Roster Attrition | The Boneyard

Roster Attrition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
JohnFSilver7:43pm via Twitter Web Client
Per UConn, Jefferson Ashiru is no longer a member of football team. Left team late in the week. Also, Kamal Abrams is off too.

NHRJimFuller7:44pm via TweetDeck
Both Ashiru and Abrams were losing playing time in the last month or so for #UConn

NHRJimFuller7:55pm via TweetDeck
By my math, 8 #UConn players with remaining eligibility who started at least 1 game last season no longer with team

NHRJimFuller7:57pm via TweetDeck
61 scholarship players dressed for #UConn tonight

Reaction Score
Ashiru, Abrams leave football team (Silver)

>>The Huskies lost wide receiver Ty-Meer Brown and Shakim Phillips to transfer in the early summer and watched as Tyree Clark, David Stevenson, Lyle McCombs left in the summer. Casey Cochran, Angelo Pruitt and Bryan Paull have departed at various points this season. Xavier Hemingway and E.J. Norris left before the spring semester. All 12 players saw action at some point last year for the Huskies.<<

Reaction Score
WOW!!! Shocked by Ashiru. Wasn't he a starter?!? Not surprised by Abrams he hasn't seen time in quite a while.

Reaction Score
This is like a self imposed NCAA Suspension. Want to know why we will still suck next season? It's right here.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Excited to see who these guys are difference makers for next year.

Reaction Score
If a guy's not committed to a program, struggling or otherwise, it's best for all involved for them to move on to other opportunities (including ending a football career). Good luck to the players leaving, and even more to those who remain committed to building some gradual increased success.

Reaction Score
If a guy's not committed to a program, struggling or otherwise, it's best for all involved for them to move on to other opportunities (including ending a football career). Good luck to the players leaving, and even more to those who remain committed to building some gradual increased success.

NHRJimFullerNov 23, 12:30am via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco on atttrition on squad: "Everybody's got their own reason why. We're just trying to grow and build our culture."

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Sorry, but F them. Yes, I'm ornery after sitting through the fahqfest slaughter tonight, but I don't like quitters. Clear em all out. Likely not done after watching tonight's horrendous act.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
JohnFSilver3:15pm via Twitter Web Client
On UConn 2010 recruiting class of 20. 13 left before eligibility expired.

JohnFSilver3:17pm via Twitter Web Client
2011 class, 6 of 16 gone before eligibility expired.

2012, 9 of 23 gone. Some never showed up.

JohnFSilver3:21pm via Twitter Web Client
So, from my math, 28 of 59 10-12 guys left before eligibility expired for various reasons PT, injury, discipline, academics etc.
Those numbers/statistics are crazy. That is just awful.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
JohnFSilver3:15pm via Twitter Web Client
On UConn 2010 recruiting class of 20. 13 left before eligibility expired.

2011 class, 6 of 16 gone before eligibility expired.

2012, 9 of 23 gone. Some never showed up.

JohnFSilver3:21pm via Twitter Web Client
So, from my math, 28 of 59 10-12 guys left before eligibility expired for various reasons PT, injury, discipline, academics etc.

2010 - not surprising given the coaching change. Randy was clearly focused on being elsewhere in 2011.
2011 - small class but the percentage doesn't seem out of line to me.
2012 - again, given the eminent coaching change and the CR trap door, not surprising.

The moral is; without a P5 bowl bid and a lack of buzz around the program, recruiting against anyone is going to be tough. Need to find our own guys.

Reaction Score
2010 - not surprising given the coaching change. Randy was clearly focused on being elsewhere in 2011.
2011 - small class but the percentage doesn't seem out of line to me.
2012 - again, given the eminent coaching change and the CR trap door, not surprising.

The moral is; without a P5 bowl bid and a lack of buzz around the program, recruiting against anyone is going to be tough. Need to find our own guys.
Which is what Diaco is doing, yet people call it recruiting MAC athletes and guys with no P5 offers etc.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Which is what Diaco is doing, yet people call it recruiting MAC athletes and guys with no P5 offers etc.

Any disappointment with BD so far has nothing to do with the talent on the roster or recruiting. It has to do with the completely unprepared look that the team has had all season. If his plan is to do what he wants to do and wait for the talent to arrive and execute it properly then he is going to be out of work in 12 months. He has to coach the team he has, and that doesn't appear to be the case by asking them to do things they can't do.

The saving grace would be that all these guys that redshirted will come in and win jobs next season and that influx will change the dynamic. It's not exactly putting the mortgage payment on black, more like putting it on 13. Seems like long odds to me. He has a full off season, I suggest he uses it. Again, asking to beat Army, Nova, and four AAC dregs next season isn't asking a whole lot.

Reaction Score
Any disappointment with BD so far has nothing to do with the talent on the roster or recruiting. It has to do with the completely unprepared look that the team has had all season. If his plan is to do what he wants to do and wait for the talent to arrive and execute it properly then he is going to be out of work in 12 months. He has to coach the team he has, and that doesn't appear to be the case by asking them to do things they can't do.

The saving grace would be that all these guys that redshirted will come in and win jobs next season and that influx will change the dynamic. It's not exactly putting the mortgage payment on black, more like putting it on 13. Seems like long odds to me. He has a full off season, I suggest he uses it. Again, asking to beat Army, Nova, and four AAC dregs next season isn't asking a whole lot.
I respectfully disagree with your first sentence. While that is surely part of it, I have seen numerous posts on here bashing this class and the athletes that have committed thus far and others that have been targeted. Not sure what people expect, but I can tell you it won't be a Top 25 class any time soon.

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 7:01pm via TweetDeck
A look at attrition on #UConn football program by recruiting class runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/11/closer…

>>Closer look at UConn's attrition

The subject of attrition with the UConn football program has been a popular subject this week. After the loss to Cincinnati UConn coach Bob Diaco said that 35 players are no longer with the team from the classes of 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.

If you add in Shakim Phillips, who transferred in from Boston College only to go back to BC this season and Tom Rodick, who was medically disqualified and is the only member of the current freshman class no longer on the program, Diaco's math seems about right. By my math, there are 50 active players from those classes and 35 no longer around.<<

Detailed list here

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 7:01pm via TweetDeck
A look at attrition on #UConn football program by recruiting class runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/11/closer…

>>Closer look at UConn's attrition

The subject of attrition with the UConn football program has been a popular subject this week. After the loss to Cincinnati UConn coach Bob Diaco said that 35 players are no longer with the team from the classes of 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.

If you add in Shakim Phillips, who transferred in from Boston College only to go back to BC this season and Tom Rodick, who was medically disqualified and is the only member of the current freshman class no longer on the program, Diaco's math seems about right. By my math, there are 50 active players from those classes and 35 no longer around.<<

Detailed list here
That's nuts. IN a 4 year period. A college program with 85 allowable scholarships not dresses a team of 61 scholarship athletes. Think about that. That's 24 less than the NCAA allowable limit. That's basically one full recruiting class. That's like being a freshman class teacher (9th grade) and having a bunch of 7th graders that just got to middle school.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That's nuts. IN a 4 year period. A college program with 85 allowable scholarships not dresses a team of 61 scholarship athletes. Think about that. That's 24 less than the NCAA allowable limit. That's basically one full recruiting class. That's like being a freshman class teacher (9th grade) and having a bunch of 7th graders that just got to middle school.

First of all it's not that nuts.

Second of all some of the reason they lost a lot of players is because of Diaco. You don't get to use it as an excuse when you are responsible for it.

Reaction Score

How many injured scholarship players didn't suit up on Saturday? I would guess at least 6.

Reaction Score
How many injured scholarship players didn't suit up on Saturday? I would guess at least 6.
There were a few. Gifford, Jones, Carrezola, to name 3. All had started and/or played significant time this season.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Define "a lot".

Well without knowing the details of every departure that is pretty difficult to define exactly.

They have 5 redshirts, plus the guys that are hurt, plus the guys that wouldn't have left... It's an extremely lame excuse - but this is someone who finds Army to be an incredible challenge. Can't wait until he sees Missouri next year....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom