Ryan Crozier Named to Rimington Trophy Watch List | The Boneyard

Ryan Crozier Named to Rimington Trophy Watch List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2015/05/uconns-crozier-named-to-rimington-award.html

>>UConn's Crozier named to Rimington Trophy spring watch list

Ryan Crozier hasn't taken a snap at center yet (except during spring practice) but he showed enough promise while starting the final three games of his freshman season at left guard to receive national recognition by being named as one of the 52 centers named to the Rimington Trophy spring watch list.

Crozier is the only true sophomore on the list and one of five sophomores named to the watch list.<<

Reaction Score

A little strange, no? Isn't he quite new to the position?

Better early than never! :D Actually they are late on the fact he will not be wearing that dog snot ugly helmet... Nice to know some think we have good things coming up front!

Reaction Score
If it motivates our guys to kick the snot out of the opposition then it's a good thing. With all due respect, of course.

Reaction Score
Congrats Ryan! This will likely just serve as extra motivation for him to continue his rapid development on the OL. Love the positive press for our guys and the program!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
While it is obviously not a bad thing to be included, especially given that Crozier is a true sophomore and the way UConn's line played last year, I'm tempering my excitement at this point. The watch list includes almost half of FBS starting centers (54 players).

Reaction Score
While it is obviously not a bad thing to be included, especially given that Crozier is a true sophomore and the way UConn's line played last year, I'm tempering my excitement at this point. The watch list includes almost half of FBS starting centers (54 players).

fair enough, but how many on the list have never snapped a ball in a game.

Admittedly one of many looking for any break in what has seemed like an endless number of dark cloudy days

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
fair enough, but how many on the list have never snapped a ball in a game.

Admittedly one of many looking for any break in what has seemed like an endless number of dark cloudy days
I look at it as if the cloudy days are behind me. The old build was razed, a new foundation has been laid, and there is no doubt it was absolutely a painful process. I expect UConn to start building the first floor.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I look at it as if the cloudy days are behind me. The old build was razed, a new foundation has been laid, and there is no doubt it was absolutely a painful process. I expect UConn to start building the first floor.

Agree, and continuing the metaphor, the building will be built using mostly raw and recycled materials, not the pre-cut/pre-fab stuff P5 "buildings" are made of. Ours will be a high-quality, custom-made, built-to-last Dog House we'll be proud to call our own and show off to our neighbors! :)

Reaction Score

I like your analogy :)

Reaction Score
Again... 2016 Spring Watch List Released

>>The Rimington Trophy Committee has released its 2016 Spring Watch List, which includes the following top centers in Division I football. In order to create this list, the committee accepted nominations from programs across the country that submitted their current starting centers for consideration.

Reaction Score
Anyone who has taken snaps at the college level is on that list. Doesn't even matter if those snaps weren't at Center (which is the case here).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom