Saturday is a big game... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Saturday is a big game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When this bad boy's on the line, you know it will be a war!
CGb_HNRWgAAMiEj-1.0.0.jpg

Whaler - WHAT is your PROBLEM. I don't UNDERSTAND what you are trying to prove!

This is all VERY confusing...way over my head....I just don't understand!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
This is all VERY confusing...way over my head....I just don't understand!!!!!!!

You have to think of it like a $5.00 Nassau. A little scratch on the game always
gives you something added to play for. As Dooley worries about giving UCF added fuel it is nutralized by Diaco's team winning one for the Gipper! Let's watch and see how this plays out.

Reaction Score
I thought every game was a big game. Did you not want to be taken seriously when you posted this?

This game is THE game though. Have to believe Diaco has been treating the first five games as a preseason of sorts - he has a lot up his sleeve and he's been saving everything for the conflict.

Reaction Score
It's a joke that we're not favored in this spot. Andrew Adams has a lot to prove. He won't let us lose. We'll win big and hoist the trophy.
The fact is Uconn doesn't win on the road. Why in the earth should we be favored ??

Reaction Score
Not just beating. We need to roll somebody.
Agree. This team beat the snot out of us at home two years ago. Bobby If you want to create a conflict don't take your foot off the gas on offense or shut them out!!!!

Reaction Score
Because we are better because Nostical says we are better. Not because we are better.
If you don't think we're better, I'm not sure what you've been watching this year. We will whack the Knights and lift the ConFLiCT trophy on Saturday.

Reaction Score
If you don't think we're better, I'm not sure what you've been watching this year. We will whack the Knights and lift the ConFLiCT trophy on Saturday.

100% we are better than we were last year. That doesn't make us automatically better than every other team on our schedule. And remember, a team is not just players, but coaches also.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you went to the UConn home games and to Missouri - one would have one opportunity to have seen UCF play - last week against Tulane.

Sure people who actually back up their opinions and don't babble like a skipping record have UCF favored - but this is an obvious mismatch to the point I predict UCF just doesn't bother to show up.

Reaction Score
This game is THE game though. Have to believe Diaco has been treating the first five games as a preseason of sorts - he has a lot up his sleeve and he's been saving everything for the conflict.

Please explain "Diaco has been treating the first five games as a preseason of sorts". For the life of me, I have been trying to get my arms around that. I will hang up the phone and listen to your response.

Reaction Score
Please explain "Diaco has been treating the first five games as a preseason of sorts". For the life of me, I have been trying to get my arms around that. I will hang up the phone and listen to your response.

haha I was just joking. It doesn't seem that farfetched though with Diaco placing an inordinate amount of importance on this game.

Reaction Score
Nelson is exactly right here. The way you start building a winning tradition is to beat the bad teams.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
If BD is a man if his word, this is a big game. A game you circle on the calendar mid-summer.

Hoping for a strong southern show of support.

3:45 start is bad for a lot of the UConn retirees in Florida. That's just about the same time as Over 50 dinner specials at Denny's and IHOP.
Halftime = Bedtime. lol

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Opening UConn offensive drive of the game, Diaco and Verucci pull a rabbit back out of their hats with the flea-flicker that didn't work against Navy in our first drive... This time it works, and we score early. That's my prediction. F-this conservitive offense we saw against BYU.

Reaction Score
haha I was just joking. It doesn't seem that farfetched though with Diaco placing an inordinate amount of importance on this game.

I theorized that Diaco calculated they might well be 2-3 at this juncture and predicted this would be a pivitol game. Just a guess!

Reaction Score
Chin Diesel said:
If BD is a man if his word, this is a big game. A game you circle on the calendar mid-summer. Hoping for a strong southern show of support. 3:45 start is bad for a lot of the UConn retirees in Florida. That's just about the same time as Over 50 dinner specials at Denny's and IHOP.

Since many of us are now over 40, all jokes about old people should be targeted at those 60 and higher.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Nelson is exactly right here. The way you start building a winning tradition is to beat the bad teams.
that would also be the end state in building a tradition of mediocrity.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Since many of us are now over 40, all jokes about old people should be targeted at those 60 and higher.
I would not have liked this post before this year, alas now I must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom