RIP Mr. Spock (aka Leonard Nimoy) | The Boneyard

RIP Mr. Spock (aka Leonard Nimoy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Spock.jpg

Leonard Nimoy, best known for playing the character Spock in the Star Trek television shows and films, died at 83.

[LINK]

Reaction Score
As one of the original series "Trekkies" at the USAF Academy starting in 1966, "Star Trek" was immensely popular there as you can probably imagine. I also went to the first "Star Con" in about 1972 in Los Angeles.

I shall miss Leonard Nimoy and Mr Spock. Shall we all "Live long and prosper."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Change is the essential process of all existence.

Vintage-Nimoy-Spock-mr-spock-27954919-349-455.jpg

From a small Boston neighborhood to one of the most recognizable characters ever on television.

R.I.P. Mr. Spock

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Star Trek Trivia.....that might not be known by all

Leonard Nimoy. In the script of "The Enemy Within" Spock disabled the duplicate Kirk by pistol whipping him. Nimoy felt that it would be too "savage" and unsuitable for such a logical individual as Spock. He asked the director if he could improvise his own idea. He said yes, and Nimoy choreographed the now-famous neck pinch with Shatner for the episode. The Vulcan hand salute was improvised by Nimoy on the set of "Amok Time." As a child, his religious Jewish parents often took Nimoy to the local synagogue where he had seen people making this hand gesture while saying prayers--a handsign done with both hands by the descendants of Aaron (called cohen, plural cohanim) when the congregation of a Jewish synagogue is being blessed with the "May the Lord bless you and keep you." This inspired Nimoy to create the Vulcan hand salute.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060028/faq?ref_=tt_faq_sm#.2.1.10

Reaction Score
Star Trek Trivia.....that might not be known by all
Leonard Nimoy. In the script of "The Enemy Within" Spock disabled the duplicate Kirk by pistol whipping him. Nimoy felt that it would be too "savage" and unsuitable for such a logical individual as Spock. He asked the director if he could improvise his own idea. He said yes, and Nimoy choreographed the now-famous neck pinch with Shatner for the episode.

upload_2015-2-27_13-21-4.png

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
CamrnCrz1974 said:
"Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most...human."

As a lifelong Trek fan, I can still chuckle about the times that Shatner would overact or deliver an over-wrought line, but this line was really memorable--and delivered powerfully, in a way that only he could do.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
VAUConnFan said:
I do not have exact figures so I will make a guess.

"I shall quicken my pace."

Reaction Score
A childhood icon (of mine) and a sci-fi legend passes. RIP Mr Spock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom