Rivals calls Gilbert "a soft verbal". | The Boneyard

Rivals calls Gilbert "a soft verbal".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everyone's a soft verbal until they sign I believe.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
UConn will need to keep recruiting Gilbert.

There are a couple of schools that will keep pressing him - e.g. Louisville.
Will we do the same with VJ King?

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Everyone's a soft verbal until they sign I believe.

Not true. Guys who were former UConn targets like VJ King, D'Marcus Simonds, Jordan Harris, Troy Baxter, etc. are recognized as "solid" verbals, according to Rivals.

In fact, among the commitments that I looked at, only Diarra and Gilbert are recognized as "soft" verbals.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I know Louisville and Pitino have a reputation of continuing to recruit guys after they have committed elsewhere so KO and staff can't rest on their laurels here. Don't want another Prince Ali situation on our hands.

Reaction Score
Does them calling Gilbert a "soft verbal" have anything to do with Syracuse's recruitment of Battle? As of now, Syracuse appears to be placing all their eggs in that basket - one wonders if they could turn their attention to Gilbert if that falls through.

Reaction Score
I know Louisville and Pitino have a reputation of continuing to recruit guys after they have committed elsewhere so KO and staff can't rest on their laurels here. Don't want another Prince Ali situation on our hands.
Pitino has a reputation of bending over crazy eyed blondes at his favorite red sauce joint, he also has a rep of not putting players into the league. He also looks like the crypt keeper.

Reaction Score
Who cares what they put.....soft or hard, we got em. In the end they look bitter because they will be here in Connecticut

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
UConn will need to keep recruiting Gilbert.

There are a couple of schools that will keep pressing him - e.g. Louisville.

So basically, I was able to enjoy the news for about 20 minutes.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Quote from AG " ah, well I kinda commit to the University of Uconn"

"I heard those Boneyard guys are a high-strung bunch, so I decided to have a little fun with them."

pj

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, in this day and age that's correct

Quite frankly, it's bad English to use "soft verbal" to mean "hasn't yet signed an LOI." That's what "verbal" meant, i.e. not in writing. "Soft" has no meaning unless it means a verbal with a high chance of getting rescinded.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, it's bad English to use "soft verbal" to mean "hasn't yet signed an LOI." That's what "verbal" meant, i.e. not in writing. "Soft" has no meaning unless it means a verbal with a high chance of getting rescinded.

I think 3UConn understands that and is referring to kids changing their minds up until signing period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom