Rutgers is content to be awful | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Rutgers is content to be awful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We won none! And that's indesputable, but it was Delaney's call, and that of the members of the conference who put it to a vote. The question is, was uconn factored into the mix or the equation? If you guys were, then the choice would've been simple. Take uconn and Rutgers, and not take UMd, or take UMd and uconn and that's it. However, that wasn't the case. At the end of the day, it wasn't just baskrtball, and all other non revenue sports they were inspecting, they looked at the entire scope of things, being tv sets, potential, brand expansion, recruiting, demographics, and market. Some of which you have, but for some reason, and I don't know why, you guys came up short.

When we all found out the BT was adding, some of us all thought it would be fuND, and perhaps you, but from people in the know, you guys weren't factored into the equation at all. As Delaney once siad, he's looking at the next 100 years, and not a quick fix.

Hey Skippy, I don't duck*ing care! I simply pointed out that I thought the BiG made a mistake taking Rutgers over UCONN. You live on this board to constantly remind us that the BiG did in fact take Rutgers over UCONN. It's tired, it's old and I don't care why the BiG made the mistake that I think they made. It's a UCONN board, give it a rest.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm sure basketball should've gotten you in hands down, but football drives the bus.
For the record only 13 of out 19 national championships are in basketball.

As I'm sure you also realize, football didn't get Rutgers in the B1G, the fact that New Jersey is wedged between NYC and Philadelphia, along with the fact that portions of New Jersey have a population density that rivals, or perhaps trumps, New Dehli is what got you in. It's not much to hang your hat on but it did get you in the door. So congratulations on that!

Reaction Score
You are the first person to point that out.

Must have been all those conference championships and BCS bowls that got Rutgers in.

Listen we are all bitter but I am trying real hard to not let it consume me.

RU will be fine football wise. They won't be OSU or even MSU but they may get to middle of the pack like Iowa but that will be good enough. And football is all that counts. It sucks but it is what it is.

As if the timing of our football plunge couldn't have been worse we also have the absolute most inept and pitiful PR/marketing in all of major college sports to help keep us down. pathetic they are.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
You know... I've come to the conclusion that the fact that Rutgers is historically bad at well.. most every sport... was actually a selling point for the other B1G schools. They get on TV in the Northeast more often, kids can play a home game in front of all their friends once in a while, they get a crap ton of money... and they never really have to worry about losing against them.. in a recruiting battle or on the field.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Rutgers may be content to be awful and although it's a shame, it's RU style.
More frustrating is seeing all the P5 programs already grandfathered in. That is what really pisses me off about CR. What has Kansas State ever won? Mississippi State? Oregon State, Colorado...?

Hey now, Oregon State won the first NCAA Men's Basketball Championship. a college world series, and their women's teams are called the Lady Beavs.

Reaction Score
Hey now, Oregon State won the first NCAA Men's Basketball Championship. a college world series, and their women's teams are called the Lady Beavs.
Oregon won the first one, not Oregon State.

Reaction Score
Not to be confused with the Men Beavs?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
TROLOLOLOLOL

tNc57D0.jpg

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
TROLOLOLOLOL

tNc57D0.jpg

My least favorite school in one of my least favorite places in the world.

I have an ad for Oregon Ducks posters. At least it's completely random.

pj

Reaction Score
Those are the summer classes for the volleyball team. The football team takes its classes at the gridiron and the pancake house.

Reaction Score
"The State University of New Jersey - A day at the beach."

Considering how many folks from Jersey basically move the the shore for the summer served by a lot of college kids working summer jobs, this actually makes sense. Plus, I bet some of the faculty who migrate also in the summer like earning the extra money. The program uses 4 locations (2 community colleges, an elementary school, and a conference center) to cover the entire shore from Point Pleasant to Cape May.

http://summer.rutgers.edu/ru-shore/sites

Reaction Score
I wonder why you never ever say going to the shore in Florida?

You can go to the coast, or more often, go to the beach.....but no one says goes to the shore.

Reaction Score
billybud said:
I wonder why you never ever say going to the shore in Florida? You can go to the coast, or more often, go to the beach.....but no one says goes to the shore.

Because Florida is huge, so it just isn't descriptive enough. People in Rhode Island and CT often use the term shore as well.

Reaction Score
If one has a salaried position, basically just shows up for work, sub-par performance reviews, multiple disciplinary actions, spends more than he makes, and gets promoted to a VP position because his brownstone happens to be close to the office, I could see one being very content. Not admired much, but content.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I wonder why you never ever say going to the shore in Florida?

You can go to the coast, or more often, go to the beach.....but no one says goes to the shore.

I'll defer to my kids' judgement on this one. A few years ago we had a family get together for a week in Narragansett. First day we're there my mom came back with a fist full of wrist bands. It cost $10/day just to access the shore there. My kids walked through the concrete barrier, took one look at the brown sand and red seaweed and promptly declared it a dump. Same thing a few days later at Newport.

It's difficult to find any redeeming value for a beach north of the Outer Banks in NC.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
To be fair, the northeast has a major advantage in fresh water lakes and rivers. There is something to be said for being able to enjoy cool fresh water without fear of alligators and cottonmouths.

Reaction Score
I'll defer to my kids' judgement on this one. A few years ago we had a family get together for a week in Narragansett. First day we're there my mom came back with a fist full of wrist bands. It cost $10/day just to access the shore there. My kids walked through the concrete barrier, took one look at the brown sand and red seaweed and promptly declared it a dump. Same thing a few days later at Newport.

It's difficult to find any redeeming value for a beach north of the Outer Banks in NC.

Guess you have never been to Miquamicutt? Beautiful but cold.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
To be fair, the northeast has a major advantage in fresh water lakes and rivers. There is something to be said for being able to enjoy cool fresh water without fear of alligators and cottonmouths.

Been cliff diving into Lake Superior. Spent much of my youth fishing for walleye and swimming in Burt Lake. Spend a weekend in the summer floating down The Rifle River on an inner tube consuming mass quantities of beverages. Boating, water skiing, jet skiing, fishing, swimming, done it all. Kid Rocks song about summertime in Northern Michigan is about as spot on as I can remember.

I love Summer in Michigan. So much to do outdoors with the only aquatic animal to worry about are the occasional leach.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Because Florida is huge, so it just isn't descriptive enough. People in Rhode Island and CT often use the term shore as well.
When I lived in Connecticut we said that we were going to the beach, but I lived on the shore so that might make a difference. It is surprising the difference that turn up just a few hundred miles down the road. No one was quite sure what I wanted when I asked for "a grinder."

Organ-Grinder.jpg

Reaction Score
No one was quite sure what I wanted when I asked for "a grinder."
Gridners...that one threw me for a loop when I arrived on campus frshman year. Never heard them called that before. Hoagies and subs, yes...grinders, nope. I still remember when we moved into the dorms Freshman year and learning at the same time that subs were called grinders and that the package store closed at 8pm (both had to do with us getting down to Ted's before 8pm to get a case of Piels bar bottles (that toughened my stomach up) and a cheeseburger grinder) and thinking to myself, where did I just move to. Then I had a cheeseburger grinder and knew I made the right decision!

Reaction Score
Po Boy's, Hoagies, Grinders, Heroes, Subs...they are all familiar in Florida...

We don't hear of Pepperoni Rolls (a WV standard) or hear folks call for a "wedge" in a Yonkers accent. Nor do we have Lobster Rolls.

We have always had Muffeleta's...but the Pita's have been a late trend.

Of course, the southern part of our state has the Cuban as the "native" sandwich while a Shrimp Po Boy is king along the upper gulf coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom