Rocky VII, a/k/a Creed, Is On Its Way | The Boneyard

Rocky VII, a/k/a Creed, Is On Its Way

Reaction Score
Really liked the first 2 of the Dark Knight trilogy but I thought The Dark Knight Rises was dreadful, couldn't even finish it. I know I'm in the minority. Haven't seen the Expendables or Grudge Match, they looked over the top silly but I'm a sucker for Rocky and Rambo. Have enjoyed pretty much every Rocky as for Rambo, First Blood and the last Rambo were great.

Reaction Score
Really liked the first 2 of the Dark Knight trilogy but I thought The Dark Knight Rises was dreadful, couldn't even finish it. I know I'm in the minority. Haven't seen the Expendables or Grudge Match, they looked over the top silly but I'm a sucker for Rocky and Rambo. Have enjoyed pretty much every Rocky as for Rambo, First Blood and the last Rambo were great.

Rambo Whatever, the last one, is probably the only thing close to the Death Wish type of movies made in the last decade. I laugh every time the pacifist do-gooder turns killer at the end (after having been such a to Rambo throughout) and then gives Rambo the little wave goodbye. You got to just watch these new Old Sly movies for what they are---fun.

Grudge Match is definitely worth a watch. It is a little more serious than The Expendables, which practically mock the old 80s action movies with all of the gray-haired stars making cameos at least once or twice, and it has Deniro in it. If you ever wondered whether Rocky could take the Raging Bull, it's your chance to find out . . . .

P.s. I understand your feeling about DK III. I think it just needed editing. Whenever I watch it, it, I start at the scene when Bain breaks Batman, and go from there. The first hour or so, outside of the the opening sequence when Bain abducted the physicist, is boring and drags on way too long.

Reaction Score
You really liked Grudge Match? I love Deniro and Stallone but thought pretty brutal.

I liked Rocky VI a lot....aka Balboa. Not many movies with that many sequels can I say they are all some level of good/great. Only one I have tough time calling good is the one with Tommy Morrison.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Rocky training Creed's kid reeks of the failed Rocky V formula. Say it ain't so. The last Rocky was a good flick to end on. Let it go Sly. It was a great run, but just let it go.

Reaction Score
You really liked Grudge Match? I love Deniro and Stallone but thought pretty brutal.

I liked Rocky VI a lot....aka Balboa. Not many movies with that many sequels can I say they are all some level of good/great. Only one I have tough time calling good is the one with Tommy Morrison.

We agree on Rocky V. S-cks balls, without a doubt. But yeah, I liked Grudge Match. Never ran out to watch it again, but the fight scene was worth the price of a ticket and popcorn.

What else are they making nowadays? Stuff being produced stinks. Give me Stallone and Deniro fighting, and at least I'm entertained.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It would be an interesting concept as a new franchise if it were free from the Balboa stink and if Sly wasn't in it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

I wouldn't seek out Grudge Match, but I thought it was better than pure dreck. Of course, I'm a sucker for movies filmed in Pittsburgh. And the Kevin Hart/Tyson/Holyfield bit at the end was priceless.

Rocky V did have one redeeming quality despite it's off-the-charts magnitude of suck. The boxing/fighting choreography between Stallone and Morrison was the best of any of the Rocky movies, where zero of the boxing scenes remotely resemble actual boxing.

Come to think of it, the boxing scenes in Grudge Match were more realistic than any in Rocky.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom