Rumor: ASU going to choose Big10 for hockey | The Boneyard

Rumor: ASU going to choose Big10 for hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Just a rumor from MGoBlog forum, but seems like it's going to happen.

Link

Reaction Score
That other B1G school USCHO claims is Nebraska. I thought it would be Iowa, didn't know UNL had a facility. Doesn't shock me that they go B1G, the NCHC isn't as good of a fit competitively and monetarily.

Reaction Score
That other B1G school USCHO claims is Nebraska. I thought it would be Iowa, didn't know UNL had a facility. Doesn't shock me that they go B1G, the NCHC isn't as good of a fit competitively and monetarily.

Is Nebraska getting its own team or is the existing Nebraska-Omaha team being 'transferred?' With respect to a rink at Nebraska, Nebraska-Omaha is budiling a new rink (7,500 seats) while Nebraksa-Lincoln is building a much smaller rink with just 700 or so seats. That does not say D1 hockey.

http://facilities.unl.edu/projects/john-breslow-ice-hockey-center

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Is Nebraska getting its own team or is the existing Nebraska-Omaha team being 'transferred?' With respect to a rink at Nebraska, Nebraska-Omaha is budiling a new rink (7,500 seats) while Nebraksa-Lincoln is building a much smaller rink with just 700 or so seats. That does not say D1 hockey.

http://facilities.unl.edu/projects/john-breslow-ice-hockey-center

If they are moving up to D1, they would play in the Pinnacle Bank Center, which can house basketball and hockey. The hockey arena could hold up to 12,700.

Reaction Score
If they are moving up to D1, they would play in the Pinnacle Bank Center, which can house basketball and hockey. The hockey arena could hold up to 12,700.
It does have a rink, but the setup is pretty crappy.

51cb9ecf8f034.preview-620.jpg

Reaction Score
That canyon behind the goal is kind of cool.
Looks cool, but all of those seats above the end there are terrible, you'd be lucky if you could see the net in front of you, and the ones on the sides force you to turn 90 degrees when the puck is in the attacking zone there. It's what the Islanders are doing in Brooklyn, really stupid.

photo-2-2.jpg

Reaction Score
Just a rumor from MGoBlog forum, but seems like it's going to happen.
So, Connecticut alumni and other Huskies fans working or retired in Tempe, Phoenix, Scottsdale, etc. will enjoy conference away hockey games in a B1G way.

Reaction Score
So, Connecticut alumni and other Huskies fans working or retired in Tempe, Phoenix, Scottsdale, etc. will enjoy conference away hockey games in a B1G way.
I vowed never to watch Hockey again since the Whaler departure ,but I believe
I will go to the on campus game in December.
Glendale it a pain to get to from where I live and I'm not sure that caught the I10 shooter. The only way there is to go right through Phoenix
I believe they play Yale there also.

Reaction Score
Looks cool, but all of those seats above the end there are terrible, you'd be lucky if you could see the net in front of you, and the ones on the sides force you to turn 90 degrees when the puck is in the attacking zone there. It's what the Islanders are doing in Brooklyn, really stupid.
However, the Islanders seem to be going in Holy Cross' direction when it comes to front row seats, which is kind of cool.

http://www.barclayscenter.com/news/...-seats-in-hockey-experience-comes-to-brooklyn

Reaction Score
I vowed never to watch Hockey again since the Whaler departure ,but I believe
I will go to the on campus game in December.
Glendale it a pain to get to from where I live and I'm not sure that caught the I10 shooter. The only way there is to go right through Phoenix
I believe they play Yale there also.

You can always go up and around on the 101! :eek:

As a UConn alum living in Phoenix I'm very excited for the Huskies to come here. I'll be there in Glendale when they are here cheering them on. Not to mention the arena is a great place to catch a game, been to quite a few Coyotes games and there isn't a bad seat in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom