Samson Johnson Off Season | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Samson Johnson Off Season

Reaction Score
All of Samson's problems (rebounding, fouls) stem from the fact that he's light in the pants and can be displaced easily. Not much to be done about it honestly - just needs to eat a billion pizzas and protein shakes and start developing some old man strength to battle better and not get rooted.

in addition technique wise he can learn to take charges instead of getting hammered with 5 consecutive shoulders into the chest, but that BB IQ stuff is hard to learn this late, that feel.
More time at the Dairy Bar

Reaction Score
This is so stupid. Obviously different players are better at different things with their different skill sets.
Thank you for your feedback. Two weeks after a repeat - Casual Fans rule.

Reaction Score
The results question his recovery effectiveness. Look at rebounds or block shots or fouls or +/-.

His foul problems were primarily moving screens and getting bullied in the post. I know you are set in your ways but don’t be making casual points!

I want to see Samson get a little better at reading the defense and making the right pass, as DC learned to do. Maybe a simple jump hook or go-to move to use rarely. Mostly I want to see him continue to use his freakish athleticism in rim running and to lose the stupid fouls.

Reaction Score
His foul problems were primarily moving screens and getting bullied in the post. I know you are set in your ways but don’t be making casual points!

I want to see Samson get a little better at reading the defense and making the right pass, as DC learned to do. Maybe a simple jump hook or go-to move to use rarely. Mostly I want to see him continue to use his freakish athleticism in rim running and to lose the stupid fouls.
I think you need to understand the scheme that contributes with his inexperience for foolish fouls.
I like Samson as a player and his teammates always speak very highly of him. So often the high hedge puts him in poor position to play post defense.

Reaction Score
Eat as many cheeseburgers as he can fit in his mouth.

Then lift weights

Then do cardio

Then repeat this process

Hopefully he'll gain at least 20 lbs

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Eat as many cheeseburgers as he can fit in his mouth.

Then lift weights

Then do cardio

Then repeat this process

Hopefully he'll gain at least 20 lbs
No Way Ugh GIF

Reaction Score
He really shows his a s s as a self-proclaimed basketball genius with this stuff.
Our best perimeter defense was played when Hassan, Tristen and Stephon pressured the opposing guards. It had nothing to do with the high hedge, which actually creates mismatches in our opponents favor.

Reaction Score
My take:
Get coached up on the ticky tack fouls that keep Sampson glued to the bench early in the game/understand game dynamics (If team up by 10 early maybe its ok to give up a layup and not foul)
Look at some NBA big man tape and try to develop some moves in/around the rim to his arsenal (2-3 dribble reverse layup under the hoop)
Needs to get a serviceable hook shot if we are to go far in the tourney although we may rely on Reed for that kind of offense.
Having good spatial awareness and shot clock awareness so he can get to the rebounding.
I think having Samson watch more tape and understand the game more would do him wonders as i think he started his basketball journey later than Clingan did.

Reaction Score
My take:
Get coached up on the ticky tack fouls that keep Sampson glued to the bench early in the game/understand game dynamics (If team up by 10 early maybe its ok to give up a layup and not foul)
Look at some NBA big man tape and try to develop some moves in/around the rim to his arsenal (2-3 dribble reverse layup under the hoop)
Needs to get a serviceable hook shot if we are to go far in the tourney although we may rely on Reed for that kind of offense.
Having good spatial awareness and shot clock awareness so he can get to the rebounding.
I think having Samson watch more tape and understand the game more would do him wonders as i think he started his basketball journey later than Clingan did.
Lot for him to work on.

Realistically, if he improves on some of the above , it would be a bonus for his game.

I doubt he will master them all, but by now, he should at least improve on some of them.

Reaction Score
Samson is not Donovan or Adama in his skillset. He is very under control emotionally on the court. Getting up and down the floor is not an issue. He will be a better version of himself next season. He will have more offensive skills than we have seen. All the players this season did what the staff wanted them to do. Fans forget that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom