Scott Burell rumored to be the next head coach at Southern | The Boneyard

Scott Burell rumored to be the next head coach at Southern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Very cool. What a great opportunity for him. The program is up and coming...

"Hamden’s Scott Burrell, the former UConn standout and NBA champion, is considered the leading candidate to be named men’s basketball coach at Southern Connecticut State..."

Reaction Score
I hope he gets the job. He's a good guy, and arguably the best all-around athlete we've ever had at UConn. This would be a nice opportunity for him.

Reaction Score
Jeff Ruland too huh? Wow decent choices for SCSU
Good luck to Scotty

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let's not get into this again.
Oh now you are just begging for a discussion of the best athlete at UConn.

Reaction Score
Burrell was an amazing athlete and is a great guy, the historic play always should have been called the pass instead of the shot. Tate hit a clutch shot but the pass by Burrell was a pass only a 95mph pitcher could make.

Reaction Score
Great for Scott and Southern.

I always wished that when Burrell was gone from the NBA, rather than playing in the CBA, D-League and the Far East, that he had tried to get back into baseball.

There is no way a hitter could get back into the game at 30 after being out for a decade, but as a pitcher, Burrell would have had a VERY SLIM chance to make it as a reliever somewhere.

Reaction Score
Great for Scott and Southern.

I always wished that when Burrell was gone from the NBA, rather than playing in the CBA, D-League and the Far East, that he had tried to get back into baseball.

There is no way a hitter could get back into the game at 30 after being out for a decade, but as a pitcher, Burrell would have had a VERY SLIM chance to make it as a reliever somewhere.

He pretty good football player, too, as I quite clearly remember him torching my school when I was in 8th or 9th grade.

Reaction Score
Maybe we can get the Owls on to help improve our OOC now.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Link through to Calhouns comments is good too:

http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2015/07/jim-calhoun-scott-burrell-is-ready-for.html?m=1

JC also mentioned taliek in there:

Taliek Brown is the next guy I'd love to see get into college coaching, because he's done a good job in high school ... He's trying to. We've talked a lot. He's been up to camp working. He's a great teacher. I always say the best (leaders) I ever had were 1. Kemba Walker and maybe 1a. or 2., would have to be Taliek. They played with great joy."

Reaction Score
Love what Tom Moore said about the interview:

“These opportunities don’t grow on trees,” Moore said. “I told our team this is not because Southern decided to call him and he nailed a one-hour interview; this was a lifetime interview. It’s how he’s carried himself on and off the court over his whole lifetime. That’s what got him this job. It was a 25-year interview. And anyone who knows Scott as an athlete, a coach or as a person in this area understands what I mean. Good things happen to good people, and this is a great example of that.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom