculative, although there is such writing in Ollie's new deal). I think it's dangerous to start putting timeframes on things like this (ex - "I wouldn't be surprised if this happens in as early as the next 6 weeks") with our fragile fanbase from being kicked in the sack time after time after time again. But I commend him on his courage for taking the lead on this campaign and not backing down from his opinion. I hope that he is right.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Gray has figured out that if some idiots living in their parents' basements in West Virginia can become Internet stars by making up stuff on Conference Realignment, imagine what he could do?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Ldandy said:
I'm not from CT, so I don't know Scott Gray from Adam, but I imagine he is simply throwing a theory out there assembled from sites like this one and others like it. That said, I believe there are many reasons to be hopeful if you are a UCONN Fan.

14 is a terrible # for scheduling purposes. It might not be tomorrow, but at some point both The B1G and SEC will go to 16 each. This entire P5 Movement might be the impetus to get it done sooner than later.

Personally I found it interesting how several media outlets deep in B1G Country ran Pro UCONN articles after your two national titles. Some going as far as questioning membership for the Huskies. A trial balloon perhaps?

If Delany is serious about capturing NYC, he will need more help. The UCONN Brand carries a lot of weight in the city, and is seemingly sitting on a tee. With The B1g set to negotiate its upcoming contracts, having a greater presence in both NYC, and in a wealthy state like CT could be very attractive to potential TV partners. The fact that the new deal would coincide almost perfectly with UCONN's needed timeframe to leave The AAC is a happy coincidence.

JMO but I believe the drive towards P5 will get The CR wheel spinning relatively soon. The issues facing The B1G are The UMD Lawsuit, and the question of a viable # 16. I'd be perfectly fine with one of the two VA Schools as # 16, but with the GOR in place I'm not sure how it would happen.

He is the sports equivalent of the morning traffic reporter sans helicopter. Something to fill 3 minutes per hour on morning drive radio. He knows less than nothing.

Reaction Score
I listened to Gray's comments to Stan Simpson and his comments about his NCAA contacts were more along the lines of "what do you think the Big Ten thinks of Rutgers now". It seems to me that he is trying to speculate that with UCONN's SNY contract that they are a good catch for the B1G..and at the end Stan asks him and he emphatically answers the question this way "Simpson: This is you speculating UCONN to the Big ten...Gray: Yes this is ME speculating UCONN to the Big ten". I will be SHOCKED if this happens...I hope like hell it will...BUT after being duckked over so many times in CR I'm waiting for the next shoe to fall!

Reaction Score
You used to pimp those WV guys.
Hey we ALL were duped at one time. Now i still read/follow them on twitter, but its so obvious they're both full of it, makes you wonder how you ever believed in tbe first place.

Reaction Score
Hey we ALL were duped at one time. Now i still read/follow them on twitter, but its so obvious they're both full of it, makes you wonder how you ever believed in tbe first place.
It's because you wanted to believe.

People can believe in a lot of stupid things when they absolutely want it to be true. (this could go in a lot of cesspool directions but I'll leave it at that.)

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
It's because you wanted to believe.

People can believe in a lot of stupid things when they absolutely want it to be true. (this could go in a lot of cesspool directions but I'll leave it at that.)

That's not true. I'm sitting here at Starbucks and I just know this gorgeous twenty something goddess is really into fat, balding, ex college football lineman on the cusp of turning forty. In fact, she's so into me that every time she looks my way, she has to turn her head. She so wants me.

Reaction Score
That's not true. I'm sitting here at Starbucks and I just know this gorgeous twenty something goddess is really into fat, balding, ex college football lineman on the cusp of turning forty. In fact, she's so into me that every time she looks my way, she has to turn her head. She so wants me.

"Well she's a guy, so..."

but seriously folks...

I think @dayooper is Warde Manuel.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Holy laughter. Thanks dayooper, really. I needed this moment, I was about to Youtube "Big Lebowski" clips until I saw read this script worthy piece.

Reaction Score
He is the sports equivalent of the morning traffic reporter sans helicopter. Something to fill 3 minutes per hour on morning drive radio. He knows less than nothing.
That's just it. We all know nothing. Anyone with knowledge isn't speaking. Most importantly, the quietest of the whole lot is in fact UConn. hmmmm. Hard to believe that Gray knows much of anything, but at least his reasons are coherent and logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom