Saturday is a big game... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Saturday is a big game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's a joke that we're not favored in this spot. Andrew Adams has a lot to prove. He won't let us lose. We'll win big and hoist the trophy.
I agree and look for Adams to go 27 for 32 with 430 yards through the air and 6 rushing touchdowns. On top of 3 interceptions and a kick return to the house for the first time this year!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Probably exceeds my capability for measurement anyway...

Eh loses some starch when the conversation evolved from someone else blindly declaring the market wrong for the sixth week in a row.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
fair dinkum as the aussies say. 2-3 ats is pretty strange considering the improvement most of say we're seeing, although it did take a herculean effort for us to let BYU cover.

Reaction Score
Eh loses some starch when the conversation evolved from someone else blindly declaring the market wrong for the sixth week in a row.
The market was indeed wrong. We simply didn't play/coach well enough to confirm it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The market was indeed wrong. We simply didn't play/coach well enough to confirm it.

You are almost so wrong, you are right. The market kinda was wrong - the number was short.

Reaction Score
While it might be easier, measuring my lack of intellegence lacks utility.

I dunno ... when knocking intelligence, I always look for correct spelling. But, that's just me.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I dunno ... when knocking intelligence, I always look for correct spelling. But, that's just me.

Well you'd have to point out where I knocked someone's intelligence for this to make any sense.

Also, it would be ironic for someone who has invented their own system for capitalization to now grade on spelling.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I kind of wish Coach didn't create this whole "rivalry" thing. UCF is starting to go through the motions and at 0-5, the season is lost. The last thing I want is for them to have any motivation to play this game. We need this W really bad. We can still get to 6 wins on the season if we lose, but the road is a lot more bumpy and we'll have to knock off someone we won't be supposed to.
I love this so much. I can imagine O'Leary in the meeting room with his guys, "OK fellas, this is it. You know the game, you know the players, and you know the stakes. This is what you've been thinking about since camp opened. That's right. I'm talking about the Civil ConFLiCT. Those nutmeggers think they are going to come down here, to OUR house, and leave with that trophy? That mother effer has a clock on it!"

Reaction Score
Big UConn road game wins? In the past 7 seasons doesn't it look something like this?

ND in 2009
USF 2010
MD 2012
VILLE 2012

I'll be cautiously optimistic.
That list kind of summarizes the past five seasons real well, doesn't it?

Last road win for Uconn? 11/23/2013 at Temple. Average margin of loss is 16 points. Until you win on the road, you are always an underdog. Cautiously realistic that 0-5 means UCF sucks as bad as their record indicates. They scored 31 last week in a loss, so hopefully their D sucks and Uconn can put more than 20 on the board. I think Uconn's D keeps them to 20 at most. But Uconn is a bad road team right now and finding 20 points has been real hard for a long time for this team.

Last edited:
Reactions: TKs
Reaction Score
I kind of wish Coach didn't create this whole "rivalry" thing. UCF is starting to go through the motions and at 0-5, the season is lost. The last thing I want is for them to have any motivation to play this game. We need this W really bad. We can still get to 6 wins on the season if we lose, but the road is a lot more bumpy and we'll have to knock off someone we won't be supposed to.

I see your point but on the other hand somehow in Diaco's Matrix type brain he may have known deep down inside that his team would be 2-3 going into UCF and that this would be a pivitol game. Therefore all the hoopla. Not saying the season is totally dead if we lose to UCF but if we win and go 3-3, then who knows maybe,just maybe that is the turning point in the season. In order to go 7-5 which would be a Dream season we must beat USF, Tulane and ECU which all could go either way. (Tulane just trounced UCF at home 45-31, ECU blew out SMU 49-23 so there is nothing EASY going forward.) But a win away at UCF really could mean alot in terms of how the team finishes. If somehow, UCF, ECU and USF are wins, then UCONN will have to pull a Baylor/RGIII against Houston and Greg Ward when they come to the Rent on 11/21. Although I believe we can score against Cincinnati's D, their offense looks too explosive to contain at Cincy! Unless Temple tanks playing them in Philly will be a challenge. But then again UMASS played them tough so you never now. We are going to have to finish strong and upset either Houston or Temple in order to have a dream 7-5 season and go to a bowl. I would take 6-6 or maybe even 5-7 if you gave it to me right now. Just sayin this is what it would take to get to a bowl cause I don't thing 6-6 does it.

10/17 South Florida - Home - W
10/24 Cincinnati - Away - L
10/30 ECU- Home - W
11/7 Tulane - Away - W
11/21 Houston-Home -L - Need upset win
11/28 Temple - Away -L - Need upset win

At this point in time I don't even want to think about a worse case scenario. We obviously know what that could be. TOTAL DISASTER! For now, just let CC do his thing. If the worst happens, I am willing to take it on the chin. Just have to keep hope alive!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree that this is a very critical game for this team. Right now our list of accomplishments if they can be called that is pretty scanty. Victory over a 1aa team and a victory over a very bad Army squad. No offense to speak of. Porous offensive line again. I guess the fact that we beat Army can be considered progress but I would be hard pressed to find where we get 4 wins never mind 6 with a loss Saturday. Puts us right back at square 1 in many respects.

Reaction Score
One more troubling thing is that the defense is undisciplined. I don't know that I've ever seen a team get flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct as many times as we've been and all on the defense at least 3 times after a 3rd down stop. Not just dumb but Rex Ryan level undisciplined stupidity. I have to think that this lack of discipline carries over to other aspects of play. It usually does even if it isn't obvious.

Reaction Score
I know it's just a dumb message board but you'd think you'd want intellegent people to take you seriously if you are going to waste
time posting.[/QUOTE]

WHOA!!!!!!! When did that become a prerequisite for posting? My guess is that wherever you set the odds for folks contemplating an intelligent conversation here, the market will set the bar lower

On the positive side, there is the inference that there are intelligent people on the BY!

Reaction Score
I thought every game was a big game. Did you not want to be taken seriously when you posted this?

Reaction Score
I think its pretty simple: Win this game and Uconn remains within striking distance of bowl eligibility for the entire season. Our most winnable games are against USF and @ Tulane. Win against UCF and those two and you have five wins. Then, we need to steal one from the ECU, Houston, Temple, and Cincinnati.

Lose this weekend, and you need two victories from the group above, and Cincinnati and Temple are on the road, making those games much harder.

For what it is worth, even if they fail to make it to a bowl this season, just being in the hunt until December will help with fan interest going forward.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I thought every game was a big game. Did you not want to be taken seriously when you posted this?

True I should have said bigger than usual.

Reaction Score
I agree that this is a very critical game for this team. Right now our list of accomplishments if they can be called that is pretty scanty. Victory over a 1aa team and a victory over a very bad Army squad. No offense to speak of. Porous offensive line again. I guess the fact that we beat Army can be considered progress but I would be hard pressed to find where we get 4 wins never mind 6 with a loss Saturday. Puts us right back at square 1 in many respects.

Penn State barely got by that bad Army Squad 20-14 Saturday.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=army+Penn+State&sh=0

Let's see how things go against UCF. I agree, the rest of the schedule is no cake walk.
With Cincy, Houston, Temple, ECU, Tulane and USF it is not going to be easy.
We will go somewhere between 5-7 and 7-5 best. If you gave me 3-3 after the
UCF game prior to the start of the season, I would take it. So 3-3 at the half way
mark could end up with UCONN bowling this year.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
When this bad boy's on the line, you know it will be a war!
CGb_HNRWgAAMiEj-1.0.0.jpg

Reaction Score
Saturday, UConn goes to UCF in the biggest game in Bob Diaco's reign.

It's a brutal spot for UConn - coming back across the country and going back on the road.

UCF is working on one of the great collapses in college football history. If they don't win this game 0-9 seems probable and 0-12 is in play.

As if UCF didn't have revenge in mind - Diaco made them a focus in the offseason.

The balance of UConn's season becomes a formality if they can't win this game. If you needed some cold water in your face UCF opened as a 2.5 point favorite.

4-13 to date... Stony Brook, Villanova and Army are the non-UCF wins....

There are clear positives to date and the staff is digging out of a trench but their non-redshirted first class will be almost 40% of the way through their college careers after Saturday.

If they don't win this game they are looking at being winless on the road for a second straight season.

Nobody's job is at stake but they need this game in a bad way. It's too early to start looking to 2016, but a loss and it's another season going to waste.

The BIGGEST Game in Bob Diaco's reign is just the next game.

Yes, Villanova was a huge game. And despite the next division down, we should feel good about that win. After we win against UCF, USF becomes a very big game. Then, we have 5 more conference games. I bet we are going to feel like Temple - O my - is a very big game. Just a little bit of traction.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="whaler11, post: 1433602, member: 676"

Also, it would be ironic for someone who has invented their own system for capitalization to now grade on spelling.[/QUOTE]

Whaler - WHAT is your PROBLEM. I don't UNDERSTAND what you are trying to prove!

Reaction Score
Penn State barely got by that bad Army Squad 20-14 Saturday.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=army+Penn+State&sh=0

Let's see how things go against UCF. I agree, the rest of the schedule is no cake walk.
With Cincy, Houston, Temple, ECU, Tulane and USF it is not going to be easy.
We will go somewhere between 5-7 and 7-5 best. If you gave me 3-3 after the
UCF game prior to the start of the season, I would take it. So 3-3 at the half way
mark could end up with UCONN bowling this year.
Unfortunately the transitional property doesn't apply in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom