Rip Hamilton Discusses New TV Gig and Playoffs Mind-set | The Boneyard

Rip Hamilton Discusses New TV Gig and Playoffs Mind-set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...t-pistons-richard-hamilton-playoffs/27944295/

"You want to get your body and mind right. It's pretty much a mind-set more than anything," Hamilton said from his Florida home over the holiday weekend. "Teams do a great job of scouting each other. You really have to put yourself in a mind-set that it's all about your will. If you can will yourself to win, you're going to do that.
"Physically the game is the game. You're going to have guys trying to stop you all season long. You have young guys trying to make a name for themselves, veteran guys that don't want to be showed up. During the season, especially if you're one of those elite guys or you're on a winning team, teams are going to constantly try to go out and prove that they're better than you."

In his post-NBA career, Hamilton would like to join the likes of locals Steve Smith, Isiah Thomas, Jalen Rose, Chris Webber and former teammate and friend Chauncey Billups as an analyst. He has made a couple of appearances on NBA TV.
"That was the one thing I said I was going to give a try," he said. "It's tough. It's hard. It's not easy. Oh, my goodness! I like it. It's a challenge. It keeps me around the game. ... I definitely enjoyed it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom