Rob Ambrose | The Boneyard

Rob Ambrose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It seems like people are resigned to the fact that Coach Pasqualoni seriously underperformed this year, and that there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of hope for him at UC. My question is - why not many mentions of bringing back ROB AMBROSE to take over the program? Rob was the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach when Randy was here, so he knows offense and is someone who can turn this terrible system we have right now around. Also, he was a VERY good recruiter - he was the one finding these 2-star recruits and seeing them as unearthed diamonds, and lead our coaches in developing them.Then he leaves and goes to Towson where he resurrects that program and does nothing but win.

Bringing Rob back to Storrs would bring someone who people know and are comfortable with, and someone with a history of winning, recruiting, and turning things around.

Reaction Score
It seems like people are resigned to the fact that Coach Pasqualoni seriously underperformed this year, and that there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of hope for him at UC. My question is - why not many mentions of bringing back ROB AMBROSE to take over the program? Rob was the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach when Randy was here, so he knows offense and is someone who can turn this terrible system we have right now around. Also, he was a VERY good recruiter - he was the one finding these 2-star recruits and seeing them as unearthed diamonds, and lead our coaches in developing them.Then he leaves and goes to Towson where he resurrects that program and does nothing but win.

Bringing Rob back to Storrs would bring someone who people know and are comfortable with, and someone with a history of winning, recruiting, and turning things around.

Because the last time our offense was as bad as it is now, Rob Ambrose was the OC.

Reaction Score
Actually, that's not the reason. The reason is that Ambrose seems to be universally hated by everyone who goes near him.

The guy can coach, but I don't think anyone would go near him at this point.

Reaction Score
Disagree. Who hates him? That story from Towson was BS from a kid who didn't play anymore. And wow, he uses profanity when he talks to his players - this is Division 1 football, I WANT my coach to get into it and be intense. Clearly, whatever this team has now isn't working. Rob coming back here would be (IMO) a GREAT hire by Manuel. We aren't getting Bob Stoops to come save this thing - Rob brings a name, a track record, and a familiarity.

Reaction Score
Edsall handcuffed every OC he has ever had.

Ambrose can coach a passing attack. There is much evidence to support this assertion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom