Say no to 24 second shot clock in NCAA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Say no to 24 second shot clock in NCAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Shortening the shot clock (without any other rule changes) just means teams like Cincinnati are going be taking bad shots more frequently.

Reaction Score
I can't believe people are offering the women's 30 second shot clock as support for why we should go to the 30 shot clock. The women's games are virtually unwatchable.

Reaction Score
Fail. Strawman argument.
That's rich coming from the guy who stated "why not go to 6 seconds and make the game nothing but half court heaves" in the OP. Clueless gonna clueless though I guess.

Reaction Score
Shorten the clock and put in 3 in the key. why have 3 in the key for offense and not defense? It would really free things up offensively. too bad that wont ever happen

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
College basketball is far from perfect. It's borderline difficult to sit through some games where there's no rooting interest, because the quality of play is so low.
You say some questionable things but this statement is crazy
I watch tons of NBA but give me a Rutgers-Seton Hall game over a Milwaukee vs Detroit NBA any day
Bad NBA is horrid, bad college is marginal
BTW - portions of KOs playbook is NBA slanted but until the clocks match it isn't comparable. NBA is built around the opportunity that 8 guys out of 10 on the court can drill a three and take it to the hole You'd be lucky if 4 in any NCAA game could do that with any consistency

Reaction Score
You say some questionable things but this statement is crazy
I watch tons of NBA but give me a Rutgers-Seton Hall game over a Milwaukee vs Detroit NBA any day
Bad NBA is horrid, bad college is marginal
BTW - portions of KOs playbook is NBA slanted but until the clocks match it isn't comparable. NBA is built around the opportunity that 8 guys out of 10 on the court can drill a three and take it to the hole You'd be lucky if 4 in any NCAA game could do that with any consistency

I guess I'm mildly flattered by your bizarre obsession with me, although I don't have the faintest idea who you are and I can't think of a single thing you've ever said.

As far as your post regarding the respective quality of play in college versus the NBA, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I think you'd have a tough time finding too many basketball fans that share it, though.

And as far as the idea that UConn's offense under KO and what NBA teams run isn't "comparable," that's just too silly to comment on. Honestly, I don't believe that you watch "tons of NBA" if you really think that - or, I suppose, you just don't know what you're watching.

Reaction Score
That's rich coming from the guy who stated "why not go to 6 seconds and make the game nothing but half court heaves" in the OP. Clueless gonna clueless though I guess.
Thanks, I was thinking the same thing.

Reaction Score
I'm kind of split on this. On one hand, the pace of college games continues to gradually decline with every passing year (per kenpom, this was the slowest tournament of all-time), and a shorter shot clock would obviously accelerate pace, encourage teams to run more, etc. Conversely, what caw and kobe say is true - with a 24 second shot clock, the benefits of playing packed in zones are only intensified, and offenses like Cincinnati (and us, at times) that struggle to crack 40% against good defenses won't be improving in that category. Personally, I'd be in favor of a 28-30 second shot clock.

Reaction Score
Why are they always looking to change things? College bball and the NCAA tournament is as close to perfect as you can get.

Yep if something is successful don't touch it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If the NCAA goes to the 24-second clock, IMO, they must also implement the lane violation (3 seconds in paint on defense, not actively guarding). The two basically go hand-in-hand. You wouldn't have to eliminate zones, but whomever is playing the middle in a 2-3 or 1-3-1 can't anchor themselves under the basket.

And that would be the end of Jim Boeheim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom