Sally Jenkins Article | The Boneyard

Sally Jenkins Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Drake Group proposal would return exclusive control of all championships to the new governing body, and not a dime of revenues from a football playoff or Final Four would go to one team over another based on win-loss record. Instead it would be split equally. No more multimillion-dollar salaries for coaches, athletic directors, conference commissioners, and NCAA presidents — those would be capped.

Athletic Department expenses are at or exceeding revenue, no matter how big the cash haul. Needs to stop.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...lion-salary-is-46-more-than-his-predecessors/
Mark Emmert’s $1.7 million salary is 46% more than his predecessor’s...

All the suits are getting massive raises as the NCAA’s revenues explode with the new round of TV deals.
And the players responsible for those deals?
They’re getting the same old scholarships they were 50 years ago.

Reactions: pj

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That was awesome.

Reaction Score
I don't know if the Feds taking over is the answer, but the current NCAA model for D1, needs to be blown up. It is pro sports where everyone but the athletes get rich. Head coaches, Ads, conference commissioners. Multi million dollar TV contracts, but Todd Gurley sold his autograph and must be punished. This thing has stunk for years.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The problem is that the NCAA is bigger than just one man. The next one up will be just as self serving as Emmert. They all push the envelope a little more than the last.

Reaction Score
I think these are raindrops before it starts pouring. Emmert is a loser; but ultimately, the latest in the string. The NCAA has taken regular body blows. Soon, the outcry will lead to real change.

And Sally ... What does this say for Women's sports? The P5 crap is horrible for opportunity & advancement in Title IX. Interesting.

Reaction Score
I think these are raindrops before it starts pouring. Emmert is a loser; but ultimately, the latest in the string. The NCAA has taken regular body blows. Soon, the outcry will lead to real change.

And Sally ... What does this say for Women's sports? The P5 crap is horrible for opportunity & advancement in Title IX. Interesting.
Muschamp gone from FLA: (From ESPN News)

Will Muschamp will not return as Flordia's coach next season, the school announced Sunday. Muschamp will coach the team's final two games this season, and then step down. Muschamp's buyout will work out to about $6.3 million, a source with knowledge of the terms confirmed to ESPN.com's Darren Rovell. "I was given every opportunity to get it done here and I simply didn't win enough games -- that is the bottom line," Muschamp said in a statement. "I'm disappointed that I didn't get it done and it is my responsibility to get it done."

To summarize... he didn't get it done.

In related news, Halliburton and Baker Hughes have agreed to merge after often fractious talks. (ed: Frankly, can't see this one getting past US and EU regulators.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom