RIP B.B. King | The Boneyard

RIP B.B. King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Riley B. King, the legendary guitarist known as B.B. King, whose velvety voice and staccato-picking style brought blues from the margins to the mainstream, died Thursday night.

The Mississippi native's reign as "king of the blues" lasted more than six decades and straddled two centuries, influencing a generation of rock and blues musicians, from Eric Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughan, to Sheryl Crow and John Mayer.

His life was the subject of the documentary "B.B. King: The Life of Riley," and the inspiration for the The B.B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center, which opened in 2008.

King's enduring legacy came from his refusal to slow down even after cementing his status as an American music icon.

[LINK] to story.

He was one of the true American Music greats!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Listen to his album with Eric Clapton .... BB out-blues Clapton.
Saw him live once and the amazing thing was that he made it look so easy and natural.

Reaction Score
My one and only time seeing Mr. King live was back in 1974 at the Circle Star Theater in San Carlos, CA; He opened for The Spinners. That night, it should have been the other way around. Lucille was an absolutely gorgeous guitar; Almost too pretty to play, but play the heck out of it was what Mr. King did.

Reaction Score
My one and only time seeing Mr. King live was back in 1974 at the Circle Star Theater in San Carlos, CA; He opened for The Spinners. That night, it should have been the other way around. Lucille was an absolutely gorgeous guitar; Almost too pretty to play, but play the heck out of it was what Mr. King did.

Ditto around the same time in a little club in Huntington Beach. Man, that guy could play and sing. RIP

HGN

Reaction Score
I hated to hear the news...........I always wanted to see B.B. King Live. But never did.

R.I.P... B.B

Reaction Score
Riley B. King, the legendary guitarist known as B.B. King, whose velvety voice and staccato-picking style brought blues from the margins to the mainstream, died Thursday night.

The Mississippi native's reign as "king of the blues" lasted more than six decades and straddled two centuries, influencing a generation of rock and blues musicians, from Eric Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughan, to Sheryl Crow and John Mayer.

His life was the subject of the documentary "B.B. King: The Life of Riley," and the inspiration for the The B.B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center, which opened in 2008.

King's enduring legacy came from his refusal to slow down even after cementing his status as an American music icon.

[LINK] to story.

He was one of the true American Music greats!

Remember buying his album "Lucille" in 1967 while in college. What a muscian he is.

Reaction Score
Listen to his album with Eric Clapton .... BB out-blues Clapton.
Saw him live once and the amazing thing was that he made it look so easy and natural.
Fair View keep your view fair. Eric Clapton was the first to come out and say BB was the king and his greatest influence. There is no such thing as out-blues in the genre. BB always said Muddy Waters was his greatest influence. Did Muddy out-blues BB, no. There is no such thing, it is simply different styles to be appreciated when combined or on their own.
Had the pleasure of seeing them both twice and they were both class acts. No slander here but you should get out and see more top acts as they all are able to make it look easy and natural. It is the language of 1 4 5 . What you enjoyed was BB's interpretation over Clapton's, and that is only opinion, they enjoyed the record they put out or would not have released it.

Reaction Score
Saw BB play at Toads Place in New Haven - wonderfully intimate and personal vs typical 'concert' setting. RIP

Reaction Score
Saw BB play at the Mohegan Sun as well as other places.

"Live In Japan" is another seminal recording he made as well as "Live At The Regal". Never could get a vibrato close to his on the guitar...

Reaction Score
One of my Favorites of all time!A great performer and a wonderful person!You will never be forgotten Mr.King!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Yikes! I read today that 2 of his daughters are claiming that his aides/caretakers poisoned him...and the Las Vegas
police apparently are taking the allegations seriously enough to investigate.

Reaction Score
I hope it is not true!If it is they should pay I hope all parties don't tarnishthis mans legacy!

Reaction Score
Diabetes is an ugly disease. I have type I diabetes, as did my brother, who passed away from complications at the age of 42. In honor of BB King consider donating to the American Diabetes Association.

https://donations.diabetes.org/site...gclid=CN3b1ZSLxMUCFdgDgQodUwUAYg&gclsrc=aw.ds
Sorry about your brother,my heart goes out to you and your family.I have been battling this horrible disease for the last 17 years and I have lost a lot the last 4 years have been the hardest!My complications have made it hard to walk something I always took for granted!I am still young.I have learned to enjoy the simple things in life but I miss my old one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom