Score Predictions WNBA All Star Game East vs West | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Score Predictions WNBA All Star Game East vs West

Status
Not open for further replies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Is it wrong that I wanted the EAST to win only because if they won then Shoni was going to be MVP instead of Skylar. I do not know why but I would like to see her win the least amount possible. No NCAA titles.. hopefully no WNBA titles... etc.
Good luck with that.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Diggins should have shot more and she would have been the MVP. She "only" took 18 shots to Shoni's 24. Did Shoni set the record for most shots taken in a WNBA All-star game?
And some of those shots were well….. I guess it was an all star game but….

Reaction Score
Very entertaining game and great atmosphere! The WNBA and Phoenix did a tremendous job with this game.

Shoni was definitely the star of the game. What an exciting player to watch in a game like this. Now it will be interesting to see if she can harness that energy and become an integral part of the Atlanta game plan. I suspect that the fans are going to clamour for her to get more playing time. I liked seeing her an BG having fun with each other and BG taking a picture with Shoni's mom. That was a fun moment.

Skylar is the PG of the future for the USA. She is definitely outplaying the veterans at this point and is only going to get better. Love or hate her, she has taken her game to a new level.

Was interesting to see the volume of shots that some of the players took; Shoni with 24 (16 three pointers) and Maya with 22 (10 three pointers). Diggins 18 (7 three pointers), Charles 17 and Catchings 17. Maya and Shoni also were focused on passing with 8 assists each. DT seemed to be there to have fun but not to exert too much energy.

Shoni's doing fine with the minutes she gets. She should be behind Thomas, Hayes and Dumerc. They're the season veterans and it's only right that they start/get more playing time. Shoni should learn as much as she can from them.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Shoni's doing fine with the minutes she gets. She should be behind Thomas, Hayes and Dumerc. They're the season veterans and it's only right that they start/get more playing time. Shoni should learn as much as she can from them.

I don't buy the "wait your turn" philosophy. If you are better then you should play.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
At this point...she's not.

Maybe she is not being given the opportunity; she was certainly one of the best players on the all-star team. Maybe with Cooper out a couple of weeks she will get more of an opportunity to show her skills on the court. After that performance it will be hard to keep her off the court without facing criticism.

Reaction Score
The West wasn't really playing hard defense. Look at Taurasi's interview at halftime.

I'm probably Shoni's biggest booster here without a doubt but she has a ways to go. She's in a good position to bide her time.

I'm concerned about her Twitter posting yesterday. Something seems to be bothering her.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The West wasn't really playing hard defense. Look at Taurasi's interview at halftime.

I'm probably Shoni's biggest booster here without a doubt but she has a ways to go. She's in a good position to bide her time.

I'm concerned about her Twitter posting yesterday. Something seems to be bothering her.

I didn't see her postings on Twitter. What did she say?

Reaction Score
Maybe she is not being given the opportunity; she was certainly one of the best players on the all-star team. Maybe with Cooper out a couple of weeks she will get more of an opportunity to show her skills on the court. After that performance it will be hard to keep her off the court without facing criticism.

No, no it won't. She's not ready, period, to lead a championship caliber team. Did you see the East suddenly stall during the West run to force overtime? Who was the point guard for the East that turned it over?

In fact, I'd say Karleen Thompson would really irritate Cooper if she did. Cooper point blank said on the Dishin & Swishin he did with me that he fully expects Dumerc to be his point guard, and that Dumerc needs to be for them to win.

Look, I get the Shoni love, and having interviewed her on several occasions I can tell you she is a great kid.

There is a reason Dumerc is one of the top point guards in the world; she gets the ball to people in the right places regularly and consistently.

There is a reason Thomas played more than Shoni, and that is defense; Thomas does it well.

Let Shoni be Shoni, come off the bench as instant offense. In some games she'll play 20, in some games she'll play 10. As Striper69 said, let her learn.

The 2014 Atlanta Dream belongs to Angel, Erika, and Sancho...not Shoni. Her team may come, but if they want to win now, keep the ball in the hands of the veterans.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Tallyho… Sorry watched the Great Escape again. Well said.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
No, no it won't. She's not ready, period, to lead a championship caliber team. Did you see the East suddenly stall during the West run to force overtime? Who was the point guard for the East that turned it over?

In fact, I'd say Karleen Thompson would really irritate Cooper if she did. Cooper point blank said on the Dishin & Swishin he did with me that he fully expects Dumerc to be his point guard, and that Dumerc needs to be for them to win.

Look, I get the Shoni love, and having interviewed her on several occasions I can tell you she is a great kid.

There is a reason Dumerc is one of the top point guards in the world; she gets the ball to people in the right places regularly and consistently.

There is a reason Thomas played more than Shoni, and that is defense; Thomas does it well.

Let Shoni be Shoni, come off the bench as instant offense. In some games she'll play 20, in some games she'll play 10. As Striper69 said, let her learn.

The 2014 Atlanta Dream belongs to Angel, Erika, and Sancho...not Shoni. Her team may come, but if they want to win now, keep the ball in the hands of the veterans.

I don't think I said she should start, but she should certainly get a lot more minutes as she has a lot of offer offensively. I do not expect her to "own" the team, but also not be so limited in her opportunities to help the team win. She has offensive skills that other players will never have.

And for the record, as a Baylor fan, I have NO Shoni love. So this is coming from someone who is not in the "Showtime Shoni" fan club.

Dumerc has started one game and is averaging 16 minutes a game. If Cooper thinks that Dumerc is the key to winning he may want to play her more than he currently is, because the numbers contradict his statement.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Watching Dumerc against Minny. If she is the PG of the future for Atlanta, Atlanta is in trouble.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Shoni is continuing her solid play and has been a big factor in this game. And a ton of minutes

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Shoni is continuing her solid play and has been a big factor in this game. And a ton of minutes
the Dream lost... and Shoni's numbers weren't great (except assist,8).

she's a great dazzler but I dont think any UConn fan would like her numbers playing for Geno

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She was certainly more productive than Thomas and Dumerc. She went 6-16 but 5 three pointers would put her at an effective percentage of 46.5 if all her points were scored on two pointers. There were some quick trigger shots, but that's part of what you get. Not Maya, but who is.

However, it was good to see her get more minutes. I am becoming a fan and I surprisingly find her very endearing. And the pride she is bringing to the Native Americans is heartwarming.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
the Dream lost... and Shoni's numbers weren't great (except assist,8).

she's a great dazzler but I dont think any UConn fan would like her numbers playing for Geno

Luckily it's the WNBA and not UCONN.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
DaddyChoc said:
she tried that crap at Louisville against UConn but it didnt work... Baylor didnt fair so well

I'm not one who always beats the drum for Shoni around here, but did you watch the game? Yes her FG% wasn't great but she played big minutes because she made a big impact. She's not MVP or anything (Maya's well on her way) but she belonged on the court last night, and this was obviously a top-flight WNBA contest.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There was a huge amount of Shoni fans in attendance last night (Native American Night). I think the Dream coaching staff uses that for the psychological effect at away games. Sometimes it means that half the audience is cheering for the visiting team or Shoni.

I still think Dumerc is a better option in all other games. She can keep Angel under control and has no qualms about butting heads with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom