Rutgers AL on Twitter | The Boneyard

Rutgers AL on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For any of you who would like to join in Rutgers Al has taken it upon himself to s**tbag UCONN men's bb on twitter. His main come backs are that KO won with Calhoun's recruits, we will forever be irrelevant in the Mid-major Conference called the AAC, KO can't coach, and then when he gets snarky he says nobody wants UCONN, we will never be in the P-5...and oh yeah that RU beat Wisconsin last yr. Epark88 and I have been having a lot of fun with him...so if any of you would like to join in on the fun please do. Just make sure your first tweet reads something along the lines of "Al did RU beat Wisconsin last yr?"

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Jesus H. Christ. What is it like in this guy's head?

Reaction Score
Jesus H. Christ. What is it like in this guy's head?
he had some back-up then they found out what he was doing and they bailed on him...my hope is I make him break his keyboard in anger. He just outed himself as having a MBA from Duke....it's priceless!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
he had some back-up then they found out what he was doing and they bailed on him...my hope is I make him break his keyboard in anger. He just outed himself as having a MBA from Duke....it's priceless!

That's one fanbase I'll never understand. Aside from a couple of pro bowlers, that school has given absolutely bupkes to the sporting world.

Reaction Score
That's one fanbase I'll never understand. Aside from a couple of pro bowlers, that school has given absolutely bupkes to the sporting world.
Twin brothers Mike and Ray Rice gave a lot to the ultimate fighting world...

Reaction Score
Twin brothers Mike and Ray Rice gave a lot to the ultimate fighting world...
Boatshow..your post just gave me an idea for another tweet to Al...thanks!!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Boatshow..your post just gave me an idea for another tweet to Al...thanks!!

I spent ten minutes looking at this post and realizing that I had to do something.

None of us are productive for every waking second, but you've spent two hours tonight at least partially occupied by RutgersAl.

This feels like a rock bottom moment...is there someone we can call? Do we need to come get you? There's no Hallmark card for any of this - tell us what we can do to help.

This wouldn't be the first time someone has lost themselves here - the realignment board gives no quarter and all of our souls are at hazard. We're at the very bottom of the deepest well and the constant speculation about how nice the weather will be if we ever get out is slowly driving all of us nuts.

Reaction Score
I spent ten minutes looking at this post and realizing that I had to do something.

None of us are productive for every waking second, but you've spent two hours tonight at least partially occupied by RutgersAl.

This feels like a rock bottom moment...is there someone we can call? Do we need to come get you? There's no Hallmark card for any of this - tell us what we can do to help.

This wouldn't be the first time someone has lost themselves here - the realignment board gives no quarter and all of our souls are at hazard. We're at the very bottom of the deepest well and the constant speculation about how nice the weather will be if we ever get out is slowly driving all of us nuts.
Oh no...I've spent less than an hr of my actual time having fun with him. It has actually been fun seeing him loose his mind. If you go to his twitter page....he is going at it with several groups at once. This has been a truly enjoyable evening!

Reaction Score
Al has always had delusions of grandeur. His rantings have always been farcical. Actually met him at the last home game against the Scarlet. Waquoit introduced us in the stadium. As I recall, he wasn't very verbose, & he slinked away at half time.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that's not the same Rutgers Al that posts on the Rutgers message board. I remember seeing a post from him saying he is not on twitter but is aware someone is using his name. The real Al was always delusional but I don't remember him ever saying a bad word about another team.

Reaction Score
But he's taking you with him.
Oh no...I am just having fun with him...I needed to find something to do with my time being laid up with a broken foot for the past 6 wks

Reaction Score
What the hell is a "Rutgers?"
Funny that's exactly what a Tennessee sports columnist asked in a headline in seventy nine or eighty before the 13th ranked Vol's got beat at home by RU. A NJ revolutionary war hero Col. Henry Rutgers... I believe he left a small bequeathment....cracked Bell?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Eh, it's all in good fun - Al is harmless, really.

I keep trying to quit though, but I keep getting sucked in by the hilarity of it all...

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score

This made me shoot water out of my nose from laughing so hard.

thanks

Reaction Score

I've come to the realization that the only thing that matters in life is today. I don't care about realignment anymore because I don't care who UCONN plays 5 years from now. As has been mentioned plenty of times, no one knows what college football will look like 10, 15, 20 years from now. And since I will surely be dead 30 years from now (and that's a stretch, but writing 20 was too depressing, and then you got all other life threatening accidents and illnesses), I have to be entertained by playing in the AAC today. At the end of the day, it's just college sports and with 4 championships on the mens hoops side alone, UCONN has done far better than and is looking down on most of the P5.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've come to the realization that the only thing that matters in life is today. I don't care about realignment anymore because I don't care who UCONN plays 5 years from now. As has been mentioned plenty of times, no one knows what college football will look like 10, 15, 20 years from now. And since I will surely be dead 30 years from now (and that's a stretch, but writing 20 was too depressing, and then you got all other life threatening accidents and illnesses), I have to be entertained by playing in the AAC today. At the end of the day, it's just college sports and with 4 championships on the mens hoops side alone, UCONN has done far better than and is looking down on most of the P5.
For the record, my like was for your assessment of UConn's place in the basketball hierarchy and not for your ultimate demise.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Funny that's exactly what a Tennessee sports columnist asked in a headline in seventy nine or eighty before the 13th ranked Vol's got beat at home by RU. A NJ revolutionary war hero Col. Henry Rutgers... I believe he left a small bequeathment....cracked Bell?

The school actually predates the Revolutionary War. It was founded in 1766 as "Queens College." I guess that means it was named after all queens, or the borough in NYC where "Prince Akeem" looked for his queen.

They changed the name to Rutgers later on.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The school actually predates the Revolutionary War. It was founded in 1766 as "Queens College." I guess that means it was named after all queens, or the borough in NYC where "Prince Akeem" looked for his queen.

They changed the name to Rutgers later on.
Not exactly, they just use that story to claim they are a colonial (pre Revolutionary War) college.

Queens College went out of business about ten years before Rutgers started. About fifteen years after that Rutgers took over the building(s) that Queens College once used.

CL82

Reaction Score
Not exactly, they just use that story to claim they are a colonial (pre Revolutionary War) college.

Queens College went out of business about ten years before Rutgers started. About fifteen years after that Rutgers took over the building(s) that Queens College once used.
News to me. Source?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
News to me. Source?
I checked wikipedia, it was defunct for a while. Although it did re-open as Queens College.

In its early years, Queen's College was plagued by a lack of funds.[3][4] In 1793, with the fledgling college falling on hard times, the board of trustees voted on a resolution to merge with the College of New Jersey (now Princeton University). The measure failed by one vote. The problem did not go away, and in 1795, lacking both funds and tutors, the trustees consider moving the college to New York. Instead, they decide to close, only to reopen in 1808 after the Trustees raised $12,000.[3][4]

CL82

Reaction Score
I checked wikipedia, it was defunct for a while. Although it did re-open as Queens College.

In its early years, Queen's College was plagued by a lack of funds.[3][4] In 1793, with the fledgling college falling on hard times, the board of trustees voted on a resolution to merge with the College of New Jersey (now Princeton University). The measure failed by one vote. The problem did not go away, and in 1795, lacking both funds and tutors, the trustees consider moving the college to New York. Instead, they decide to close, only to reopen in 1808 after the Trustees raised $12,000.[3][4]
Under the Rutgers name
A nationwide economic depression, combined with impending war, forced Queen's College to close down a second time, in 1812.[3][4] In 1825, Queen's College was reopened, and its name was changed to "Rutgers College" in honor of American Revolutionary War hero Colonel Henry Rutgers (1745–1830).

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The Wiki write-up has changed from ~ a decade ago and it appears the Rutgers University has overrun most google searches to make it appear that Queens was re-opened as Rutgers. The reality (and I will find it and post it) is that Rutgers was opened as a new college and when it needed to expand (roughly 12-15 years later) acquired former Queens College buildings due to proximity to the existing college.

The reality is that it is a stretch for them to claim that they are merely a name change from Queens to Rutgers (where the Colege of New Jersey to Princeton and Kings College to Columbia were merely renaming the schools) and, as Quens closed twice, it is an out and out attempt to mislead by claiming the school has existed since colonial times (seven of the eight Ivy's and William and Mary have).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom