Scott Gray Says... | The Boneyard

Scott Gray Says...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know we've heard him say it before but here's the latest: This morning after his 5:45am segment he told Ray Dunaway that he thinks UCONN will have a BIG invite by the end of June. He says this has to happen by the end of June in order for everything to be in place when the BIG transitions to the new college football play-off system.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I sure hope he is right and he has some sort of information that we don't. But I don't think anything happens until the conference deregulation ruling is out in August and conferences can decide on what type of scheduling philosophies they are going to take. I'm strapped in for a 3-5 Year Plan that we are kicking off Year 2 in. But I definitely hope the invite comes sooner than later to start the transfer process earlier. A B1G announcement would surely cause a significant rise in football season tickets since fans will want to grandfather themselves in the stadium for when B1G teams come to town.

Reaction Score
I became wide awake when I heard him say that this morning. I've braced myself for the long-haul too. But I figured the replies to this post would provide alot of entertainment & get me through the work-day!

Reaction Score
And that Howard Baldwin had an NHL team ready to come to Hartford.

How old is Scott Gray now? He has been on the air since I had hair and that was over 30 years ago. Sometimes he is like my 90+ year old mother. Likes to talk and has a strong opinion on nothing more than a dream she had three nights earlier.

Reaction Score
I told myself after reading the thread title not to believe what was in the post. Glad I did. How is this guy still on the radio? Has he ever been right about anything involving Uconn sports?

Reaction Score
On the other hand, he's not standing on a street corner with a sandwich board (the reverse side of which reads "Repent now, the world is ending...")
Someone actually provides him with a studio, a powerful radio station and pays him well. So someone thinks he knows something. That's it - that's all I got.

Reaction Score
City Steam it is! I'll buy the first round of Rolling Rocks. I'll drop off a cake at the rest home for Scott on my way in.

Last edited:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I can't think of any reason why he would have any inside info on the situation. I think he is making an educated guess mixed with hopes and dreams.

BTW, the day we get out of purgatory, a celebratory Boneyard BBQ is an absolute must.

Reaction Score
A lot of people think we should be in the B1G. Even parents of MAAC baseball players. People tied in with ECAC hockey, too.

Dooley, we're in the propaganda phase.

Reaction Score
I know we've heard him say it before but here's the latest: This morning after his 5:45am segment he told Ray Dunaway that he thinks UCONN will have a BIG invite by the end of June. He says this has to happen by the end of June in order for everything to be in place when the BIG transitions to the new college football play-off system.

If he proposes that this must happen by the end of June, then did he speculate on the identity of the 16th university that will need to join UConn as the 15th?

Dooley

Reaction Score
I hate to poopoo on this parade but....city steam does not sell rolling rocks.

That is quite the poopoo. Can we BYORR? We will need to plan on a venue with a well stocked RR inventory and decent wings.

Dooley

Reaction Score
If he proposes that this must happen by the end of June, then did he speculate on the identity of the 16th university that will need to join UConn as the 15th?

A little background on Scott Gray: he's a morning radio sports editor on a local radio station in Connecticut (Hartford) that is a bit old and a bit out of touch. I think UCONN fans would be more excited based on the random rumblings of some Twitter dude in West Virginia before Scott Gray.

Reaction Score
A little background on Scott Gray: he's a morning radio sports editor on a local radio station in Connecticut (Hartford) that is a bit old and a bit out of touch. I think UCONN fans would be more excited based on the random rumblings of some Twitter dude in West Virginia before Scott Gray.

It would be irresponsible to float this out on radio without a source. Does he have twitter or email, as I can't find it.

Reaction Score

He did not.

Reaction Score
The difference between the Twitter freaks and Scott Gray is the Twitter freaks are not paid. Scott Gray is paid to say whatever he says. Even if's it's nonsense. His timing here may be nonsense but the dream is not.

Reaction Score
........ He says this has to happen by the end of June in order for everything to be in place when the BIG transitions to the new college football play-off system.

What would being in place by June have to do with the new playoff system? That just doesn't sound right at all. Although June does work fine for my schedule.

Reaction Score
Joe D would know. And what are recruits being told. I remember laughing at the Rutgers rumors until reports started surfacing about football recruits being told they were going Big.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger