Rutgers AL on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

pj

Reaction Score
Rutgers does have great extrastructure.

Reaction Score
Rutgers 100% met the metrics for the B1G...they were and still are an AAU school, they are a contiguous state to another B1G school (PSU), and they brought a TON of eyeballs for the B1G Network. NOW...let's see if they can run a B1G athletic dept. UCONN pays Kevin Ollie at $3.5 million/year more than Rutgers pays Kyle Flood ($1.2 mill/yr), Eddie Jordan ($1.1 mill/yr) and C. Vivian Stringer ($1.0 mill/yr (this includes all her incentives...base is $800k/Yr w/o incentives) combined. I enjoyed our rivalry with them and I hope for their fan bases sake that they seriously invest in their athletic programs/infrastructure as they gain their full B1G share.

Reaction Score
Rutgers has been playing football for a century and promoted football as their primary sport forever, even though they were not very good. Nonetheless they have the legacy of college football on their side and that has been they key to success as far as P5 as well as being located in the most densely populated state in the union. The way a "legacy" gets admitted to a fraternity or a "legacy" gets admitted to an Ivy League school, RU had the legacy to get them to a P5. Actual performance meant nothing.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Our buddy Rutgers Al said today that RU is in the B1G because of better infrastructure. He claims that infrastructure includes:
Rutgers Al ‏@RutgersAl 3h3 hours ago
@AB670 @tjwhite18 @JMSakakini @Pizan1260 yes. Better conference and better in state talent = better infrastructure.
When called out on his tweet this was his response:
Rutgers Al ‏@RutgersAl 3h3 hours ago
@AB670 @tjwhite18 @JMSakakini @Pizan1260 you clearly don't understand the definition of infrastructure

Wait........what?

Reaction Score
Rutgers has been playing football for a century and promoted football as their primary sport forever, even though they were not very good. Nonetheless they have the legacy of college football on their side and that has been they key to success as far as P5 as well as being located in the most densely populated state in the union. The way a "legacy" gets admitted to a fraternity or a "legacy" gets admitted to an Ivy League school, RU had the legacy to get them to a P5. Actual performance meant nothing.

What else were they going to promote?

Reaction Score
They just tagged along with Princeton promoting itself. Walter Camp's grave is in CT.

Reaction Score
They're inept bumblers who stumbled into the Big Ten because of geography.

They're the Beverly Hillbillies.

Fishy - the Hillbillies are pi$$ed off that you compared them to Rutroh. They are looking for a retraction or they'll sue for libel.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Whelp, I guess AL put out an APB and now all of Scarlet Nation has joined in. Not so much fun anymore. We'll see how it goes tomorrow...

Reaction Score
Whelp, I guess AL put out an APB and now all of Scarlet Nation has joined in. Not so much fun anymore. We'll see how it goes tomorrow...
I didn't know you were going at it with him...just throw the 13-14 men's bb attendance figures at him I did in the thread started by Dayooper...they are right on the money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom