Scott Gray Says... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Scott Gray Says...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
It would be irresponsible to float this out on radio without a source. Does he have twitter or email, as I can't find it.

Completely agree. It's especially irresponsible since I'm going to wager that a few UCONN fans (who don't follow CR on a day to day basis like we do here) heard that and are now expecting an invite by June. When that doesn't happen, those fans are going to get upset (again).

That said, I think he was just stating his opinion. I don't know for sure because I wasn't the one who said it, I have no idea what he is thinking, and I didn't hear him say it so I don't know the context. But even so, throw-away lines like that that cite specific conferences and timeframes are dangerous for our fanbase. We are already frustrated enough. If we start hearing invite dates to specific conferences and those dates come and go without an invite, it will be like kicking in the nutz all over again, every few months or so.

And I can't find a Twitter or email either. Just a generic "Contact Us" link on the WTIC 1080 page (or like them on Facebook).

Reaction Score
Now the key thing to watch for is what Delany says, or does not say.

Although this might not rise to the level of getting Delany's attention (yet).

Hopefully someone in the press will be able to ask a fairly direct question sometime soon.

Reaction Score
He keeps saying that the Power 5 conferences are going to 16 teams.

Here is an older commentary from him:

" It’s possible, but I’m not sure even the SEC would want to pass now, now that the clock is ticking on filling the new “Power 5″, 16 team, two division format in advance of the new football playoff system."

http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2014/04/07/sports-commentary-4714-basketball-the-wind-beneath/

He doesn't say how they are going to get around GOR.

Reaction Score
I guess what this really means is that our PAC12 (or whatever the heck number they are) invitation is in the mail.

Reaction Score
Are you thinking SC Husky might not been awake yet?

Yes, exactly....! Either that or he thinks I'm lying. But I was up - maybe not fully awake until I heard him say that, but I was up.

Reaction Score
He said it - I'm not buying it but he did say it.
I heard him say it. He was actually quite insistent. He said something like the P5 had to complete their footprint for national playoff television , etc., coming up in another year or so. This was also his own opinion and not from anything specific that he had heard from any sources.

Reaction Score
Man.......I was HOPIN, Hopin' hopin' this proclamtion might have legs........coming from a sports guru.

But my HOPIN' quickly regressed into hopin' after Lethalinjection suggested Scott Gray's comments were His (scott's) own opinion........no "inside info" involved......nothing he heard from specic sources.

Now that my hopes have been completely deflated, I'll make a proclamation as a non informed UConn sports fan........UConn to the PAC 12 by the end of June........for the same reasons. I don't have any special information either!

Now I'm going home to cry.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If he proposes that this must happen by the end of June, then did he speculate on the identity of the 16th university that will need to join UConn as the 15th?

Trust me.

If Scott Gray told you that the sun was going to come up tomorrow, expect it to burn out over night.

There's no chance here.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I know we've heard him say it before but here's the latest: This morning after his 5:45am segment he told Ray Dunaway that he thinks UCONN will have a BIG invite by the end of June. He says this has to happen by the end of June in order for everything to be in place when the BIG transitions to the new college football play-off system.
I think he read Conspiracy Kitty's post on the subject.

Never underestimate the power of the Boneyard to generate rumors which then turn up on the Boneyard and are used as support for the original premise.

Reaction Score

Never underestimate the power of the Boneyard to generate rumors which then turn up on the Boneyard and are used as support for the original premise.

Hold on... It seems that a little research into this CR subject has turned up some revealing information.

First, this is obviously a pic of Jim Delany and Scott Gray having dinner together while discussing which bits of information Scott is allowed to reveal to his listening audience and which he cannot.

Oh, and what's under that? Could that be Jim Delany on campus (with a mountain lion)? Seems like something is brewing for sure.

Delany.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm not from CT, so I don't know Scott Gray from Adam, but I imagine he is simply throwing a theory out there assembled from sites like this one and others like it. That said, I believe there are many reasons to be hopeful if you are a UCONN Fan.

14 is a terrible # for scheduling purposes. It might not be tomorrow, but at some point both The B1G and SEC will go to 16 each. This entire P5 Movement might be the impetus to get it done sooner than later.

Personally I found it interesting how several media outlets deep in B1G Country ran Pro UCONN articles after your two national titles. Some going as far as questioning membership for the Huskies. A trial balloon perhaps?

If Delany is serious about capturing NYC, he will need more help. The UCONN Brand carries a lot of weight in the city, and is seemingly sitting on a tee. With The B1g set to negotiate its upcoming contracts, having a greater presence in both NYC, and in a wealthy state like CT could be very attractive to potential TV partners. The fact that the new deal would coincide almost perfectly with UCONN's needed timeframe to leave The AAC is a happy coincidence.

JMO but I believe the drive towards P5 will get The CR wheel spinning relatively soon. The issues facing The B1G are The UMD Lawsuit, and the question of a viable # 16. I'd be perfectly fine with one of the two VA Schools as # 16, but with the GOR in place I'm not sure how it would happen.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score

So if I extrapolate a little from this only 2 conclusions are possible:

-The Boneyard has become a self-aware, self-generating digital entity like Skynet, and soon nelsonmuntz/terminator units will start materializing in 1952 to hunt down Jeff hathaway´s parents

or
-The Boneyard is the Matrix, I actually reside in in giant bowl of life-sustaining soup and HFD is Morpheus trying to lead us all into the light of reality.

Reaction Score
So if I extrapolate a little from this only 2 conclusions are possible:

-The Boneyard has become a self-aware, self-generating digital entity like Skynet, and soon nelsonmuntz/terminator units will start materializing in 1952 to hunt down Jeff hathaway´s parents

or
-The Boneyard is the Matrix, I actually reside in in giant bowl of life-sustaining soup and HFD is Morpheus trying to lead us all into the light of reality.

We need Dr. Emmett Lathrop Brown and his DeLorean to go back and resolve the Hathaway situation. Less innocents get hurt that way.

th

Reaction Score
Scott Gray’s commentaries are eerily similar to Les Nessman’s in terms of being rooted in any rational thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom