Rivals calls Gilbert "a soft verbal". | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rivals calls Gilbert "a soft verbal".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I suspect whatever nitwit enters the verbal in the system for UConn just doesn't know what he's doing.

UConn has to pay attention, but there's nothing special there.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure "soft verbal" is a football recruiting term. If you think basketball recruiting is stressful, it's nothing compared to football. Kids routinely make verbal commitments and then continue making visits. I think, like Fishy said, somebody just misclicked.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, it's bad English to use "soft verbal" to mean "hasn't yet signed an LOI." That's what "verbal" meant, i.e. not in writing. "Soft" has no meaning unless it means a verbal with a high chance of getting rescinded.

Did you know the term quarantine comes from the Italian (seventeenth-century Venetian) quaranta, meaning forty, which is the number of days ships were required to be isolated before passengers and crew could go ashore during the Black Death plague epidemic.

Source: Wikipedia via Reddit.

Reaction Score
Oh I forgot all of these "insiders" know that it's a soft verbal

Reaction Score
So basically, I was able to enjoy the news for about 20 minutes.
So after seeing this I read everything he said about his commit and there's nothing "soft" about it. KO is a point, which was a big part of it and he is looking forward to anchoring with JA. The other thing he inferred is that this basically gets all of the calls of recruiters off his back which starts to bug these kids after the novelty wears off. UCONN was in early and gave him the most love. Unless we pull another 5 star point guard for next season there is little concern.

Reaction Score
Not that it makes any difference but 247 has Gilbert as a "hard commit". I fully expect him to be wearing husky blue in 2016.

Reaction Score
Did you know the term quarantine comes from the Italian (seventeenth-century Venetian) quaranta, meaning forty, which is the number of days ships were required to be isolated before passengers and crew could go ashore during the Black Death plague epidemic.

"Discovered by the Germans in 1906 they called it San Di-ago. Which, of course, in German means, "A Whale's vagina.

Source: Ron Burgundy

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
A soft verbal beats a soft digital or soft coital. Of the 3 the soft verbal, I believe, is most likely to become hard. You may find that hard to swallow.

DALTX

I don't have a hobby, I watch UConn
Reaction Score

I'm reading that Dan Brown book.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Penis jokes aside, I don't think we have to worry too much. One of the things that stuck out to me while watching the post-commitment interview was how he wasn't going to miss getting phone calls from coaches at all hours of the day. We sometimes forget that the recruiting process can be fairly taxing on these kids, and I think that AG is glad that he doesn't have to worry about it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom