Samuelson Sisters | The Boneyard

Samuelson Sisters

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
"If"? Seriously, though, I think it's pretty clear from the rankings and KLS' individual efforts for team USA that of the 3, she's the best (at the same age). I don't think Bonnie or Karlie ever played for team USA at any level, and if they did, they certainly did not have the impact Katie did.

I think the bigger question is if KLS is really the #1 kid in her class. From what I've read, it seems that HG bumped her up because she improved in almost every area of her game.

Reaction Score
See below.

SON: that is one helluva lookin sandwich you use there. I can remember looking at Dagwood's creations as a skinny kid growing up. They still look plenty tempting, don't they?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
"If"? Seriously, though, I think it's pretty clear from the rankings and KLS' individual efforts for team USA that of the 3, she's the best (at the same age). I don't think Bonnie or Karlie ever played for team USA at any level, and if they did, they certainly did not have the impact Katie did.

I think the bigger question is if KLS is really the #1 kid in her class. From what I've read, it seems that HG bumped her up because she improved in almost every area of her game.

She's probably better than the other two right now, never mind 'at the same age'.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
She's probably better than the other two right now, never mind 'at the same age'.
Lou is a nightmare to guard. She gets off her shot so quick and if you guard her face up she can put the ball on the court and drive by you. Her BB IQ is one of the best I have seen and something not mentioned is that her passing is great too(I noticed that in last years U16 games in Mexico, and numerous HS and AAU games out here in OC)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I used the word "IF" as the two Samuelson sisters already at Stanford were also highly rated. I'm sure to some, both have under achieved so far at Stanford. Also there have been other Highly rated recruits that didn't live up to expectations during their college career.

Do I expect Katie to have a great career at UConn, I sure do but time will tell.

Reaction Score
Lou is a nightmare to guard. She gets off her shot so quick and if you guard her face up she can put the ball on the court and drive by you. Her BB IQ is one of the best I have seen and something not mentioned is that her passing is great too(I noticed that in last years U16 games in Mexico, and numerous HS and AAU games out here in OC)

OC: that's the kind of stuff I really love - detail on what a kid can do specifically. (Also like to know that they need work on.) We're fortunate to have your "live eyes" perspective....all the more interesting in that you've seen her several times. Many thanks.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I used the word "IF" as the two Samuelson sisters already at Stanford were also highly rated.
umm, Karlie was rated #70 by Bluestar, #77 by HoopGurlz and #95 by ASGR.
Bonnie was #61 on HoopGurlz, #35 on Bluestar and #21 on ASGR. (and Bonnie was in KML's class, which we have discussed in a couple other threads was a pretty weak class)

Not really at KLS's level of Prospect Nation #2, Bluestar #1, HoopGurlz #1, ASGR #2, Fullcourt #2. KLS is ahead of Durr on a couple of those. :eek:

I'm not really wondering which of the sisters is better. Got a pretty good idea.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
A video posted of Lou showed her hitting an incredible three coming off a screen on the wing and catching spinning and nailing the shot in a split second - something very few women have the strength to do - really did look like some of DT's miracles or a few of Maya's and looked completely effortless.
I think the biggest difference in game between her and her sisters is that she looks very comfortable going to the basket, banging for rebounds, etc. which is something I haven't seen from them

Reaction Score
"I don't think Bonnie or Karlie ever played for team USA at any level, and if they did, they certainly did not have the impact Katie did.

The linked ESPN article says that Bonnie was on the 2012 Great Britain 20 player training camp roster but had to drop out because of injury. Never knew that.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
The linked ESPN article says that Bonnie was on the 2012 Great Britain 20 player training camp roster but had to drop out because of injury. Never knew that.
She never made the trip across the pond. I cant remember the injury but I think Stanford thought it was best she rest. If she was healthy she would have traveled for the try out.

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-comme...rlie-samuelson-celebrate-sight-dad-father-day

Katie Lou, meanwhile, could be the most stellar of the sisters. Last summer she put on an amazing shooting display for the United States' U16 team at the FIBA Americas Championship in Cancun, Mexico. Katie Lou helped lift the USA to the gold medal by going 8-for-8 from behind the arc in the final. She made 18 3-pointers in five tournament games, a USA U17 record, and shot 53 percent from behind the arc, also a USA record. She'll spend this Father's Day back in Colorado Springs at training camp for the USA U17 team.

Reaction Score
How much better would Bonnie and Karlie be if they had committed to UConn? We'll never know, but I have a feeling they would be better. By how much is anyone's guess.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I noticed that too. Are they British citizens? Do they need to be citizens to play on that kind of team?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I noticed that too. Are they British citizens? Do they need to be citizens to play on that kind of team?
Every National team has certain requirements, but I believe the Olympic committee is pretty relaxed about qualification, except you cannot play on more than one national team in you life. A couple of americans have played for other national teams (Russia for one) with very little ancestral background.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom