Score Predictions WNBA All Star Game East vs West | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Score Predictions WNBA All Star Game East vs West

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And folks doubted the all-star ability of Shoni...Oh I am sorry; Showtime Shoni Schimmel? She put on a show and the future of the WNBA is bright with players like Shoni, Skylar, Edd, and Maya

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
You know, I thought that the west had this in the bag even before the game began. I am glad that I was wrong. I am loving this. I don't care who wins

Reaction Score
Best WNBA all star game I've seen by a fair bit

:)

I agree. The folks at the bar where I was watching the game, thought that I was watching a playoff game. It was that good. Great job, WNBA and All-Stars

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Tamika with great props for Shoni - Showtime Shimmel

First OT game, highest point total (125 - 124).

and the MVP IS..........................................Shoni Shimmel - 29 points and I don't know how many assists

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
USA basketball IS in good hands...with the talent on the floor, we should be gold for years to come!

Thinking ahead to what this game means for the NAtional team.

What we saw here was a changing of the guard and especially at that position.
Sue made some good plays but looked slow and out of it at other times.
Lindsey Whalen had hands of stone. Seemed to fumble or kick every pass.
Diana didn't seem that much involved…but in her case, I think it was an aberration
Sky and Show time were the stars of this game and even if Geno is reluctant to have Rez ball on the American squad, surely Diggins has to considered for a starting role….Diggins and Diana to start in the backcourt?

Maybe no Sue at all? No Whalen?
Loved Dupree
Maya missed some key shots and then made some; only dominated in stretches.
Parker didn't show much.
Tina had a good game.
Brittany was amazing in the first half.

Fascinating game.
Maybe Tamika is the veteran glue that holds the team together.

I think the trend in the WNBA is the youth takeover.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Did DT3 play at all in the 4th? Yes, it was a fun watch, and it made me think of the possibility of a WNBA final of Phoenix versus Atlanta. BG versus Shoni AGAIN. I wish Maya had made that shot at the end. Great play by Bird.

Reaction Score
Tamika with great props for Shoni - Showtime Shimmel

First OT game, highest point total (125 - 124).

and the MVP IS.......Shoni Shimmel - 29 points and I don't know how many assists

8 assists

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Thinking ahead to what this game means for the NAtional team.

What we saw here was a changing of the guard and especially at that position.
Sue made some good plays but looked slow and out of it at other times.
Lindsey Whalen had hands of stone. Seemed to fumble or kick every pass.
Diana didn't seem that much involved…but in her case, I think it was an aberration
Sky and Show time were the stars of this game and even if Geno is reluctant to have Rez ball on the American squad, surely Diggins has to considered for a starting role….Diggins and Diana to start in the backcourt?

Maybe no Sue at all? No Whalen?
Loved Dupree
Maya missed some key shots and then made some; only dominated in stretches.
Parker didn't show much.
Tina had a good game.
Brittany was amazing in the first half.

Fascinating game.
Maybe Tamika is the veteran glue that holds the team together.

I think the trend in the WNBA is the youth takeover.

Honestly I don't think that you can take too much away from this game except that a good time was had by all. It will be a very different situation for USA basketball, and it may be that the vets stepped back and let the new guys have their day. In my mind, that doesn't diminish their abilities at all.
Diana, Maya, and Sue had their moments, believe me.

It really was a fun game to watch

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
RadyLady said:
Honestly I don't think that you can take too much away from this game except that a good time was had by all. It will be a very different situation for USA basketball, and it may be that the vets stepped back and let the new guys have their day. In my mind, that doesn't diminish their abilities at all. Diana, Maya, and Sue had their moments, believe me. It really was a fun game to watch

How about Sue with the end-of-half "snuff" , and then the steal + over-the-back pass while going out of bounds at the end of regulation?? Some great moments there !! :)

Last edited:

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Honestly I don't think that you can take too much away from this game except that a good time was had by all. It will be a very different situation for USA basketball, and it may be that the vets stepped back and let the new guys have their day. In my mind, that doesn't diminish their abilities at all.
Diana, Maya, and Sue had their moments, believe me.

It really was a fun game to watch

Yes, yes. I think the smart vets were thinking about their bodies and DT was thinking about her run to the championships.

Typical All Star type game but with the OT making it more fun for the fans.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
How fitting that the game ended with Skylar on the floor asking for a foul

I would add that she was on the floor after a flop attempt and asking for a foul. Classic Diggins leg paralysis flop.

psconn

Reaction Score
How about Sue with the end-of-half "snuff" , and then the steal + over-the-back pass while going out of bounds at the end of regulation?? Some great moments there !! :)

That save out of bounds was a great play by Sue.

psconn

Reaction Score
Great All-Star game. Maybe the best I've seen. Shoni puts Rezball on display and comes away with a scoring record and an MVP.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I didn't see the game, but the minimal number of fouls and the score suggest that little defense was played. The young guns scored a lot, but against real defense, might not have.

I didn't think that Shoni deserved to be on the team based on her limited minutes for Atlanta, but she showed she can play at this level. Skylar, who seems like a no-brainer for Most Improved Player, was good too.

But don't write off the vets yet. I expect Sue and Lindsay to be on the USA team in 2014. Skylar is making a strong case for 2016, but I don't think she's ready for 2014.

Reaction Score
With USA, I've said this a few times. USA basketball rewards loyalty, just like Dawn Staley..Sue Bird will be in the lineup..and Sue Bird will start. Lindsay should be there too.

Not to mention, she's recovering from surgery and didn't play last season. She's been playing much better in the second half of the season..let's see how she plays by the end.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Very entertaining game and great atmosphere! The WNBA and Phoenix did a tremendous job with this game.

Shoni was definitely the star of the game. What an exciting player to watch in a game like this. Now it will be interesting to see if she can harness that energy and become an integral part of the Atlanta game plan. I suspect that the fans are going to clamour for her to get more playing time. I liked seeing her an BG having fun with each other and BG taking a picture with Shoni's mom. That was a fun moment.

Skylar is the PG of the future for the USA. She is definitely outplaying the veterans at this point and is only going to get better. Love or hate her, she has taken her game to a new level.

Was interesting to see the volume of shots that some of the players took; Shoni with 24 (16 three pointers) and Maya with 22 (10 three pointers). Diggins 18 (7 three pointers), Charles 17 and Catchings 17. Maya and Shoni also were focused on passing with 8 assists each. DT seemed to be there to have fun but not to exert too much energy.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
With USA, I've said this a few times. USA basketball rewards loyalty, just like Dawn Staley..Sue Bird will be in the lineup..and Sue Bird will start. Lindsay should be there too.

Not to mention, she's recovering from surgery and didn't play last season. She's been playing much better in the second half of the season..let's see how she plays by the end.

Skylar should be on the team, IMO. Bird and Whalen will be 35 and 34 years old, respectively, at the time of the Olympics and will not get any faster over the next couple of years. I cannot imagine either of them outplaying Diggins at that point.

DT, although in the same age range, is still the best at her position. I would have DT and Skylar playing PG on the Olympic team.

Reaction Score
Is it wrong that I wanted the EAST to win only because if they won then Shoni was going to be MVP instead of Skylar. I do not know why but I would like to see her win the least amount possible. No NCAA titles.. hopefully no WNBA titles... etc.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Is it wrong that I wanted the EAST to win only because if they won then Shoni was going to be MVP instead of Skylar. I do not know why but I would like to see her win the least amount possible. No NCAA titles.. hopefully no WNBA titles... etc.

It will be wrong if she is on the Olympic team and you still want to see her lose.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Right now I would have Shoni on the Olympic team over her.

Diggins should have shot more and she would have been the MVP. She "only" took 18 shots to Shoni's 24. Did Shoni set the record for most shots taken in a WNBA All-star game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom