Rutgers AD hopes paper goes bankrupt | The Boneyard

Rutgers AD hopes paper goes bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
Im sure that those 300 employees that got pink slips thinks she's just the cats meow!

Reaction Score
Imagine if you had the Courant systematically destroying your AD for the past ten years, get Calhoun fired, forcing Edsall out, etc.

Would you want your AD to be all peachy with them? Haha, no way in hell.

Reaction Score
Imagine if you had the Courant systematically destroying your AD for the past ten years, get Calhoun fired, forcing Edsall out, etc.

Would you want your AD to be all peachy with them? Haha, no way in hell.

So your saying that the New Jersey paper just created all those issues at Rutgers and not the dirtbags that actually did?

Part of the AD's job is making sure they are presenting their University in a positive light. She clearly failed at this.

On second thought, she actually depicted Rutgers accurately. Douchey, petty, and low class.

Reaction Score
So your saying that the New Jersey paper just created all those issues at Rutgers and not the dirtbags that actually did?

Part of the AD's job is making sure they are presenting their University in a positive light. She clearly failed at this.

On second thought, she actually depicted Rutgers accurately. Douchey, petty, and low class.

And with your low class comment above, you're doing a terrific job representing YOUR university.

Reaction Score
And with your low class comment above, you're doing a terrific job representing YOUR university.

I could never outdo Rutgers. They are in a league of their own.

Seriously, Basketball coach fired because he made Bob Knight look like a saint, AD that didn't do anything about it. What do they do, bring in another AD that is a Mike Rice wannabe who promptly tells everyone that she wants the main newspaper shut down and everyone fired. Good PR move for a University that could use some good PR.

The Star-Ledger isn't causing Rutgers problems. They are "Rutgering" things up themselves.

Reaction Score
I could never outdo Rutgers. They are in a league of their own.

Seriously, Basketball coach fired because he made Bob Knight look like a saint, AD that didn't do anything about it. What do they do, bring in another AD that is a Mike Rice wannabe who promptly tells everyone that she wants the main newspaper shut down and everyone fired. Good PR move for a University that could use some good PR.

The Star-Ledger isn't causing Rutgers problems. They are "Rutgering" things up themselves.

We're not in a league of our own....we share a league with Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and several others.

Reaction Score
The Rutgers AD works for the state of New Jersey, and gets paid by the people of New Jersey. If you think it's publicly acceptable for her to root for 300 New Jersey taxpayers to lose their jobs, and their families to lose their source of support, because newspaper writes bad things about the Rutgers Athletic Department I don't know what to tell you. Yes, actually, I do. With all due respect, you are an idiot.

She should be fired on the spot. State employees can't root against the success of their State as a whole publicly. Sheesh.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's amazing they hadn't fired her before this. I can't even begin to guess why they are taking this long to announce it this time.

Reaction Score
I don't want her fired. I'd like for her to be there a long time. She is an idiot.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't want her fired. I'd like for her to be there a long time. She is an idiot.

Don't worry they will botch the hire.

Reaction Score
"They might die again next month," a student said.

"That would be great," she replied. "I'm going to do all I can to not give them a headline to keep them alive."

I don't think it's fair that she will take credit when Rutgers undoubtedly fails to make headlines in the near future. Rutgers was not capturing peoples' attention on its own long before she arrived.

Reaction Score
So we're about to go on primetime for two consecutive evenings to win national championships in major college sports..........and folks in the B1G and ACC have got to say to themselves.......so we took Rutgers and BC, WTF!

Reaction Score
We're not in a league of our own....we share a league with Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and several others.
At the very bottom. Even below Purdue and Northwestern. Ouch.

Reaction Score
You almost have to try to screw up as much stuff as Rutgers. It is almost unbelievable that they botch so many things so often. Just to review some highlights:
  • Football went almost 2 decades without a winning team. How is that possible?
  • Basketball hired a head coach who made players practice naked for missing shots. Seriously. He did.
  • they built a mega-mansion for their football coach and gave him a 0% declining balance loan...and built it in an area that was designated for environmental protection.
  • Basketball again...hired a coach who abused players, then covered it up.
  • They hired an AD who, you guessed it, abused players when she was a head coach, to clean up the mess.
  • Basketball again...hired a "Rutgers grad" to run the program, only to find out that he never actually graduated from Rutgers. Which they could have found out by going to their own records...
And those are just a few of the highlights. This totally fits the mold.

Reaction Score
This is one of the most Rutgers things ever. Hermann and Derek the RA should get a room.

Reaction Score
Adam Rittenberg: Bob, whether or not she's actually glad to see the newspaper struggling, she should have been more careful with her comments. Stand up for what's right? How about showing some poise despite the pressure? That's what other Big Ten athletic directors do. I understand there are discretion policies about comments made in classroom settings at Rutgers, but the risk of something like this getting out outweighs the potential benefit (is there a benefit?) of making that comment.

I doubt you're the only Rutgers fan who feels this way, but I look at the bigger picture. Very few people are fired up about Rutgers in the Big Ten. A lot of Big Ten fans strongly believe Rutgers doesn't belong. The events of the past year at Rutgers only reinforce this perception. It's up to Hermann, with help from Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany, to change the perception. This didn't help.

Adam Rittenberg joined http://ESPN.com in 2008 and covers all things Big Ten football.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
She's completely insane.

And she's in charge at Rutgers.

This simply cannot end well.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
She's completely insane.

And she's in charge at Rutgers.

This simply cannot end well.
She was the politically correct hire championed by some women on the board of trustees. Hire a pro next time.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Since when does the spokesperson for the athletic department need a spokesperson? And if she does need one, why isn't this spokesperson following Hermann around 24/7 like they clearly should be to prevent her from Rutgersing things up?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
She was the politically correct hire championed by some women on the board of trustees. Hire a pro next time.

And this is why she won't be fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69