Rudy Gay Blind As A Bat? | The Boneyard

Rudy Gay Blind As A Bat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Seems that way.

What I found odd is that Rudy supposedly required the use of contact lenses but didn't like wearing them in Memphis. He tried goggles but didn't like them either.

Recently underwent corrective surgery.

My question is how does a team leave it up to a player's discretion whether or not they play with good eyes? Seems like that would be the team perogative to direct a player to play with whatever corrective eyewear makes them the most efficient.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...-terrible-could-hardly-license-181035727.html

Reaction Score
Glasses worked for this guy...

wildthing.jpg

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Maybe glasses could have added a bit of Kurt Rambis to Rudy's game.

Reaction Score
We could have another new basketball fashion icon!

Cliff - headband
Rip - facial mask
Rudy - goggles

Oh wait, Kareem. Never mind.

MrP

Reaction Score
[ My question is how does a team leave it up to a player's discretion whether or not they play with good eyes? Seems like that would be the team perogative to direct a player to play with whatever corrective eyewear makes them the most efficient.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...-terrible-could-hardly-license-181035727.html[/quote]

If the eye test came before the contract was signed, they could probably include a provision requiring him to wear goggles, but I don't think there's any way they could FORCE him to have a corrective surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom