PF Sacha Killeya-Jones (Kentucky Commit) | The Boneyard

PF Sacha Killeya-Jones (Kentucky Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jumping in late on a kid from Chapel Hill who already has UNC, UK, and KU offers. Uphill battle is a huge understatement.

Reaction Score
Jumping in late on a kid from Chapel Hill who already has UNC, UK, and KU offers. Uphill battle is a huge understatement.
Yea this is probably one of those token offers

Reaction Score
We are going to need a interpreter for these kid's names if any of them commit.

Reaction Score
Ok at first looked like I went to he ladies board by mistake then I realized I could post here so it couldn't be the women's board. Yeah I'm kicked outta there and imagine this, it wasn't about anyone's height. But it maybe was about weight LOL, think I was right there too! ;)

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Ok at first looked like I went to he ladies board by mistake then I realized I could post here so it couldn't be the women's board. Yeah I'm kicked outta there and imagine this, it wasn't about anyone's height. But it maybe was about weight LOL, think I was right there too! ;)
Did they actually ban you?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Recap

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score

I went there once, it was like tampon hell!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Kaleena M Lewis, next level WNBA - too heavy won't play much, got away with it at UConn because they are so good and other teams blow etc etc ....small sampling. How dare I? LOL

LOL. I once got accused of talking child rape when I mentioned something about Geno yelling at players. I can't even tell the story because I still don't understand what happened. I still post every now and again though.

Just because it's the off-season, I don't fully agree on the KML thing. Yes, she might struggle as a pro, but I think her success in college was because she can flat out play. College game often masks physical deficiencies because there's a wider array of body types.

Reminds me of guys who are dominant in college, but don't cut it in the NBA because they don't quite have the body type for whatever reason (Jeff Adrien).

Two cents.

Reaction Score
Kaleena M Lewis, next level WNBA - too heavy won't play much, got away with it at UConn because they are so good and other teams blow etc etc ....small sampling. How dare I? LOL

Right before the WNBA draft I posted over there that I didn't think KML would be a high draft pick cuz her weight made her a defensive liability.

The response I got from some (not all) posters you'd think I had just drop-kicked a puppy across a room. I make a stealthy retreat back across the river with all my body parts barely intact and functioning.

The funny thing is that KML actually ended up being a high draft pick (3rd? 4th?) so I was wrong on that part. But she has seen very little playing time. Why? Because the coaching staff doesn't think she plays good D. Why?
Shhhhhhhhhh.........she's... over....weight......Shhhhhhhhhh

Reaction Score
The response I got from some (not all) posters you'd think I had just drop-kicked a puppy across a room. I make a stealthy retreat back across the river with all my body parts barely intact and functioning.

I never understood why they got so defensive about that. She was a high level division 1 athlete - it seemed a little strange that talking about her weight was off limits. It didn't take a rocket surgeon to notice that she could have stood to lose a few (dozen) lbs.

Reaction Score
I never understood why they got so defensive about that. She was a high level division 1 athlete - it seemed a little strange that talking about her weight was off limits. It didn't take a rocket surgeon to notice that she could have stood to lose a few (dozen) lbs.

KML is a great shooter, terrific as a matter of fact, money and all of that. But she only got open because UConn was so much better than everyone. She struggled against real good athletes at times but even then at some point they couldn't always guard her as others were going off. She was the benefactor of a great system and team while in college. But she ate too many twinkies for sure and needed to do a "dolson-like" turnaround with her body to compete at the next level. Even on defense, where people thought she was great, she was beaten like a rented mule to the basket by good players consistently but it went unnoticed as Stewie, Stokes and others throughout her career were there to put a stop to it. She was very smart and off the ball she made some steals but that does not make a good defender.

Bottom line she needs to get a personal trainer and work her a** off (literally and figuratively) if she is to become a solid player in the WNBA. I hope she does, she certainly can offer a team potentially the best women's shooter in the game.

Don't you dare try to say any of this over there > LOL

Reaction Score
The one thing I don't get about KML is how she hasn't lost it already, I assume there must be some underlying issue that isn't our business. I'm sure she does just as much conditioning and exercise as any of her UConn teammates, maybe more. She also has the same access to food and dietitians as her teammates. Look at Dolson for example; she was an over-sized teletubby her freshman year, but by her senior year, she was probably one of the best in shape centers in WBB. I just don't get it.

C

Chief00

LOL. I once got accused of talking child rape when I mentioned something about Geno yelling at players. I can't even tell the story because I still don't understand what happened. I still post every now and again though.

Just because it's the off-season, I don't fully agree on the KML thing. Yes, she might struggle as a pro, but I think her success in college was because she can flat out play. College game often masks physical deficiencies because there's a wider array of body types.

Reminds me of guys who are dominant in college, but don't cut it in the NBA because they don't quite have the body type for whatever reason (Jeff Adrien).

Two cents.
There is always a place for someone with a strong body who can flat out shoot

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
She's fat and honestly isn't that good, lets be honest with ourselves.

Reaction Score
She's fat and honestly isn't that good, lets be honest with ourselves.
You r trippin! She is the best shooter men or women I have ever seen and I have watched a lot of basketball in my years. Yes she needs to get in better shape but that girl can ball! She can do more than just shoot but is a defensive liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom