Scenario in a Boston restaurant. | The Boneyard

Scenario in a Boston restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Had tix to last night's Sox game (don't bitch; this was quality time with my daughter). So we go to dinner at Whiskey's, a hangout on Boylston Street. We sit down, and within 5 minutes the table next to us is filled with Florida fans(t-shirts, etc. ). We say nothing. One of the Gator geeks sees my 2004 NC t-shirt and says "you like UConn?" "Yes. Like UConn so much I graduated there." He says "hope you enjoyed that win last December." I smile.
We get up to leave for the Sox game. At this point Florida is up 16-4. I wave to the Gators and say "our backcourt will destroy you."

PS: The Husky highlights on the big board at Fenway drew quite a cheer. And we stayed for all 11,miserable, bone-chilling innings. But I didn't care.

Reaction Score
Had tix to last night's Sox game (don't bitch; this was quality time with my daughter). So we go to dinner at Whiskey's, a hangout on Boylston Street. We sit down, and within 5 minutes the table next to us is filled with Florida fans(t-shirts, etc. ). We say nothing. One of the Gator geeks sees my 2004 NC t-shirt and says "you like UConn?" "Yes. Like UConn so much I graduated there." He says "hope you enjoyed that win last December." I smile.
We get up to leave for the Sox game. At this point Florida is up 16-4. I wave to the Gators and say "our backcourt will destroy you."

PS: The Husky highlights on the big board at Fenway drew quite a cheer. And we stayed for all 11,miserable, bone-chilling innings. But I didn't care.

OMG brother swami….the Sux instead of the Huskies????????

Deepster what are we to think of this betrayal of our partner and Ashton provider? Will it be a hanging with a ginty up his…….??

By the way having said that, I feel bad for you that Gomes finished it with a K….:D

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
OMG brother swami….the Sux instead of the Huskies????????

Deepster what are we to think of this betrayal of our partner and Ashton provider? Will it be a hanging with a ginty up his…….??

By the way having said that, I feel bad for you that Gomes finished it with a K….:D

Yet, we won, in brilliant fashion. Note that when swami left, UCONN went on their run. Looks like swami needs to stay away Monday, preferably heading to Baltimore to see another Sox game.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Not to defend going to a sox game over the HUSKIES but it was quality time with his daughter! Thats gotta count for something!?

Reaction Score
Not to defend going to a sox game over the HUSKIES but it was quality time with his daughter! Thats gotta count for something!?

Quality time with your daughter last night was staying firmly seated next to those gator fans doing shots of Patron with Yuengling chasers and having the opportunity for father and daughter to say in unison "We did enjoy that win last Decemenbr but THIS one is even more enjoyable. Hope you enjoyed both losses, good luck next year!" Then doing the Gator jaws on the way out……

Now THAT's quality time not watching some lumberjack looking dudes try to assimilate a miracle again!

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Quality time with your daughter last night was staying firmly seated next to those gator fans doing shots of Patron with Yuengling chasers and having the opportunity for father and daughter to say in unison "We did enjoy that win last Decemenbr but THIS one is even more enjoyable. Hope you enjoyed both losses, good luck next year!" Then doing the Gator jaws on the way out……

Now THAT's quality time not watching some lumberjack looking dudes try to assimilate a miracle again!
Lol you have never been more right!

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Yuengling is big in Boston, for some reason.
BTW, one of the Gators said he was from Boston and is a Boston fan all the way--except for Florida. I didn't care to ask how that happened.
Intiznccster, you're onto something. Some of my teams' greatest feats happen when I'm not watching. Went to sleep last October the inning before Papi tied up the game vs Detroit. So if need be, in the interests of mojo, I will abstain from watching tomorrow night's tilt.
But I will NOT abstain from the Sacreds.

Reaction Score
Yuengling is big in Boston, for some reason.
BTW, one of the Gators said he was from Boston and is a Boston fan all the way--except for Florida. I didn't care to ask how that happened.
Intiznccster, you're onto something. Some of my teams' greatest feats happen when I'm not watching. Went to sleep last October the inning before Papi tied up the game vs Detroit. So if need be, in the interests of mojo, I will abstain from watching tomorrow night's tilt.

Ahhhh the Sacred's may leave room for some leeway…………but not 100% as there will still be some hell to pay! Fortunately for you the memory of some fun days with some Ashton's, Sacreds and Red Stripes (forgot all the shots we had) also will eventually play in from the Judge I'm guessing so there may be hope!

Reaction Score
I'm going out on a limb and guessing they were free tickets last night. Knowing Swami, he never pays for anything and would never miss out on a freebie no matter who else was playing that night. Of course, he calls it "quality time".

He can watch Monday or he can go stick his head in a hole in the sand. The Mojo I've conjured up may be at an all time high.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
I'm going out on a limb and guessing they were free tickets last night. Knowing Swami, he never pays for anything and would never miss out on a freebie no matter who else was playing that night
You do know the swami very well...but the tix were purchased.
THIS time.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

So no Baltimore?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Nope. Sox are home to Texas tomorrow night. Never had any desire to go to Baltimore either.

Perfect, less travel! In other news, I clearly can't read the schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom