Scheduling as an Indication of Interest | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Scheduling as an Indication of Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Miami to the B1G was actually a topic of discussion when it looked like FSU was on the table. An FSU/MIAMI combo might have made some sense, even though they're at opposite ends of the state. Miami is worthy academically even though they're not AAU, FSU perhaps as an athletic grab. But I don't think the people that matter ever thought much about it.
You made this up, right? Miami to B1G? Miami/FSU to B1G? Do you mean people 'here' discussed it, or people within the B1G? If it's the former I get it. If it's the later could you provide link?

Reaction Score
Frank the Tank fueled the FSU to B1G talk with his talk of FSU being a good add for the Big Ten..."football power, growing population, massive TV markets"....

"
At the same time, as someone that implored people to “think like a university president and not like a fan” when it came to conference realignment back in 2009, I’ve now come full circle in badly wanting to make sure that the Big Ten ends up with at least one more legit football power if it is going to continue expanding. Unless Notre Dame suddenly gets conference religion, the only realistic option on that front is Florida State and, by several accounts, the Seminoles are there for the taking. As I’ve stated before, Florida State hits virtually every metric that the Big Ten is looking for long-term: football power, growing population and massive TV markets. I understand better than most people about the importance of TV markets and academics to the Big Ten, yet this expansion gravy train is still ultimately fueled by football games that sports fans actually want to sit down and watch. Let’s hope that if the Big Ten actually is able to further raid the ACC (and I’ll be a skeptic of that occurring until the day that there’s an actual announcement) that Jim Delany (who I’m sure is more than open to the prospect of adding FSU) is able to remind the university presidents that there still needs to be football branding on top of collecting large metro areas and research institutions.

Reaction Score
Buddy...I posted the same thing that Fishy did....just in a different way. There is no sarcasm font, unfortunately. That scheduling shtick is, like Fishy posted, "grasping at straws".

You are such a nut case.
The only reason you are here is to continue baiting UConn fans. It's one thing for you to say it but it is another for him. He is being sarcastic, you are needling.

Reaction Score
Nutcase...

We are all talking CR...you just have a nutty hard on for FSU-ACC and anybody remotely connected...a lot of anger.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hey, my banana looked just like Delany this morning. I swear it!
And by banana did you mean....uh wait that would Swofford.

Reaction Score
Nutcase...

We are all talking CR...you just have a nutty hard on for FSU-ACC and anybody remotely connected...a lot of anger.
You're the one with the hard on for FSU.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati has future home and homes with Indiana and Nebraska, they must be going to the B1G too!

Reaction Score
You're the one with the hard on for FSU.

Well sure I am an FSU guy...never equivocated about my fandom...come by it honestly.

....FSU alum
....fan for longer than many on this board have been alive...46 years
....finished a long and satisfying career as semi retired on a consultant contract with FSU
....My first date with my now wife was in 1980 to the FSU-Louisville game
....in December 1983 we went to the Peach Bowl and celebrated the win with some bubbly...my Peach Bowl boy was born 9 months later

Yeah...I am a Nole fan...but that shouldn't cause you such anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom